Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I don’t care who we’re playing 2-0 to them. Fleetwood v ‘The Doomed’  (Read 27391 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 15:43:24 »

Completely this. No problem in giving Sheridan full credit for yesterday, that wasn't just a "play shit and fluke a win" as we saw in the 7 pts out of 9 run, that was a decent side playing well. And I very much hope we see more of the same on Tuesday and will be more than happy to give Sheridan credit for that then if we do. Ad infinitum

But that doesn't change my view that he's largely, not entirely but largely, responsible for the predicament we are in and I shall be very pleased when his tenure here comes to an end.

Spot on, apart from shared credit between Sheridan and Players - all the rest very well put.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 15:51:47 »

Spot on, apart from shared credit between Sheridan and Players - all the rest very well put.
Sorry, yes that's a very good point. The players were excellent yesterday, and that shouldn't be overlooked, would have been easy for them to hide behind the wide disdain for Sheridan but they're clearly still in it and fighting. Which is very encouraging for our late push to the play-offs Smiley
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 17:15:28 »

Credit where it's due.  Sheridan got something right this week. It does make me chuckle how fickle football fans can be (myself included) if Sheridan proves to be the lower leagues equivalent of Sam Alladyce and keeps us up, then history may look kindly on Powers appointment prowess after all. If we don't lose on Tuesday,  I will start to believe. COYR

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 17:52:30 »

Understand our “club representatives” turned up in a Rolls Royce SUV yesterday.
Was informed that they were all Cockney wide boys and vocal (that was the term used, not mine).
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 20:06:36 »

That's pretty much how the rock up most weeks isn't it? (In my mind anyway)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 20:10:33 »

Power along with his chauffeur and minder in the back😀

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 20:27:32 »

Power along with his chauffeur and minder in the back😀

The official at Fleetwood thought the Krays had arrived 😂
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 20:36:43 »

The official at Fleetwood thought the Krays had arrived 😂

Surprised they were allowed in😀

So, give no fucks
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 20:41:11 »

Football club owners turning up in luxury vehicle shocker.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 22:24:30 »

Shezza's comment after Twine's second?  Cheesy

Hunk

« Reply #445 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 22:47:28 »

Shezza's comment after Twine's second?  Cheesy

‘Fucking have ya, come on’? Can’t hear it clearly, is that what he says?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 23:31:43 »

I think so.

He's basically the Manchester Mike Bassett, isn't he?  Cheesy

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 00:39:25 »

Completely this. No problem in giving Sheridan full credit for yesterday, that wasn't just a "play shit and fluke a win" as we saw in the 7 pts out of 9 run, that was a decent side playing well. And I very much hope we see more of the same on Tuesday and will be more than happy to give Sheridan credit for that then if we do. Ad infinitum

Interesting how people see things. I personally thought we were woeful against Northampton and lucky against Crewe (they should have been out of sight). Lincoln was a good performance and we probably deserved to win. They were 7 good points in 3 games, but I wouldn’t say we were a decent side playing well, we were quite fortuitous to pick up 2 wins and a draw IMO
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 09:09:33 »

Interesting how people see things. I personally thought we were woeful against Northampton and lucky against Crewe (they should have been out of sight). Lincoln was a good performance and we probably deserved to win. They were 7 good points in 3 games, but I wouldn’t say we were a decent side playing well, we were quite fortuitous to pick up 2 wins and a draw IMO
Take your point that the Lincoln performance was better than the others. But, I think what Paul was getting at, is that the weekend's performance against Fleetwood, was far superior that what we have seen before, and was more like what we were used to seeing last year with Wellens team.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Monday, March 22, 2021, 09:20:18 »

Take your point that the Lincoln performance was better than the others. But, I think what Paul was getting at, is that the weekend's performance against Fleetwood, was far superior that what we have seen before, and was more like what we were used to seeing last year with Wellens team.

Ah I must have misinterpreted, I thought he was saying that Northampton and Crewe were good performances, which they definitely weren’t.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: