Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 84809 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 16:11:07 »

We sunk a whole load of money into wedding & honeymoon in the US last year which all got rescheduled to this year so fingers crossed it all goes ahead or else I stand to lose a shit load of money. A lot of the stuff we booked are not so hot on the refunds despite the ongoing situation. Bit difficult with the other half being a teacher, means the only time we can do anything really substantial is August. She's all jabbed up and I'm hopeful I can get mine before the summer.

We fully intend to go if we can though, especially if we're both jabbed. Honestly couldn't give a monkeys how much of a knobend it makes me! Thankfully Florida is vaccinating all adults over 18 from next week so looks like it could be a goer.

Your issue is going to be the USA letting you in at the moment.

Florida itself is pretty open, very few restrictions remain in place by law, but most establishments of repute have kept good practices in place, especially those that rely on the tourist $.

Whereabouts in Florida?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 16:12:34 »

On Florida, I'm popping down in late August for a week - was originally planned for a family Holiday in May last year, then rescheduled for this May and now cancelled again.  Hopefully we can get my parents over for Christmas to Georgia though.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 16:33:46 »

UK For me this year, already booked family holiday near Scarborough for August and five days on the Isle of Wight for September. Both with covid money back guarantee s.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 16:49:32 »

UK For me this year, already booked family holiday near Scarborough for August and five days on the Isle of Wight for September. Both with covid money back guarantee s.

Feel free to share a pint with you if I'm about up that way. Or curve me if you like as well  Cheesy  Still trying to figure out if it's you I bought the programme off  Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Hunk

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 17:25:01 »

Not a holiday as such, but I’m hopeful about being able to go back to the states in August for a few weeks to see my kids. Provided the UK and the US keep up their vaccination drives at roughly the current pace I’m confident I’ll be able to.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 19:17:07 »

Decided to make a trip to the Scottish Highlands, having been to Scotland quite a few times but never the Highlands. Haven't looked into much yet, does anyone have any recommendations?

For sure. I've done two driving holidays.  Inverness up the east coast, along the north coast and down the west coast.  Where are you thinking of? I'll help if I can.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 06:11:16 »

For sure. I've done two driving holidays.  Inverness up the east coast, along the north coast and down the west coast.  Where are you thinking of? I'll help if I can.

I was thinking of driving up the west coast and across to Inverness, then maybe coming back through the Cairngorms. I can only really take a week off in summer though, which I realise isn't a great deal of time. My main questions would be where I try and see in that time, and where it is worth stopping along the way for a night or two? Cheers.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 06:58:45 »

I was thinking of driving up the west coast and across to Inverness, then maybe coming back through the Cairngorms. I can only really take a week off in summer though, which I realise isn't a great deal of time. My main questions would be where I try and see in that time, and where it is worth stopping along the way for a night or two? Cheers.

I'll have a think over the weekend.  If I forget, feel free to remind me!

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #38 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 09:43:00 »

Florida itself is pretty open, very few restrictions remain in place by law, but most establishments of repute have kept good practices in place, especially those that rely on the tourist $.

Whereabouts in Florida?
They are talking of starting travel corridors from UK to USA from july. Fingers crossed
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 10:33:40 »

Whereabouts in Florida?

Roaming around the whole state to be honest!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 10:36:01 »

We went to Florida a couple of years ago for a wedding and hired a mustang convertible for the week. (cliche I know) Regardless of the fact you can't really drive particularly fast in the states I'd recommend it, purely for how cheap car hire is over there compared to rip of Britain/Ireland where I reckon it was cheaper for us to hire the mustang than it was to hire a polo/fiesta in this country!
« Last Edit: Friday, March 26, 2021, 10:45:17 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 10:41:11 »

if I win the lottery and retire I'd love to drive across the USA off the beaten track a bit and see some smaller places on the way to bigger ones.

I'll give you a call when the numbers come in Dean Smiley
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 16:32:19 »

Most of the two trips we did were right up north, but we did a few things on the west coast.

I would recommend a trip to Arran - they've got a distillery and a brewery, and Arran is like Scotland in miniture -rolling hills in the south, craggy peaks in the north.  Further north is Oban - obvious whisky town.  If you have time the Fort William to Mallaig train is great (it goes over the bridge in Harry Potter I understand).  Just outside Inverness is the Culloden Battlefield site, which is pretty cool.

Can't help much with the Cairngorns as I've not been, but hopefully that's of some use.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 17:55:30 »

I'd probably give the North aspect of the Panhandle a miss, but a trip along the Gulf Cost line from their down to Miami would be good - some lovely beaches and small Cities on the Gulf side.  Miami is good fun, especially Miami Beach.  I've not been to the Keys, but my wife and daughter did a road trip including them and said they were lovely as well.  You could probably research breweries and do a road trip just for them!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, March 27, 2021, 19:37:17 »

I'd probably give the North aspect of the Panhandle a miss, but a trip along the Gulf Cost line from their down to Miami would be good - some lovely beaches and small Cities on the Gulf side.  Miami is good fun, especially Miami Beach.  I've not been to the Keys, but my wife and daughter did a road trip including them and said they were lovely as well.  You could probably research breweries and do a road trip just for them!

I've got family in Fort Myers (hour north of Naples) and by a fun coincidence my future in laws own a house there also so we go there quite often! So we'll most likely head to Orlando then go down that way via Tampa. Gonna spend a few days in the Keys too as I've never been before.

Well this is all dependent on being let in of course...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: