Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 86985 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #630 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 09:20:44 »

Trying to decide on a UK summer break, considering a centreparcs, possibly Sherwood. Anyone done one? How much are the activities? Is there an alternative that's similar? Ta
Got the grandson coming over from Greece this month and I’ve booked 4 nights at Centre Parcs at Longleat. Prebooked a couple of activities - all the add ons are quite pricey.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #631 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 09:47:13 »

John Barnes was at Centre parcs when I went as a kid. He ran past me one day and also his locker was next to mine at the pool. That's kind of my shit claim to fame.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #632 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 09:52:26 »

My parents used to live next door to Martin Ling……nice guy.

So, give no fucks
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #633 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 09:56:53 »

Keith Scott did a shit on my friends hamster. (allegedly)

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #634 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 10:09:16 »

I sat next to Arthur Mullard on the tube once
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #635 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 10:10:47 »

Got the grandson coming over from Greece this month and I’ve booked 4 nights at Centre Parcs at Longleat. Prebooked a couple of activities - all the add ons are quite pricey.

It’s a standing joke. If you want to know when the kids are on holiday check the centre parcs price list. We were lucky in that the wife of our friends worked in house keeping at longleat and we free loaded on the back of her discounts for day passes and and a long weekend at Elveden Forest with them. Very pricy. You must be a rich a Tory bastard then 🤣

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #636 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 10:12:42 »

Just the bastard bit.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #637 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 10:22:10 »

I did something totally out of my comfort zone.

Booked a two night break to Albania. First time solo travel. Fuck. Flights and accommodation under £80.

That's the way to do it! Let us know what it's like, I can't do stuff like that any more but I still like to know. I'd guess Tirana is a bit of a weird shit hole, with horrible communist architecture apart from in the old part of town. The people you meet will make the trip anyway. While that can seem a bit daunting, going on your own really helps in that respect. Have fun.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #638 on: Sunday, February 4, 2024, 11:25:51 »

Just the bastard bit.

Welcome to my world. Have a great time.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #639 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 21:30:12 »

Cruises. We are virgins in that respect and TBH, i‘ve conceded to the current Mrs. LL as we’re going back to SA early next year again, probably for the last time.

Back to cruises. Although as mentioned I’ve agreed, there are conditions. Not Mediterranean, likely Caribbean, maybe further afield. I just don’t want to be on a floating cesspit with five thousand Wayne and Waynetta’s and their chavvy little shits.

No apologies my money, I spend it where I want.

Likely to be 18 months away I accept that but planning is everything when you’re spending circa £6k

Suggestions would be helpful.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #640 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 21:35:10 »

I did the Caribbean donkeys years ago - 1 week Barbados, 1 week cruising. Wish I spent the 2 weeks in Barbados. I detested the cruise bit- getting dressed for dinner and all that shite. It’s all probably less formal now but it’s not for me.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #641 on: Friday, March 1, 2024, 21:43:10 »

I did the Caribbean donkeys years ago - 1 week Barbados, 1 week cruising. Wish I spent the 2 weeks in Barbados. I detested the cruise bit- getting dressed for dinner and all that shite. It’s all probably less formal now but it’s not for me.

Barbados is fucking lush, 100% agree. One of the more expensive islands nowadays. As for dress code, yes, things are apparently a lot different, though I suspect you can get from relaxed and informal to formal if you want.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #642 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 11:46:20 »

I did a 1-week Caribbean cruise with P&O in February 2023 and only the first night had a dress code of tuxedos/suits. Barbados was probably the best stop. It was my first cruise and I wouldn't do one again; I'm 38 and 95% of the other guests were over 60). It was a 3* room in a floating 5* hotel. I did enjoy the variety of restaurants onboard, and exploring (briefly) all the islands we stopped at. I booked excursions via P&O for almost every stop and they were really good - kayaking mangroves, climbing a mountain, snorkelling with turtles.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #643 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 11:58:55 »

Cruises. We are virgins in that respect and TBH, i‘ve conceded to the current Mrs. LL as we’re going back to SA early next year again, probably for the last time.

Back to cruises. Although as mentioned I’ve agreed, there are conditions. Not Mediterranean, likely Caribbean, maybe further afield. I just don’t want to be on a floating cesspit with five thousand Wayne and Waynetta’s and their chavvy little shits.

No apologies my money, I spend it where I want.

Likely to be 18 months away I accept that but planning is everything when you’re spending circa £6k

Suggestions would be helpful.
You may struggle on the smaller ships but think you would likely be able to get a Celebrity cruise depending on the time of travel. If it's something you are keen on i would always look to get it booked early, of course prices sometimes go down but you find that is usually on the larger ships where as the smaller ones fill up
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #644 on: Saturday, March 2, 2024, 12:08:55 »

I go on a cruise every year or so.  A suite is a must .
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 [43] 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: