Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So many titles ‘It’s hope that gets you’, you decide. STFC V The JY massive.  (Read 17927 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #45 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 09:06:06 »

2-1 to Blackpool with the 2 million pound rated forward scoring from a penalty
No way could we get £2m for Pork Pie Pele.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 09:06:20 »

Looking back at the first game, CJ Hamilton was their main threat, so a relief that he might be missing today.
If the replacement has pace then Thompson will need to help Ian Dolo out.
Was also impressed by their left back, Demetri Mitchell?.
Maybe Garrick would give him more to think about if leaving space behind than Joel Grant.

There will be a some irritation in seeing Jerry Yates not playing for us.
Under normal circumstances would have expected his signing to be a relatively straightforward exercise in the summer.
Similarly, the blood pressure might also go up a notch or two with Jonny Smith attacking the wrong end on Monday.

An unexpected point today would be excellent. Three would be a huge step towards staying up.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 09:09:11 »

No way could we get £2m for Pork Pie Pele.

I did leave the penalty scorer name open....😀

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 09:16:35 »

Defeat. 1-3

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 09:32:13 »

2-1 to us. Solely because this is now my default prediction for every game this season.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 09:58:29 »

A rare draw. Twine to bag

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 11:32:42 »

A rare draw. Twine to bag

A draw? My feeling too.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 12:01:01 »

In all seriousness, taking the games in isolation I'm not expecting to get anything out of the game today and would take a point on Monday. The problem with that of course is that you can't take the games in isolation - if we do get a point out of the next two games, that leaves us needing to win at least 3, probably 4, of the remaining 7 games and we've been nowhere near that kind of form all season. So we probably need to get a draw today and a win Monday, which on the back of the last 2 wins, would in itself be a remarkable run of form. We're just running out of time.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 12:11:27 »

I reckon another 11 or 12 points for safety so at leat three wins needed which won't be easy and let's hope all of our players who were away on international duty aren't fatigued😀😀
« Last Edit: Friday, April 2, 2021, 12:27:32 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 12:38:10 »

In all seriousness, taking the games in isolation I'm not expecting to get anything out of the game today and would take a point on Monday. The problem with that of course is that you can't take the games in isolation - if we do get a point out of the next two games, that leaves us needing to win at least 3, probably 4, of the remaining 7 games and we've been nowhere near that kind of form all season. So we probably need to get a draw today and a win Monday, which on the back of the last 2 wins, would in itself be a remarkable run of form. We're just running out of time.

At this part of the season more so than the early part praying for your team to win is as important as praying your relegation competitors lose. Some fixtures over the next two matches that could well benefit us if we don’t do so well and really give us hope if we do ok or better than expected and the others don’t.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 12:47:05 »

At this part of the season more so than the early part praying for your team to win is as important as praying your relegation competitors lose. Some fixtures over the next two matches that could well benefit us if we don’t do so well and really give us hope if we do ok or better than expected and the others don’t.
Yes, and the one good thing is that by definition our competitors are also shit, so if we can string some results together we can at least rely on most of them to lose.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 12:52:22 »

We're fortunate that Blackpool is under-strength, therefore I optimistically forecast a narrow  win  for us.

ust be the oldest
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 12:57:20 »

We will batter them. 4-0, including a JY OG.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #58 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 12:58:23 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 13:00:02 »

Pitch looks like less of a sandpit today. Don’t know if that’s a good or bad thing....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: