Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I don’t care who we’re playing 2-0 to them. Fleetwood v ‘The Doomed’  (Read 27688 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 17:28:08 »

Quote from: Red Frog
Not sure what this means. 7 out of what 9 points?

I think he means that when we got 7/9 points recently they were gritty performances, but today's win had more quality about it
No, we took 7 points from the previous 9 games.

ha 😛
adje

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 17:28:59 »

Not sure what this means. 7 out of what 9 points?

I think he means that when we got 7/9 points recently they were gritty performances, but today's win had more quality about it

Aah, cheers. Yeah makes sense

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 17:31:26 »

Sorry mate, trying to type quickly....

'When we went on the run that enabled us to earn 7 points from the last 9 games, the performances weren't great. They were all gritty performances and based on grinding out a result. Today was a totally different performance. There was a lot of quality shown. We showed a lot of composure on the ball and passed and linked well.' (Bottom line: This was a really good performance that shows that we can play well and don't have to play awful hoofball and hope for a wonderstrike from a free kick)  
No worries. Not criticising,as an out of towner I really appreciate your summaries

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 17:36:06 »

I respect your decision and certainly wouldn't call anyone a c**t whatever they decide
Respect your views too.  We all do what we think is right. Absolutely no moral or other lectures intended.

Great result today.  And some added "football" for the ifollow viewers.  A perfect day.
Flashheart

« Reply #394 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 17:37:34 »

I respect your decision and certainly wouldn't call anyone a c**t whatever they decide

I would.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 17:42:43 »

Camp 7
-   Confident handling and most importantly he organised the defence. Could see him pointing and hear him shouting. He looked the part, but wasn’t really tested.

Thompson 5.5
-   Helped Iandolo defending. I hate the fact that he has only one foot and a couple of times ran into trouble so he could try to pass with his left (and lost it)

Ianodolo 7
-   Lack of pace but positioning good and looked solid on the left side of a back 3.

Grant 8.5
-   When he playes well he looks enormous! Today, to me, he was a mobile giant! Thought that’s his best game this season.

Odimayo 7
-   Solidly unspectacular. Didn’t put a foot wrong

Caddis 6
-   Defended well and linked going forward. Normal shithousing was good too! Noticed him helping out Odimayo too.

Palmer 6.5
-   Did his job well today.

Missoulou 5
-   Did ‘OK’ at times, but was a bit of a passenger in midfield. Maybe his roll was ‘just’ to defend. In doing so, at least he wasn’t too deep today. Wasn’t surprised to see him substituted.

Payne 8
-   Couldn’t concentrate too well watching the first half, but I did notice he was running all over the shop. He played a bit further forward and was able to link with Twine and Pitman to enable us to have an attacking 3. Move from right after Lyden was injured and kept the midfield solid.

Twine 8
-   Lots of energy and got involved in a lot more open play today, not just winning freekicks. Ironically, his free kicks were poor today, but he took his two chances really well.

Pitman 7
-   Lots of people moaning about him. But, I thought he led the line pretty well and linked well with Twine and Payne at times. You could see at times he got frustrated when the other two left him a lone towards the end of the game. He also defended pretty well from the front and during set pieces.

Subs:
Lyden 5
-   Didn’t have time to get into the game before breaking down again

Garrick 5
-   Held the ball up in the corner, before giving away a goal kick. Dont remember him doing anything else.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 17:44:52 »

Bet Sheridan 's on that coach now with a smile from ear to ear !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 17:45:41 »

Are we following adver rating rules? Always remember that they used to be between 4-9
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 17:49:23 »

I would.

Noted, thanks.  It is apparent we are not ad idem.

Nothing to see here
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 17:52:15 »

That was a good performance - like everyone else I was surprised by the line up, and baffled by the contrast in performance with the two home games last week.
Had pictures and stadium sound only on iFollow for some reason  - so the full Sheridan swearing experience - usual abundance of bad language, but occasional calm moments when only a seagull’s screech was audible.
Fleetwood were poor but we played a lot better than recently. I think their style helped us (imagine today’s  centre backs against Gillingham’s giants last week for example) and we didn’t have long high balls to defend, which have been problematic in recent games. However you have to play what’s in front of you, and the  defence did well generally, as did Camp, aided by a bit of luck when they hit the post and it rebounded to Camp.
Twine took his goals well.
Not sure I agree with those praising the referee -  I thought their no 23 should have seen red for his studs first challenge first half.
Unbelievably we can still stay up if we have a few more games like that.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 17:57:02 »

for the 2nd time this season i couldn't bring myself to paying and watching. even more so with the lineup. I turned the radio on after 15 and couldn't believe it and was tempted even then to but the match but a lead from us isnt exactly the easiest thing to hold.

To go to fleetwood, on their form, on our form and win 2-0. Incredible. Well done to all, including the gaffa. Its what football is all about. Could we win the next match and make it 2 on the bounce for the 1st time this season!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 19:03:39 »

I'm off out to buy some beer.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 19:07:07 »

Wine time for Twine time
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 21:00:18 »

Boo's on the Booze😀

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Saturday, March 20, 2021, 21:49:16 »

Boo's on the Booze😀

Not all mate. Had one can after the match. Not really a massive drinker at the best of times. Do miss a social one or two though Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31   Go Up
Print
Jump to: