Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Totally lost for a title. Just 3 points to the’Pikeys’  (Read 28852 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 09:18:52 »

God this is going to be a terrible game of football isn't it? Both sides setting up to play direct football, one side who have the nous, attributes and players to do it, and they don't play in red.

Another miserable home defeat in the offing. Can't really see anything else. I know I stated before when the remaining fixtures were outlayed that I saw points on offer, but given Oxford came to the CG off a poor run of form and came flying out of the traps whereas we just sat back and feebly surrendered, I suspect that may be the way the rest of the season pans out now. That said, Anthony Grant looked hungry, perhaps getting him back might get some of the other players to perform a bit better, a catalyst I guess.
« Last Edit: Friday, March 12, 2021, 10:37:04 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #31 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 10:16:35 »

Yep BO it is, the away game we dominated but they had the right players for their brand of football and beat us even though we played the far better football on the day.

The same will not be said about the game tomorrow, we will go a goal down early doors and lose despite a heroic fightback by hoofing the ball up to Pitman at every opportunity and then concede in the 2nd half killing the game off.

When you look at the strikers they have in Oliver, Akinde and Samuel they can all play the target man role well at this level and thats how they play.

They are on a fair run and sit currently in 13th place with a last 16 run of  form of WDWDWDLWLWWLDWWL.

Swindon 0-3 Pikeys.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #32 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 10:25:04 »

I'm going for one of those games where we actually play quite well and take the points, albeit with a little bit of luck coming from somewhere.

2-1
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 10:26:27 »

I'm going for one of those games where we actually play quite well and take the points, albeit with a little bit of luck coming from somewhere.

2-1

I'd take that Smiley
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #34 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 10:34:08 »

I'd take that Smiley
I think every fan would, even the die hard Sheridactyl haters. He is here temporarily and there must be a great chance of Power selling the club in L1 than L2.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 12:32:36 »

I think every fan would, even the die hard Sheridactyl haters. He is here temporarily and there must be a great chance of Power selling the club in L1 than L2.
Not necessarily. Cheaper to buy in L2, there may be people waiting to buy at L2 rather than L1 prices.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 12:35:58 »

I loathe this shitty, shabby club right now. Fully expect to lose. Another couple of lame defeats and maybe I'll get to the resigned stage, but thinking about every STFC game at the moment just makes me want to break things.
 Crash

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 12:37:48 »

I loathe this shitty, shabby club right now. Fully expect to lose. Another couple of lame defeats and maybe I'll get to the resigned stage, but thinking about every STFC game at the moment just makes me want to break things.
 Crash

I feel the same way!
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 12:37:53 »

Not necessarily. Cheaper to buy in L2, there may be people waiting to buy at L2 rather than L1 prices.
In addition a league 2 club is probably even more attractive to chancers like Jed as they can just hide behind the wage cap for lack of spending on the club whilst they filter out money into their own pocket.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 12:47:51 »

Not a season ticket holder but I have subscribed to and (worse) watched (nearly) every game on iplayer.

I've been hooked but for my own mental health I'm going to take a breather.

It's not the football or the results that have got to me but the total lack of interest from Power.

My £10 will mean fuck all to anyone but I shall feel a site more gratified donating it to the Trust instead at this point in time.  That's my mini pledge.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 12:49:03 »

hope doubtful (back spasm)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 13:15:53 »

Says he cant fault the effort of the players on tuesday and that if we scored the pen could have won the game.

Then says he’s not thinking about his future and if he does well and keeps us up, the chairman might give him a new deal, footballs a funny game

Fucking deluded
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 13:50:57 »

Says he cant fault the effort of the players on tuesday and that if we scored the pen could have won the game.

Then says he’s not thinking about his future and if he does well and keeps us up, the chairman might give him a new deal, footballs a funny game

Fucking deluded

He's almost literally talking to himself now. Nobody believes or gives a fuck whatever shit he comes out with. It bears no relation to reality. It's just word salad.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 16:15:09 »

Have Gillingham turned up early for the game or is it just a coincidence that there are caravans parked in the Asda Walmart car park ?
harrisonaw

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, March 12, 2021, 16:17:38 »

Another depressing loss 1-3 Sad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: