Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Holidays are Coming - Sponsored by 4D  (Read 86447 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 09:29:00 »

Not really a holiday as such as the trip is more for Mrs Bob to see her parents who have been suffering from health problems in lockdown but we are driving to Achill Island in County Mayo tomorrow for our first trip to the Republic of Ireland since last year. Ireland is a little behind England and still has table service in pubs but I am really looking forward to a pint of creamy guinness or 8 for the next 2 weeks. It's a bank holiday in Ireland on Monday so i've taken the Friday and Monday off of work and then working remotely at the in-laws.

Finally it looks like we are returning to something approaching reality!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 09:42:28 »

hehe

Tenerife a week today

next UK traffic light update: a week today

place your bets

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #122 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:10:32 »

hehe

Tenerife a week today

next UK traffic light update: a week today

place your bets

I am confident
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:13:27 »

Not really a holiday as such as the trip is more for Mrs Bob to see her parents who have been suffering from health problems in lockdown but we are driving to Achill Island in County Mayo tomorrow for our first trip to the Republic of Ireland since last year. Ireland is a little behind England and still has table service in pubs but I am really looking forward to a pint of creamy guinness or 8 for the next 2 weeks. It's a bank holiday in Ireland on Monday so i've taken the Friday and Monday off of work and then working remotely at the in-laws.

Finally it looks like we are returning to something approaching reality!

Small world. My father in law also lives in Mayo. Get on the Ballinrobe races if you can. Super day out!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:15:50 »

Small world. My father in law also lives in Mayo. Get on the Ballinrobe races if you can. Super day out!

Small world indeed. Funnily enough last year when we visited we had to quarantine for 14 days and we managed to find a little air bnb place in Ballinrobe. I loved the peace and tranquility of it. Needless to say there was no racing on at that time. The Irish do love their racing though!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:16:33 »

Batch, a week in Crawley will be fine  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 11:11:04 »

Quote from: 4D
Batch, a week in Crawley will be fine  Smiley

haha

we'll be there when the announcement is made, nothing we can do

the canaries have low beta variant prevelance

they shouldn't go on amber+. but the UK government make it up as they go along
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 11:47:34 »

Fingers crossed for you Batch, I’m supposed to be going there in September so will be watching on with interest!
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #128 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 12:43:20 »

Fingers crossed for you Batch, I’m supposed to be going there in September so will be watching on with interest!

Any official Chang prediction?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Friday, August 6, 2021, 10:04:51 »

currently at the pancake cafe at gulf del Sur in Tenerife in my t-shirt and shorts. lucky locals.

thought I'd give my experiences of traveling abroad in the new world

anyway the most stressful bit of traveling so far  was waiting for the PCR test results my sons needed before flying. it's all a bit just in time. arrived 4:30 (24 hours after) the day before our 8am flight. we used a pod up at windmill hill that courrier tests to the lab.not risking RM (no offense legget)

printed out all our docs. NHS vaccine pdf/PCR test results and Spanish health forms as a backup

Bristol airport at 5:30 Thursday was very quiet . 10 mins max to get through security

Spanish side was even quicker. took much longer to get the hire car keys!

our flight was super quiet, quietest for a while apparently. about 40 people on it! maybe people rescheduled to see where the red list status changes were going.

taking of which, the government is 'urging' people to take a PCR test (rather than lat flow) before flying back. but it's around 50 EUR more and as far as I can tell non mandatory. what are they on?

last doc check was at hotel check-in. they also took out temperature at the door.

worth it? so far, you bet.

to do
  - latv flow test 2 days before return. seem to be readily available/easy
  - day 2 PCR test when home. needed to book this before travel as you need the ref codes for.. got this from Randox via post
  - UK passenger locator form, 48 hours before travel (presume need lat flow test result somewhere)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Friday, August 6, 2021, 10:16:44 »

Too much hassle for me, i 'll stay at home and watch the Town !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 09:13:01 »

Planning a big kids day out at Alton Towers next Friday. Just looking at the prices and fasttrack for the big 6 is £50 per person which seems very pricy. I'm thinking that given Covid restrictions, crowds are likely to be less than normal so imagine these fasttrack tickets are probably not necessary.

Long shot, but has anyone been recently and able to advise crowds etc?

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 09:18:33 »

Too much hassle for me, i 'll stay at home and watch the Town !!.

Agreed.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 09:18:43 »

Was reported on the radio up here that Hotels are seeing a raft of cancellations as people deciding to go abroad last minute as things ease instead!
china red

« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, August 11, 2021, 09:52:24 »

Just spent a few days in York, with a day out in whitby, a lot quieter than I was expecting it to be tbh
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: