Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Totally lost for a title. Just 3 points to the’Pikeys’  (Read 28932 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:33:31 »

we are not bullies on the TEF, are we?
Technically, I think we are probably cyber-bullies.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:37:46 »

I do wonder if the decision will be made after the rest of the L1 matches are completed? Currently Rochdale are beating Lincoln with 15mins to go and Wimbledon are drawing with Wovvers.

This outcome puts Town equal bottom on GD with Wimbledon. A most evidently valid reason than any, for a Chairman to justify parting company with his manager/accepting his resignation.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:40:36 »

Agreed but has he offered it yet ??, He's only considering it at the moment,  probably another Sheridan wind up. Hopefully not.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Hunk

« Reply #423 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:41:47 »

Agreed but has he offered it yet ??, He's only considering it at the moment,  probably another Sheridan wind up. Hopefully not.

Having listened to his interview and his tone, I don't think it was a wind up. He could change his mind of course. But I very much doubt he was being anything but honest when he was talking
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:45:36 »

Having listened to his interview and his tone, I don't think it was a wind up. He could change his mind of course. But I very much doubt he was being anything but honest when he was talking
Well let's hope he does it sooner than later.   Go do it John, please don't change your mind.

Panda Paws

« Reply #425 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:47:50 »

I don't blame the players at all. Every team in any business is a manifestation of the support, resource and leadership they're given, and these boys are given nothing.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:49:35 »

I’ve not heard the interview, but is it perhaps collective wishful thinking that his consideration will inevitably have the outcome we’re all wanting? What is said in the immediate aftermath of another spineless performance isn’t necessarily going to reflect action taken after time to reflect, and he’s been consistently dogmatic in his self-belief to date.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:54:05 »

I'm imagining the absolute heel turn involved in coming back tomorrow and saying 'I've considered it and still think I'm the right man for this job'. Twitter might melt.

It's clearly the right thing for all parties to move on. I have some sympathy with Sheridan on a basic human level but the simple fact is that he's treated the local press, fans and players terribly and it's hard not to think that what goes around comes around.

I don't expect us to stay up, but an interim Peacock or Hunt or Caddis restoring a bit of order and just generally not being a prick all the time would do me fine. If the results come, fine, but just give the club back a bit of dignity.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:58:34 »

I’ve not heard the interview, but is it perhaps collective wishful thinking that his consideration will inevitably have the outcome we’re all wanting? What is said in the immediate aftermath of another spineless performance isn’t necessarily going to reflect action taken after time to reflect, and he’s been consistently dogmatic in his self-belief to date.

Sounded like he'd already made his mind up to me. His first answer about the game ended with "i need to consider my position now". Very much seemed like it was already on his mind to me.

Maybe even surprised he's still in a job himself.
Hunk

« Reply #429 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 17:02:51 »

I'm imagining the absolute heel turn involved in coming back tomorrow and saying 'I've considered it and still think I'm the right man for this job'. Twitter might melt.

It's clearly the right thing for all parties to move on. I have some sympathy with Sheridan on a basic human level but the simple fact is that he's treated the local press, fans and players terribly and it's hard not to think that what goes around comes around.

I don't expect us to stay up, but an interim Peacock or Hunt or Caddis restoring a bit of order and just generally not being a prick all the time would do me fine. If the results come, fine, but just give the club back a bit of dignity.

I think the basic human level you mention is what Boy About Town was getting at earlier. Sheridan has been garbage, no two ways about it. And he doesn't deserve any immunity from the criticism that he's copped, its 100% deserved. But if he goes I would think and hope we'd wish him well and forget about his time here inasmuch as that's possible. His personal life has been rocked and he should go and concentrate on that.

Also, Lee Peacock is a great shout. At least we'd go down with somebody that actually cares that we've gone down.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 17:03:30 »

Yep, Hawes never pressed, prompted or even offered the question to Sheridan. It was all on his own admission. There wasn't even any nipple twisting from Hawes either, he didn't need to. Sheridan was essentially stood there with jump leads on his nipples and applying the voltage to boot.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 17:06:18 »

I think the basic human level you mention is what Boy About Town was getting at earlier. Sheridan has been garbage, no two ways about it. And he doesn't deserve any immunity from the criticism that he's copped, its 100% deserved. But if he goes I would think and hope we'd wish him well and forget about his time here inasmuch as that's possible. His personal life has been rocked and he should go and concentrate on that.

Also, Lee Peacock is a great shout. At least we'd go down with somebody that actually cares that we've gone down.
I wish him well, now can we have the news we all crave - PLEASE.

Hunk

« Reply #432 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 17:08:26 »

I wish him well, now can we have the news we all crave - PLEASE.

Please Jebus... Upset Bye
Flashheart

« Reply #433 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 17:12:34 »

I can't see how somebody can carry on after having publicly admitted that they've lost hope.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 17:20:39 »

I can't see how somebody can carry on after having publicly admitted that they've lost hope.

We had a manager that said 3 draws was a win once, anything is possible Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: