Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Totally lost for a title. Just 3 points to the’Pikeys’  (Read 29465 times)
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 15:59:41 »

Hawes:
- Sheridan volunteered and wasnt pressed about leaving
- When you feel you have to change 5 in one go, then what else have you got left?
- Possible successor? If there is someone who could galvanise them.
- Most of the bottom teams still to play.
- Lee Peacock is very energetic and infectious. A very positive person. Maybe thats what we need
- No outfield free agents to go and get.
- Need to work with what we have got.
- Pitman very much outspoken in his support of Sheridan
- Sheridan has called out Caddis and Pitman as good professionals
- Naivety: There is something in that. But the defending is consistently not there.
- You can't look at the manager then the LB is going forward and gives the ball away with a poor pass to let them score.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:00:01 »

Brett Pitman and Paul Caddis as joint player managers.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:01:00 »

Well the penny has dropped with El Dino unless he is on some serious level of trolling. If so, give him an Oscar. The tone certainly sounded like it was the epiphany we have been waiting for...

Difficult to answer those questions as a player but interesting comments from PPP. I think he showed the stark difference in media management/engagement. Calm and fairly clear, even if you could hear that it was a tough interview for him.

Back on the manager, I have respect that he's come out and actually faced Hawes as well as answered the burning question. But he threw it all away yet again, by being hypocritical in his assessment. He says he won't blame any players and blames himself but then goes on to say he would always look at himself when he was playing, and that to remember he doesn't cross the white line. It's sly as fuck in that he's essentially saying he doesn't like the way the game is today and actually admitted he's old school.  Those that evolve with change are those that generally succeed. He's admitted he isn't fit for modern management as he can't adapt to modern attitudes and values. It's unfortunate for him but he has to do the honourable thing and go. Despite what Pitman said in his interview, as I believe he played the party line in an almost pristine response to the media, the dressing room must mostly be severely fractured.

How it has taken him this long to come to this decision of self reflection? It's not good. I said ages back I would prefer he stepped away and focused on his off field issues and it was stated with sincerity. Time to say goodbye (extreme trolling proviso pending).

Right, now appoint someone with future proofing in the sense of next season in mind. Use these games to figure out who really gives a shit and wants a contract here. If we stay up, that's an added bonus but the appointment should be someone who will be the manager next season, none of this short sighted bollocks. It's why Town are in the situation they are in by appointing someone who we and they knew were only ever going to be here short term.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:13:39 »

Yes, for not sacking Sheridan.

Yes. Sheridan is doing a job, as long as his employer says he is fine, he’ll keep earning. I am quite fucked off about the fact that we are referring to a human. Some of what I see is pretty embarrassing. We all have self perception, esteem and feelings. The problem isn’t the manager. I am sure he knows that he is doing a shit job. Some of you need to take a look in the mirror. The man has clearly had a 12 months to forget. I also have compassion on a human level. Shame some others don’t.
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:15:47 by Boy About Town » Logged

Now, ain't that just like me?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:15:48 »

I imagine most on here have suffered personal problems of one sort of another.

It doesn’t excuse his behaviour or the shit job he’s done.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:16:32 »

You simply can not defend Sheridan. The same players at the start of the season played well within a style of play and more importantly pattern of play. We should have clocked up a lot more points yes but individual errors lost us those. Style of play did not.

He completely tore up the style from the minute he walked in the door. And subsequently removed players and recruited without significant change. We ground out some points last month but there was certainly no effective formation to it.

He trains this team, he has had long enough to know the players and find a balance that works.

If our full backs get the ball it either goes long and we generally lose possession or he finds the LM/RM who then has no overlap and passes backwards or goes long again to an isolated one man unit up top.

You look at the teams he throws together after all these months and you just can't see any substance.

The season is now almost certainly over unless something changes. A change gives us hope and we need hope instead of trying every week to get a fluke result.

You can forgive players for individual mistakes IF the rest of the match backs it up. We don't dominate teams, we don't control the play, we don't attempt to make triangles of play to progress forwards and on top of that we make individual mistakes.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:17:16 »

I imagine most on here have suffered personal problems of one sort of another.

It doesn’t excuse his behaviour or the shit job he’s done.

It’s been shit. We all know that. But I am sure like me he has a house to keep and bills to pay. The fault is the chairman. He is the wanker that is sending this club under.

Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:18:51 »

You simply can not defend Sheridan. The same players at the start of the season played well within a style of play and more importantly pattern of play. We should have clocked up a lot more points yes but individual errors lost us those. Style of play did not.

He completely tore up the style from the minute he walked in the door. And subsequently removed players and recruited without significant change. We ground out some points last month but there was certainly no effective formation to it.

He trains this team, he has had long enough to know the players and find a balance that works.

If our full backs get the ball it either goes long and we generally lose possession or he finds the LM/RM who then has no overlap and passes backwards or goes long again to an isolated one man unit up top.

You look at the teams he throws together after all these months and you just can't see any substance.

The season is now almost certainly over unless something changes. A change gives us hope and we need hope instead of trying every week to get a fluke result.

You can forgive players for individual mistakes IF the rest of the match backs it up. We don't dominate teams, we don't control the play, we don't attempt to make triangles of play to progress forwards and on top of that we make individual mistakes.

The chairman. That is all. If I mess up at work and lose my teams - I hope my boss tells me and informs me that it isn’t good enough.

singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:22:36 »

The chairman. That is all. If I mess up at work and lose my teams - I hope my boss tells me and informs me that it isn’t good enough.

Its not all. Its chicken and egg. Yes its powers fault for keeping a terrible manager employed. But don't ignore the fact that Sheridan is still a terrible manager.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:24:06 »

Its not all. Its chicken and egg. Yes its powers fault for keeping a terrible manager employed. But don't ignore the fact that Sheridan is still a terrible manager.
It's the chairman, the manager and the players. All have to take their share of the blame.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:26:36 »

Unfortunately until the owner has gone, we are screwed. L2 is a formality. Happy for this to be proved wrong.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:28:02 »

It's the chairman, the manager and the players. All have to take their share of the blame.

I know the players have to do it on the pitch but I think you have to give them a little bit of slack. To have to completely change the way you have been trained to play under Wellens to some kind of direct hot potato stuff that they are clearly unable to is a huge challenge.

Its like being employed to dig holes and then your manager changes and the new manager takes away your shovel and gives you a toothbrush.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:30:52 »

we are not bullies on the TEF, are we?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:30:58 »

Yes. Sheridan is doing a job, as long as his employer says he is fine, he’ll keep earning. I am quite fucked off about the fact that we are referring to a human. Some of what I see is pretty embarrassing. We all have self perception, esteem and feelings. The problem isn’t the manager. I am sure he knows that he is doing a shit job. Some of you need to take a look in the mirror. The man has clearly had a 12 months to forget. I also have compassion on a human level. Shame some others don’t.
I agree with this to a degree. I don't like the fact that there have been posts calling him names - I find that rather childish. I don't like his style of management or his style of play. If he goes, I hope that we get a new manager bounce.

However, I think there is a bit about the players here. I won't shed a tear if the vast majority of them are gone at the end of the year.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 16:31:12 »

Of course it is. But out of the 3- only the removal of 1 could possibly give us a chance of staying in this league.
I couldn't care less if Sheridan is a nice guy, angry guy or his personality, I care about the performances on the pitch every week and will judge him on those. Our owner doesn't chose the set up and tactics of the team and neither do the players.  

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: