Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I’ve absolutely no idea what Team will turn up! ‘Wovers’ v the mighty STFC  (Read 28053 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:11:24 »

Fuck me sideways - what a turnaround we're seeing. Trying not to get ahead of myself but 2 clean sheets and 2 wins on the bounce after 5 straight losses? Can't expect anything better than that!

The difference in the defence since Camp arrived, Conroy and Broadbent got shipped out. Is Lee Camp the difference or the fact 2 centre backs couldn't defend for toffee?

After tonight's performance, no one can say Sheridan has lost the dressing room. The lads have worked their socks off tonight!

Starting to make me think about come end of the season, who do we want to keep and who do we want to wish bon voyage?

Sheridan still needs to go mate. Not progressive enough. Maybe he's worthy of the "firefighter" role but he's no long term appointment or shouldn't be.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:13:05 »

in all these years i still cant upload an image but i did a freeze frame on the rovers "goal" which was a definite. went through a rovers player who was onside. a few metres away from a rovers player who was offside but no where near the shot path. purely saying this for the rovers fans who will be stalking the site with tears down their faces.

fantastic win. under pressure just after half time but the last half hour we were extremely comfortable. 2 clean sheets are huge.

the back 3 were superb. Iandolo is playing really well- i was thinking mom for me then he gave me a scare with a terrible header. By know means safe but we really really had to win this to give us a chance. keep beating our 6 pointer rivals and we will get there!

one more trivial thing- why does thompson do long throws which never end up going long  Hmmm
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:16:06 »

Sheridan still needs to go mate. Not progressive enough. Maybe he's worthy of the "firefighter" role but he's no long term appointment or shouldn't be.

Totally agree with you, Sheridan is not for the long term but at least there is a glimmer of hope that we can't stay up to start again over the summer! Just hope Sheridan doesn't overperform to be rewarded with a new year or two contract!

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:17:05 »

ah here we go!

* salty.jpg (85.58 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 276 times.)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:17:15 »

Sheridan:
- Clean sheet most pleasing
- Good team performance
- Plenty of good football when we played
- Bit of good luck with disallowed goal
- Camp didnt have too much to do
- Sheridan would have been disappointed if he'd been Rovers manager about the disallowed goal
- Good solid performance
- Clean sheets are about the players knowing what to do, what your team mates are good at
- A Grant looks totally different at the back
- You dont have to score 2-3 if you dont concede goals
- Stay in the game and score the first goal and you have a chance of winning
- Know t he importance of the next few games
- First 15 mins of 2nd half was disappointing. We didnt work hard to get the ball in deeper areas and create
- Last 25 mins we were better.
(Note: Wouldn't answer leading question from Hawes asking if things changed when Garrick came on)
- Quality strike from Payne
- Palmer and Payne were excellent
- When you win games you can be more positive. There were some good performances to keep the ball out the back of the net
- Wish we had a game at the weekend. We've played a lot of games, but it gives an opportunity to train and rest
- Told players to be chuffed with themselves and be ready for the next 9 games and keep winning and climb the table
- They are good players. They should know what they are doing. Last 2 games they have shown that
- Systems are systems. We have not conceded and scored first.
- Couple times we looked edgy, but people were sprinting after we scored the goal
- Lyden has hamstring problem.
- Missilou will be back for Blackpool game
- Need to keep feet on the ground. Blackpool will be tough. Burton is important as they are in and around us.
- Need to stay focussed
- After Gillingham: We were conceding goals like we had for the rest of the season. Poor, poor , avoidable goals. A common thing through the season. Last 2 games we have been stronger and more competitive keeping ball out of back of the net
- We had luck tonight which we haven't much this year

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:17:24 »

Totally agree with you, Sheridan is not for the long term but at least there is a glimmer of hope that we can't stay up to start again over the summer! Just hope Sheridan doesn't overperform to be rewarded with a new year or two contract!
I expect he will be here for as long as Power is if he keeps us up
adje

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:19:44 »

Cheers NMH. Blimey, Sheridan has summed it up perfectly

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:20:16 »

ah here we go!

No. 9 "interfered" with play. The ball went in the bottom left. He's in an offside position at that stage of play.

Them Gashead pricks need to get over it and quick. Not many games left.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:21:58 by bamboonoclue » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:23:36 »

for one it's a shame or next match isn't Saturday.

still, 2 games over Easter, perhaps it's for the best
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:25:52 »

Absolutely awful game! Terrible spectacle of a first half. Second started badly until Garrick came on and we had a few mins of dominance before scoring.

Camp 7
Superb handling from crosses. Looked very sound and secure. Beaten by one shot, which went right in the corner. Down too slow? Not sure, but he made a couple of crucial saves after. Gave everyone confidence.

Thompson 7
Poor first half with abysmal crossing but grew into the game in the second. Defended well and all of a sudden, offered a threat after we scored.

Iandolo 7
Great saving header capped a very good first half (apart from one hesitation that gave their striker a clear chance that he fluffed). Generally solid in the second half but a couple of dodgy moments.

A Grant 7
Couple of strange decisions and got caught out a couple of times. But, led the back line well. On another day he would have been punished.

Odimayo 7
A bit scrappy at times, but mostly very good. Absolutely crucial slide tackle in the area in the last 5 mins will be what I remember.

Caddis 7
Tried really hard and linked with Odimayo well in the first half. More defensive in the second. Beaten at the far post and lucky we didn’t concede from one cross.

Palmer 6
Quietly broke up play. Didn’t offer so much attacking.

Payne 8
Ran his socks off and defended brilliantly. We missed his creative spark, until he surged onto the free kick from Twine and blasted the ball left footed into a massive empty net.

Twine 5
Poor game today. Didn’t really get going in the first half. Was trying to walk the ball along the edge of the area to get a free kick or two in the second. Free kicks weren’t what we have seen

Pitman 6
Played battering ram again with no support. Had one half chance but nothing else.

J Grant 4
Poor first half. Did little in the second.

Sub:
Garrick 7
What a difference on the right. Unlucky not to score when cut inside, shot and defender headed it over. Caused lots of problems when he came on. Enabled us to actually attack!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:25:58 »

No. 9 "interfered" with play. The ball went in the bottom left. He's in an offside position at that stage of play.

Them Gashead pricks need to get over it and quick. Not many games left.

sorry, not a chance he's interfering. it went through the circled players legs. maybe the picture doesn't do it justice as you cant see the goal in shot. im obviously delighted that it was ruled out-havent had much our way this season
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:27:45 »

Win our game against Burton and it drags them back into it surprisingly

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:28:26 »

Great keeping though  Wink

Most impressive contribution from him is his vocal organisation.
Absolutely spot on as we are such a quiet team.
Took everything out of the air but quality from the defence tonight keeping a high line.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:30:40 »

Anthony Grant's concussion must've been really bad... he hasn't mentioned it once. But stated his ankle had kept him out...

Very telling  Clap

'Incessant Nonsense'

Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 21:31:44 »

Great to have A Grant come out to talk to BBC Wilts, if he's fit and in good spirits for the run in we stand a great chance of rescuing this season.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: