Payne - 26 (37.7%)
Twine - 0 (0%)
J Grant - 0 (0%)
Pitman - 0 (0%)
Garrick - 7 (10.1%)
Total Voters: 63

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol R vs STFC MoM  (Read 6762 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 21:17:53 »

It would be satisfying if MoM votes provided an effective ranking of how our squad is rated, but lots of factors skew that. The bottom of the TEF MoM table is full of cameo players, unremarkable or underwhelming performers, though the more games played, the more it says about their influence. So from the bottom up, the following players have averaged less than one MoM vote per game:

Parsons     0.00 from 2 apps
Omotoye   0.17 from 6 apps
Stevens     0.38 from 16 apps
Hunt         0.47 from 19 apps
Baudry      0.69 from 16 apps
T Smith     0.88 from 17 apps

I'd say only Tyler can feel hard done by from that. For comparison, Curran is on 3.89 votes per game (piss-takers and Mrs Curran, I'm looking at you now), and Kovar on 2.79.

That makes me sad about Hunt - such a quality and consistent player last season (maybe the most consistent), and in my opinion the one player that has been a significant casualty of Wellens leaving when/how he did.  Not that he isn't capable of playing for any other manager bar Wellens, however the stark difference in management style between Wellens and Sheridan I think has affected Hunt more than any other player in the squad.  It maybe just down to his own personality, but I just find it a massive shame that the player we saw last year has shrunk into the player we have seen this in the few opportunities he has got.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 21:37:16 »

That would surely depend on how faultlessly they were sitting.

Cheap and easy shot that pal  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 21:40:43 »

That makes me sad about Hunt - ...

Quiet agree. Whilst he isn't my first choice FB he certainly has enough to be on the bench. I guess the supposed continual inclusion of Curran makes this even more frustrating. Different position but he still gets in ahead of the Faux Pro.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 21:50:17 »

Tyler smith should be the one most frustrated, scored some good goals and can't come on in front of zero goals Omotye. Hope has also had a very good season
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #49 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 10:08:31 »

That makes me sad about Hunt - such a quality and consistent player last season (maybe the most consistent), and in my opinion the one player that has been a significant casualty of Wellens leaving when/how he did.  Not that he isn't capable of playing for any other manager bar Wellens, however the stark difference in management style between Wellens and Sheridan I think has affected Hunt more than any other player in the squad.  It maybe just down to his own personality, but I just find it a massive shame that the player we saw last year has shrunk into the player we have seen this in the few opportunities he has got.

Looking like the step up to League One is doing him in. Still pretty young for a defender so not saying he won't ever make it, but the only season he spent in League One before now was with Oldham and they were relegated.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 10:14:18 »

Am I imagining it, but wasn't it hinted in various of the podcast interviews that Hunt is a fairly introverted quiet character, perhaps he just doesn't respond to being told to fuck off every 5 minutes, especially bad for a full back as you are going to get it close quarters for at least half  game.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 10:17:22 »

It’s worth remembering that hunt didn’t start the season in particularly great form either under wellens

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #52 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 10:22:28 »

I've said it before, and I'm saying it again.

I don't think any player should be judged under this manager.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 10:27:11 »

I've said it before, and I'm saying it again.

I don't think any player should be judged under this manager.

Even Curran?  Wink
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 10:33:02 »

Hunt has had a very very disjointed season.

it's hard to judge him in the bit part role imo

last season he was excellent, I question whether the jump from l2->l1 is that big
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #55 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 10:36:56 »

Hunt has had a very very disjointed season.

it's hard to judge him in the bit part role imo

last season he was excellent, I question whether the jump from l2->l1 is that big
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 10:38:23 »

Am I imagining it, but wasn't it hinted in various of the podcast interviews that Hunt is a fairly introverted quiet character, perhaps he just doesn't respond to being told to fuck off every 5 minutes, especially bad for a full back as you are going to get it close quarters for at least half  game.

He is.  Anyone that went to the LSPOD live session where he appeared could see this, he is definitly introvert which is why i mentioned his personality.  I can imagine that with that type of personality it is difficult in a football environment and with an old school manager that is not one known to put his arm around players.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 10:39:14 »

This.

Seconded

normy

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:07:39 »

Voted for Palmer as he gave a very solid accurate display throughout the match. I never used to rate him very highly, but he seems a bit like a kingpin in midfield now, a very improved player who has solved a problem position when Grant is not avilable.

ust be the oldest
Flashheart

« Reply #59 on: Thursday, March 25, 2021, 11:24:48 »

Even Curran?  Wink

I think it's evident that he'd be Championship quality at least under a different manager Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: