Poll
Question: Following Clem Morfuni's letter "to clarify his position in relation to the club", do you:
Trust what he says and believe he is the man to turn the club around - 8 (8.7%)
Give him the benefit of the doubt (nothing can be worse than LP) - 50 (54.3%)
Sit on the fence for now and see what happens next - 26 (28.3%)
Feel suspicious of his motives and how he has conducted himself so far - 7 (7.6%)
Think he is on the make and should be avoided at all costs - 1 (1.1%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do you trust Clem Morfuni?  (Read 24634 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:38:46 »

I think he stops in the UK for a few days on his way to other places, and has to do the "dash to the train station just before the final whistle" that is common to many of us.

I guess he would be chauffeur driven back to the train station

So, give no fucks
That Nestor Lorenzo Heade

« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:42:16 »

I guess he would be chauffeur driven back to the train station

Remember that crap home game against Newport in the EFL Trophy, when only the Arkells was in use?  He invited me and a mate into the Chairman's Lounge (nobody else was in there) and he had to leave at 9.15pm to walk to the station to get the train to Paddington.

I reckon we've all used that excuse one time or another  Wink
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:42:55 »

Can’t be worse than power. From what he’s said in the open letter, it looks like he understands the frustrations and knows what he wants to do to get the fans back on board. That’s only going to be a positive step for the club. The lack of openness and transparency in Lee powers tenure has only worsened.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:45:54 »

Remember that crap home game against Newport in the EFL Trophy, when only the Arkells was in use?  He invited me and a mate into the Chairman's Lounge (nobody else was in there) and he had to leave at 9.15pm to walk to the station to get the train to Paddington.

I reckon we've all used that excuse one time or another  Wink

Imagine if he does become the chairman you're sorted Wink

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:47:57 »

Can’t be worse than power.

Oh, but he could be worse. A lot worse. By some distance. There's been other owners in football that have made power look an angel in comparison.

Not that I'm saying Clem is worse, I don't know. But...

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:48:41 »

Imagine if he does become the chairman you're sorted Wink

Yeah me and Jaybox and half the FB group.... might get a bit busy in there.

Joking aside whilst I'd love to know what he's thinking and planning I think he's right to be a bit more circumspect now.  After all I am just a fan.  Literally the last three messages I have from him say "no worries I appreciate it" and that is probably how it should be.

« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:50:39 »

Oh, but he could be worse. A lot worse. By some distance. There's been other owners in football that have made power look an angel in comparison.

Not that I'm saying Clem is worse, I don't know. But...

If you could ask him one question what would it be?
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:54:17 »

Nothing about how he's put himself across fills me with confidence. If he wanted to buy me a drink then I'm sure it would change my mind. Which doesn't fill me with confidence. A confidence spiral if you will.

More Jed or Power than Black or Wray.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:55:22 »

If you could ask him one question what would it be?
What cheese do you like ?.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:56:38 »

What's Bill Power up to?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:56:38 »

I'm fence sitting.

Morfuni belongs to the same chain that started when McCrory took over. That's a red flag (big issue for me)

Morfuni has zero links to the Town and has, despute everything, fallen in love with the club. That, to me, is a red flag (what is in this for you? If I experienced anything close to what he has during his relationship with Swindon then I'd get my money back and run)

Morfuni has a naive tendancy to talk to randoms but not the media. Red flag (another owner who doesn't talk via the right sources)

Morfuni isn't Lee Power. Roll the frickin' dice.

The stuff in his open letter was too good to be true in places. Over-sold it which I appreciate sounds like 'fans will never be happy' rhetoric. I'll be happy once this club is in safe hands.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:58:39 by Costanza » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 19:57:02 »

I know nothing about this bloke so cannot say whether or not I trust him.  

Nothing to see here

« Reply #27 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 20:00:14 »

Morfuni has a naive tendancy to talk to randoms but not the media. Red flag (another owner who doesn't talk via the right sources)

True, but I believe he's in regular contact with the Trust, and his letter was circulated via the media (not the fans).
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 20:11:40 »

Clem has done one thing that we haven’t seen since the days Fitton was around and that’s someone who owns a portion of the club be open and honest with the fans.

Does he have enough money to fund us properly? Hard to really know but the fact he’s been running Axis for 27 years and been involved in orojects like Spurs new ground and various large scale commercial projects doesn’t suggest to me that he’s short of a pound or two.

For me, it comes down to his intentions. In the open letter to the fans, it wasn’t exactly setting out a vision of what he sees the club being. It was pretty much the basics of what I’d expect of any new owner which would suggest to me he doesn’t know.

However, Lee Power doesn’t give us a vision (or at least one that we believe) and has never really covered the basics.

So would I take Clem now rather than wait for someone (potentially) wealthier? I’ll take anyone who is willing to do the right thing by the club and respect it’s history. Clem has stuck around and paid his dues through all the shit Power has brought us so why not give Clem a whirl in the hot seat. He might not have the football knowledge like Power but at least it keeps the wolves away from the door for a while longer and who knows what it may bring us.. For better or worse.. At the very least, it buys us more time until Bitcoin is worth more!

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 20:13:09 »

It doesn't matter whether we trust him or not. Where we are now is that we need a change. Power wants to leave and not put any cash in. We are in trouble on the pitch and off it. We need someone to take us forward.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: