Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kill the Bill  (Read 9330 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 11:46:24 »

A lot of people don't give a fuck about politics and a lot more people don't give a fuck about this bill. Their lives are largely unaffected or they ensure they're largely unaffected by either.
Good for them. Thats probably the life to lead.
They assume they are. And under a normal moderate democratic govt it's a reasonable assumption. Not any more. That's my point.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 11:47:02 »

Lots of people don't. And there's a good argument to say people should be able to get on with their lives and ignore politics safe in the knowledge that actually things will stay pretty much the same. But there's an even better argument that citizens have to be if not actively engaged in democracy*, then at least alert to threats to it, or run the risk that democracy is silently eroded from under them. It's bills like this, and govts like this, unfortunately that make the latter argument more compelling.

*Voting every 5 years is not being *actively* engaged in democracy

When you say governments like this, you really mean just any conservative government. So how many of the hated union, strike, picket laws did your beloved Labour repeal when that Tory in Labour drag had the majority that the current government have?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 11:50:35 »

When you say governments like this, you really mean just any conservative government.
No I don't. I mean this govt specifically. I'm no fan of Tory govts in general but I've said repeatedly this govt is uniquely threatening to democracy and the rule of law. I coudn't stand Thatcher but she did at least respect the rule of law and the broad foundations of modern democracies, this govt is Trump-esque in it's contempt for both

So how many of the hated union, strike, picket laws did your beloved Labour repeal when that Tory in Labour drag had the majority that the current government have?
Leaving aside the whatabouttery, despite your assumptions I'm no great fan of "beloved Labour" either. By "that Tory in Labour drag" I assume you mean Blair and I'm minded to agree. Much of what is dreadful in modern politics can be traced back to Blair IMO and I'd have gladly seen him and several of his ministers prosecuted.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 12:05:15 »

I'd ask the miners if Thatcher respected the law and democracy. I think she did neither.
It would help if we had an apposition that actually opposed instead of being led by the invisible Man.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 12:08:51 »

I'd ask the miners if Thatcher respected the law and democracy. I think she did neither.
Not even in the same ballpark as the outright corruption and assaults on the law we've seen over the last 12 months. Thatcher was brutal, but she was an amateur compared to the  extremists currently running what used to be the Tory Party.

It would help if we had an apposition that actually opposed instead of being led by the invisible Man.
Well yes. And a media that did it's job properly too. But we don't. So just sit on your hands and wait for fascism?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #65 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 12:23:46 »

Wow.
Why the wow? You only have to look at the posts since ours and at all the political posts on here and on Twitter to see how they end up. I can't be fucked with it all, it's all you ever hear about and ends up with people constantly telling you what you should think about it, and if you disagree you are constantly told you are missing the point and they shout at you until you just shut up.

I don't go to protests, I am on the right side of the law and anything I want to change i can't, call me what you like but i don't want to have to know the ins and outs of laws and politics as suggested
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 12:24:10 »

Pauld is a Tory
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 12:31:30 »

Not even in the same ballpark as the outright corruption and assaults on the law we've seen over the last 12 months. Thatcher was brutal, but she was an amateur compared to the  extremists currently running what used to be the Tory Party.
Well yes. And a media that did it's job properly too. But we don't. So just sit on your hands and wait for fascism?

Well whether you think voting every five years is or is not actively taking part in politics doesn’t really matter because as I have mentioned the status quo will always come top. Of course Labour will get back in power at some point, we all know that. They won’t win the election, the conservatives will lose it and everything that you gnash your teeth at on an almost daily basis will surely come home to bite them on the arse. I honestly don’t think rioting by the looney left fringe of anarchists will help their or your cause, it if anything it hardens the moderate majority of the country into rejecting the left no matter how well intentioned they think they are.

The metropolitan private educated, millionaire sneering leftist elite have ignored their core working class voters for years and years. Now you’re reaping the fruits of that. If I were you I’d be fucking spitting feathers (well you seem to be daily TBF) at them and the hard line momentum rent a mob. Get covid out the way and this country will prosper greatly. The world at large are rubbing their hands with anticipation at trading with a free U.K. The EU club is a busted flush and unless they can sort out their € debt and get all the € nations into one legal tax and spending model like a sovereign country does they will lurch from crisis to crisis. They’re petrified and with good reason that this great nation of ours will make a success of being free again. The vaccine fiasco just about sums the club up.

Paul, Starmer will not win you an election I’m afraid and I have no idea of any rising stars in your party who will be able to mount a successful challenge to the demonstrating bill and the Conservative party in the foreseeable future.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 12:34:09 »

Paul, Starmer will not win you an election I’m afraid and I have no idea of any rising stars in your party who will be able to mount a successful challenge to the demonstrating bill and the Conservative party in the foreseeable future.
And again, I'm not a member of the Labour party. But you'll continue to ignore that the same way you used to insist Reg was Paul Plowman. It becomes impossible to discuss things sensibly with people who won't accept facts.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 12:52:54 »

There is plenty left wing media around including the BBC. Given how much shit there is, it should be fucking easy to.oppose this lot. The media are doing their job it's just that people don't give a fuck. Politics and politicians is at an all time low. There is no party worthy of my vote. The Tories are fucking criminals and labour are a hypocritical self serving middle class elite. Labour seem to have the view that they are always right and it's the electorate who are too stolid to grasp their genius. The Tories clearly do not give a fuck about anyone, a bit like a political Lee power.
Labour seriously need to get their shit together instead of continuing to.prove they are 2 parties in one. Tell momentum to fuck off and go towards the centre with a new leader who wasn't the architect of their laughable brexit policy.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 12:58:05 »

There is plenty left wing media around including the BBC.
I didn't say that. I said a media that does it's job properly. The right wing press is just as capable of doing that and should be. You see flashes of it in the Times and even the Telegraph on ocassion but by and large the media fails abjectly. And the BBC is just out and out a govt propaganda outlet these days, it's laughable
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:06:00 »

I didn't say that. I said a media that does it's job properly. The right wing press is just as capable of doing that and should be. You see flashes of it in the Times and even the Telegraph on ocassion but by and large the media fails abjectly. And the BBC is just out and out a govt propaganda outlet these days, it's laughable
Well disagree about the BBC which I see as a politically correct left wing preaching outlet.  Same as channel 4.
Where you say the press don't do their job properly, we probably have the best press anywhere in the world. Free and varied. They'll print what sells. The Tory papers will happily report anti Tory stuff.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:09:42 »

How far to the fucking right do you have to be to think the current news output of the bbc is left wing?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:11:15 »

Centre?
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:12:03 »

You lot are depressing
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print