Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 84801 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 12:40:12 »

Thinking about booking a summer break but not sure what the current thinking is regarding holidays this summer. Happy to go back to Spain or take a lodge break in the UK. Anyone looked into it yet?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 12:44:33 »

I've started to think about it today funnily enough. We'll probably try and get to Turkey in September and I've started to look into going for a weekend/week in the Peak District as that's really easy for us to get to now we've moved to Northants.

My wife really wants to get to Ireland to see her family and we also want to get across to Luxembourg to visit her sister and some of my friends so this year its mainly going to be driven by seeing loved ones I reckon. We also have a garden now so I'm quite looking forward to dabbling into it with my green fingers and settling down to enjoy the sun with a cold drink.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 13:04:32 »

I am increasingly thinking that Summer Holidays abroad aren't gonna happen this year.

I am due to go to Greece in July, a rebooking from last years cancelled holiday.  2 weeks ago I was 60/40 it was gonna happen.  Now I am 70/30 it's not.

One piece of obvious advice I would give is be careful who you book with if you do go ahead.  I have had three holidays (and probably soon to be 4) cancelled due to COVID, all were booked with Jet2 and they have been outsatanding in terms of custoer service/prompt refunds etc etc

No one kills a thread like me....
Panda Paws

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 13:09:24 »

UK only this summer - a week in Southwold.  Just can't deal with another cancelled holiday or visiting a half-normal foreign destination.

Then a risk-free booking for a second attempt at NYC and Cancun over New Year.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 13:18:20 »

Sharing a cottage with friends in Rock, Cornwall.  Eat, drink, dog walk, swim, relax etc.

Would recommend booking a UK break soonest as likely to be popular.

Bit too cautious to go abroad this year.  

Would probably suggest Kefalonia on the basis that if quarantined could always stay with Audrey.  Wink
Maidenhead Red

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 13:23:20 »

Haven't booked anything yet, but the wife is keen to get something sorted. We've been to Madeira a few times in recent years and it's always nice around September time. Might look into that

Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Green83
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 13:31:18 »

For me a UK Holiday is the only option for 2021..

Anyone going abroad is to put it bluntly a complete knobend.....
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 13:35:16 »

Looking to get away to Devon or Cornwall at the end of May but availability looks scarce. Won't be going away over the summer because #3 is due. We had a big family holiday cancelled in February which we'll trying and re-book for October.

I've seen some cracking deals for Turkey for May 2022 so might get that booked up.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 13:40:00 »

Have Mexico booked for September, which is basically a rebooking of my holiday from last year, but not expecting it to go ahead.  Once we have more clarity we might look at moving the booking again to very early 2022 Jan/Feb.

One thing i do know is that I am in serious need of a holiday having not really stopped working completely since Oct 2019

Will probably look at booking a short UK break for Sept ahould the inevitable happen

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 13:44:31 »

Why would someone going abroad be a complete knobend? That's a slight overreaction Cowley. Surely if they have taken every step to protect themselves and are likely visiting a country with less cases than the UK then why is that being a knobend?

Could quite easily go with the masses to Cornwall or Skegness and be mixing with a load of folk, virally shedding on each other (yum).

Surely the "knobend" comes from a person who goes about not giving a fuck. You know, like Laurance Fox. Now he is a complete knobend but someone staying in an apartment in Turkey, Spain or Greece (and so on) just chilling out, minding their own business... to me is not Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 13:45:34 »

Have Mexico booked for September, which is basically a rebooking of my holiday from last year, but not expecting it to go ahead.  Once we have more clarity we might look at moving the booking again to very early 2022 Jan/Feb.

One thing i do know is that I am in serious need of a holiday having not really stopped working completely since Oct 2019

Will probably look at booking a short UK break for Sept ahould the inevitable happen

I hope you get a break Berni. Everyone needs some respite  for sure.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 13:52:16 »

I am increasingly thinking that Summer Holidays abroad aren't gonna happen this year.

I am due to go to Greece in July, a rebooking from last years cancelled holiday.  2 weeks ago I was 60/40 it was gonna happen.  Now I am 70/30 it's not.

One piece of obvious advice I would give is be careful who you book with if you do go ahead.  I have had three holidays (and probably soon to be 4) cancelled due to COVID, all were booked with Jet2 and they have been outsatanding in terms of custoer service/prompt refunds etc etc
Greece is opening up for tourists next month. It does seem a bit rushed as cases - on the mainland - are rising. We’ve been pretty clear throughout the pandemic here although still hamstrung with all the lockdown/curfew measures.

After reading the UK was vaccinating at 27 jabs per second the other day, here we managed 17 in total for the day!
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 13:54:23 »

I won't be chilling out abroad this year even if it is legally possible to do so. 

Nothing to see here
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 13:56:13 »

A well measured post. Very well done.

Not really, the post of an owl's vagina.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 14:00:29 »

I am taking a big amount of holiday enquiries abroad now. It looks likely that we will be operating a traffic light system from June onwards.

There is going to be a roadmap released around the 6th April. I think there will be a lot of red countries on it from a May 17th  but these will start to go into the green and amber allowing us to travel from june onwards based on vaccines and testing.

Also looking likely that we will see a travel corridor with the USA from July. Happy to try and answer any questions regarding travel for you
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: