Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Happy Birthday Patrick Troughton  (Read 1592 times)
flammableBen

Ignore
« on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:50:07 »

If he hadn't died in 1987 of a heart attack (allegedly after shagging a young fan at a convention the night before), then Patrick Troughton , second and best Doctor,  would probably be dead anyway as he'd be 101 years old today!

To celebrate this amazing day, what's your favorite Doctor Who story, classic or modern?

flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:58:41 »

Fun Troughton facts. His son David and grandson William currently play father and son (Tony and Tom Archer) in the Archers!

Grandson Harry Melling was Harry's spoilt cousin in the harry potter films, before losing loads of weight and more recently being in that really good Queen's Gambit on Netflix.

Wow!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 12:00:17 »

Fun Troughton facts. His son David and grandson William currently play father and son (Tony and Tom Archer) in the Archers!

Grandson Harry Melling was Harry's spoilt cousin in the harry potter films, before losing loads of weight and more recently being in that really good Queen's Gambit on Netflix.

Wow!

All those relatives and you missed former Warwickshire and England cricketer grandson Jim...

Good family connections there.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 12:06:22 »

All those relatives and you missed former Warwickshire and England cricketer grandson Jim...

Good family connections there.

I was going to get to him on my next post. Also actors Sam Troughton (Chernobyl) and Michael Troughton (also a teacher and wrote his fathers biography)

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 15:15:16 »

I liked him in The Omen. Good film that with his demise filmed in the park behind Fulham's ground I think.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 15:20:58 »

Yep, All Saints.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 16:14:50 »

Yep, All Saints.

I always liked Mel Blatt!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 18:38:58 »

My eldest, aged 12, is a massive Doctor Who fan.  Particularly in to the Troughton & Pertwee era, with an impressive DVD collection to prove it.  Pre-COVID, we used to visit the annual Doctor Who convention at the National Space Centre in Leicester.  Highlight was getting his photo taken with Sylvester McCoy in a mocked up Tardis.  He was beaming for days afterwards.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 19:26:04 »

My eldest, aged 12, is a massive Doctor Who fan.  Particularly in to the Troughton & Pertwee era, with an impressive DVD collection to prove it.  Pre-COVID, we used to visit the annual Doctor Who convention at the National Space Centre in Leicester.  Highlight was getting his photo taken with Sylvester McCoy in a mocked up Tardis.  He was beaming for days afterwards.

The Space Centre do some good stuff.  I met Chewbacca last year.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 26, 2021, 17:12:04 »

The web planet
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: