Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I’ve absolutely no idea what Team will turn up! ‘Wovers’ v the mighty STFC  (Read 27265 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 09:59:04 »

Acctington was fucking terrible.
Indeed, but so were they and we should not have lost that game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:14:56 »

Quote from: Flashheart
It's a funny old game.

I had Iandolo down as more of a winger than a left-back because he wasn't good enough defensively, and now he's doing OK as a CB.

yeah, me too.

I've ordered in some humble pies.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #452 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:20:35 »

Who’d have ever thought the way to stop our defence leaking goals was to literally drop all of our centre backs at the same time...
And play a left winger and midfielder there alongside a rookie defender who arrived as a right back and who had never started a game in the league before this season.

Fair play to Ian Dolo I never for 1 minute thought he would be good enough in any position TBH, its taken him 6 years to find his niche.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #453 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:21:22 »

And play a left winger and midfielder there alongside a rookie defender who arrived as a right back and who had never started a game in the league before this season.

Iandolo is not a left winger. He says himself he's a LB. Five managers in a row have played him LB. He's a LB.

Or maybe a LCB.

But he's NOT A WINGER.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #454 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:23:25 »

He is a winger even if he doesn't think he is, he struggled to defend until 2 games ago, he looked lost at LB and LWB he can dribble and cross a ball, winger. IMO.

Panda Paws

« Reply #455 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:27:03 »

He is a winger even if he doesn't think he is, he struggled to defend until 2 games ago, he looked lost at LB and LWB he can dribble and cross a ball, winger.

Amazing.

So the player himself and 5 experienced professional managers think he's a LB but they're all wrong, because you think he can "dribble".

Luckily it's futile, but unnecessarily annoys me.
Flashheart

« Reply #456 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:27:35 »

Iandolo is not a left winger. He says himself he's a LB. Five managers in a row have played him LB. He's a LB.

Or maybe a LCB.

But he's NOT A WINGER.

Iandolo and others can say that till they're blue in the face but it won't convince me.

Just about every game I've seen him play at LB he's been poor defensively but decent when attacking. Definitely more wingerish than LBish to me. But now he seems more CBish than wingerish.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #457 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:28:06 »

Iandolo and others can say that till they're blue in the face but it won't convince me.

Just about every game I've seen him play at LB he's been poor defensively but decent when attacking. Definitely more wingerish than LBish to me. But now he seems more CBish than wingerish.
This 100%.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:28:57 »

So actually quite good defensively then?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #459 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:29:47 »

Amazing.

So the player himself and 5 experienced professional managers think he's a LB but they're all wrong, because you think he can "dribble".

Luckily it's futile, but unnecessarily annoys me.

Jeez take a fucking chill pill, I annoy you for having a different opinion to you? OK then.

Turns out he actually can defend yes.

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:30:00 »

TBF, attacking as a full back is not the same as attacking as a winger. You’re moving from a completely different part of the pitch, against a less defensive opposition player and not getting to the final third as often

A good attacking full back does not a left winger make

Things get better but they never get good
Panda Paws

« Reply #461 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:30:34 »

Then he's a LB you don't rate. That's fine.

What define's a player's position, if it's not a) where they want to play b) where everyone else paid to know about football thinks they should play and c) where they do play.

I guess the answer is d) what people on the internet say, despite all the above.
Flashheart

« Reply #462 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:33:55 »

Not in a LB position, no. But as a CB, yes.

I don't get it, but that's how it appears to me.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:35:55 »

Quote from: Panda Paws

What define's a player's position, if it's not a) where they want to play b) where everyone else paid to know about football thinks they should play and c) where they do play.

I guess the answer is d) what people on the internet say, despite all the above.

so he's a centre back then
Flashheart

« Reply #464 on: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 10:36:08 »

Or E: Where they perform best?

Which, for Iandolo, has not been at LB.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: