Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: It’s now or never  (Read 18377 times)

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 10:58:50 »

How many times have we had a saviour in the wings to take the club over?  I don't trust anyone to be honest. We'll be in the shit again eventually. That's what stfc have done since I can remember
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 11:06:58 »

Is there any reason why Clem, as a 15% shareholder in STFC, hasn’t got access to the club’s financial information?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 11:24:11 »

Quote from: Arriba
  I don't trust anyone to be honest.

I think that's healthy given our history.

i think it's time for change though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 11:25:33 »

Is there any reason why Clem, as a 15% shareholder in STFC, hasn’t got access to the club’s financial information?
Power won't give him access.

The question is as minor shareholder and signatory is 'does he have any legal right to access'. Which I think it's what you were asking.

Anyone?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #154 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 11:52:58 »

A shareholder has rights to see annual reports/accounts, they won't have access to other financial information.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 11:56:16 »

Quote from: Simon Pieman
A shareholder has rights to see annual reports/accounts, they won't have access to other financial information.

the full accounts, or the abbreviated ones in the public domain
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:04:16 »

........I was neutral on Power for years but more and more facts emerging just shows the whole way we're run as being shifty....... 

This in a nutshell.

Mr Morfuni talks the talk and on the face of it could be good for the club, but as we have never ever really been able to get solid information on the actual monetary side of things in all the years I have been a supporter, will things change?

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:21:44 »

Power was always secretive and dodgy with finances, but we gave him some latitude because he always backed recruitment in previous years. Now he has no credit left in the bank, his behaviour has left him with no equity with the fans either.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #158 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:30:06 »

Power was always secretive and dodgy with finances, but we gave him some latitude because he always backed recruitment in previous years. Now he has no credit left in the bank, his behaviour has left him with no equity with the fans either.
Pretty much this, it was always better the devil you know, but I no longer feel that way after hearing so many bad things and Power himself saying he cant fund us any longer yet ignores a very acceptable bid, so either Clem is lying or Power is not as broke as he says or even he does not want to sell to Clem.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 12:37:27 »

But STFC is a privately owned company - not a public one. We can only see what accounts Power decides to publish, but Clem is a partner, albeit a minority one, and surely should be granted full access to see the financial position his investment is in.

If not, what has his £1.1m investment actually bought him.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 13:54:40 »

How do you know that?

I don’t obviously. Equally there are ‘publicly’ no other suitors are there? So in the absence of anything tangible my comment stands. Of course if others come to light then it puts everything we know back in the melting pot with more possibilities. Should keep us at our keyboards for a while don’t ya think?
Flashheart

« Reply #161 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 13:56:02 »

So in the absence of anything tangible my comment stands.

It doesn't.

What does stand is that they may or may not be other suitors.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Saturday, March 13, 2021, 13:57:11 »

It doesn't.

‘there’ if you want to be a nit picking tit.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 15:20:24 »

We don't know if there are other suitors.

But if there were to be any, it would be sniffing around in a "fire sale" situation.  For the "nth" time in STFC history.  The only sheikh we would attract now  would be the fake sheikh.

I have no idea but Clem has at least had a medium term interest in the club.  On that basis alone, he is leader of the pack for now.  If the Trust were to back his interest, that would be good enough for me, even if Clem's means seem less than stellar.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 15:22:44 »

It doesn't.

And that's the bottom line, because constable Flash heart says so!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: