Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I don’t care who we’re playing 2-0 to them. Fleetwood v ‘The Doomed’  (Read 27741 times)
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 22:18:16 »

Enjoying he LSpod with a bottle of wine or 3
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 22:23:23 »

Not all mate. Had one can after the match. Not really a massive drinker at the best of times. Do miss a social one or two though Smiley

Same here mate just a social every now and again

So, give no fucks
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 22:25:54 »

We can all be insitefuks even when sober
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 22:38:53 »

Just invented that word "insitefuks". Shit insightful. Like a hot take but less hot.

Can't wait to see if my tweet gets read out.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 10:49:45 »

For some reason,by  design or accident, we pressed high up the field from the beginning, disrupting moves from Fleetwood. It reminded me of early season when we did this, and  when I asked Noel Hunt at the time if this was the policy for the team, he said it was. (This was at an STFC old guys Zoom meeting I attended).

ust be the oldest
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #410 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 10:58:45 »

For some reason,by  design or accident, we pressed high up the field from the beginning, disrupting moves from Fleetwood. It reminded me of early season when we did this, and  when I asked Noel Hunt at the time if this was the policy for the team, he said it was. (This was at an STFC old guys Zoom meeting I attended).
We did press them a lot higher up the pitch as we used to under Wellens, and it did indeed work, we overloaded the midfield too pressing Ian Dolo and Grant into ball playing centre back roles which both did very well, Odimayo also managed to bring the ball forward a lot too.

It was a flexible formation, by design or not, I would like to credit Shez with it but until it happens in consecutive games I can't.

Every one of the defenders defended as a unit but also had the ball skills to create things without the sole outlet being a hoof to Pitman, which we did but nowhere near as often.

It wasn't bad to watch and was certainly more like a Wellens team than a Sheridactyl team for sure.

Now lets see if we can get out first back to back win of the season on Tuesday.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 11:25:12 »

If the manager takes the flack for the (many) failures it appears that he should receive some praise for the (few) successes.

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman

« Reply #412 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 11:33:35 »

If the manager takes the flack for the (many) failures it appears that he should receive some praise for the (few) successes.
If or when the success formula is repeated and proved not to be a totally lucky fluke then he will get praise, as it stands it was a welcomed if slightly fortuitous result, if we play a similar way and with a similar outcome on Tuesday then he will gain my praise. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 11:38:19 »

If or when the success formula is repeated and proved not to be a totally lucky fluke then he will get praise, as it stands it was a welcomed if slightly fortuitous result, if we play a similar way and with a similar outcome on Tuesday then he will gain my praise. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

I suppose the point is that the result arose after a number of deliberate changes. I am willing to accept there may have been some method to the madness.

Nothing to see here
Peter Venkman

« Reply #414 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 11:48:18 »

I suppose the point is that the result arose after a number of deliberate changes. I am willing to accept there may have been some method to the madness.
That does depend if the deliberate changes were for the improvement of the formation or benefit of the team rather than enforced on him for discipline issues or injury problems.

If it was because he thought that style, team and formation would win the game or that he was forced into that style, team and formation because it was all that was left.....then thats a different matter.

As I stated previously, if that team stays pretty much the same, and the style pretty much stays the same and the result is the same on Tuesday then maybe he will win some doubting fans over - to a point, myself included, but based upon his recent history he will have a hard job on his hands to achieve that.

JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 11:54:22 »

That does depend if the deliberate changes were for the improvement of the formation or benefit of the team rather than enforced on him for discipline issues or injury problems.

If it was because he thought that style, team and formation would win the game or that he was forced into that style, team and formation because it was all that was left.....then thats a different matter.

As I stated previously, if that team stays pretty much the same, and the style pretty much stays the same and the result is the same on Tuesday then maybe he will win some doubting fans over - to a point, myself included, but based upon his recent history he will have a hard job on his hands to achieve that.

Let's see what happens. I am sure that those in the know will offer some insights in the meantime.

Nothing to see here
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 12:00:46 »

Any manager is judged over a decent number of games. In Sheridactyl’s case that is 16 losses in 27 games, which is atrocious. We played well and won at Ipswich and that changed nothing.

If, by some fluke, he keeps us up I still want him gone.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #417 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 12:04:14 »

Any manager is judged over a decent number of games. In Sheridactyl’s case that is 16 losses in 27 games, which is atrocious. We played well and won at Ipswich and that changed nothing.

If, by some fluke, he keeps us up I still want him gone.
100% this, we played well at Ipswich, we played well at Lincoln, we played well at Fleetwood, we played ok vs Northampton otherwise it has been utterly dire.

If he could keep us up I will be pleased but no way would I want him still at our club come the start of next season.

REDBUCK

« Reply #418 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 12:08:16 »

You'd expect some at least but if you can't see through the hatred for all things Sheridan then even a win gets classed as lucky selection or the other team playing poorly. Any acknowledgment of an improvement will always be given grudgingly when that happens. 

Still, whatever it was, a bang on the head or visions in the night lets hope it's repeated on Tuesday.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Sunday, March 21, 2021, 12:29:59 »

100% this, we played well at Ipswich, we played well at Lincoln, we played well at Fleetwood, we played ok vs Northampton otherwise it has been utterly dire.

If he could keep us up I will be pleased but no way would I want him still at our club come the start of next season.

Do you think the games we played are like an off day?  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: