Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 84759 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:10:24 »

I've got accommodation in Tenerife booked at the end of July that was carried over from last year

I'm not convinced we'll be able to go. I hope I'm very wrong
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:12:56 »

A well measured post. Very well done.

Not really, the post of an owl's vagina.

On a point of order, owls have no such thing. Birds have a cloaca, which is one exciting mega-hole that does all ins and outs.

On the topic, I'm not going to try and go abroad this year but understand the desire to do so. Moving house so will at least get a significant change of scenery. UK holidays probably advisable for the summer at least though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:16:22 »

On a point of order, owls have no such thing. Birds have a cloaca, which is one exciting mega-hole that does all ins and outs.

On the topic, I'm not going to try and go abroad this year but understand the desire to do so. Moving house so will at least get a significant change of scenery. UK holidays probably advisable for the summer at least though.

I literally picked the most random thing I could, and have ended up picking something that doesn't exist! Woe is me. Had I chosen to go with 'Owl's Cloaca' that might have ended up being less insult and more badge of honour by the sounds of it!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:19:23 »

We sunk a whole load of money into wedding & honeymoon in the US last year which all got rescheduled to this year so fingers crossed it all goes ahead or else I stand to lose a shit load of money. A lot of the stuff we booked are not so hot on the refunds despite the ongoing situation. Bit difficult with the other half being a teacher, means the only time we can do anything really substantial is August. She's all jabbed up and I'm hopeful I can get mine before the summer.

We fully intend to go if we can though, especially if we're both jabbed. Honestly couldn't give a monkeys how much of a knobend it makes me! Thankfully Florida is vaccinating all adults over 18 from next week so looks like it could be a goer.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:22:06 »

Very good luck with that, mate.

Love Florida.
Panda Paws

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:24:21 »

Very good luck with that, mate.

Love Florida.

Same. St Pete's is my favorite spot. Amazing beer town.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:27:49 »

There is going to be a roadmap released around the 6th April. I

It won't be a bloody road map, it will be a schedule!

(sorry bug bear of mine, same with sodding staycation!)

Oh and we are off to Northumberland for a fortnight in the summer as per usual, also got a long weekend booked in Manchester for the Christmas markets (with a no fuss cancellation up to the day before!).

Also trying to get a few weekend tips with mates organised, generally just trying to get a few things into the diary to look forward to.
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:30:19 by horlock07 » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:30:37 »

Would love to get away for a family holiday but unsure who easy travel will be, so don’t want to book anything.
Was supposed to be going to Turkey last April with Jet2holidays but obviously it got cancelled and had a full refund very quickly.

If a family holiday is unlikely I will probably escape somewhere in the UK for a weekend where at least three people will be murdered and the hotel will become a crime scene, which is always good fun.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:31:32 »

Decided to make a trip to the Scottish Highlands, having been to Scotland quite a few times but never the Highlands. Haven't looked into much yet, does anyone have any recommendations?

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:32:16 »

Decided to make a trip to the Scottish Highlands, having been to Scotland quite a few times but never the Highlands. Haven't looked into much yet, does anyone have any recommendations?

Take waterproofs.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:35:23 »

Take waterproofs.

and insect repellent!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #26 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:35:36 »

Take waterproofs.
And suncream! in equal measure! don't like the weather....wait a minute....

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:56:06 »

We had a trip booked (and cancelled) to Scotland in October last year (yes, I know crap time but we just wanted to get away).

We were going to go to Fort William (Glencoe etc etc - stunning place), then drive over to Skye - an amazing drive up to Skye.

From there get a ferry to Lewis.  From Lewis (Stornaway), ferry over to Ullapool and then drive to Inverness.  From there we were gonna head home via Edinburgh as I have never been there.

We had a mix of Premier Inn type places and local hotels booked - all around £60 per night for the two of us.  Ferry was about £120 for all the crossings (that was car + passengers).

You might wanna break up the journey staying somehwere Oop North - I stayed in Preston on my way up (for old times sake, I went to College there and hadn't been back in 30 years), and Carlisle on way back (total shit hole but OK for visiting Hadrians Wall).  York might be an option.

I did half this trip, up to Fort William/Skye, on my own last January before we had heard of COVID cos I just needed to get away on my own for a bit - was fucking amazing, hence me and Mrs Chunkyhair planning to go in October.

Basically - once north of Loch Lomond/on West coast you aint gonna go wrong

*Edit - and other posts are correct.  If you are going between January and December take insect repellent, waterproofs and suncream  Grin
« Last Edit: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 15:04:54 by Chunkyhair » Logged

No one kills a thread like me....
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 15:12:29 »

Week in Cornwall end of may for my 50th Birthday.  Let's face it the huge joint rave I was going to have with my eldest for her 18th is probably not going to happen so a week eating pasties, ice cream and fudge will have to do.

Never knowingly overstated.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 15:18:04 »

3 UK holidays for us. I've no desire to go abroad this year at all. Planning to go to Ibiza May 2022 when this shit's calmed down hopefully.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: