Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Can we actually do the double over this lot. STFC v oxford  (Read 34087 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 14:47:44 »

They really have just given up even pretending to be a competently run outfit, its getting evermore like the deranged death throes of Steve Dale.....

I look forward to a long rambling statement from Power regarding Harry and Meghan!
harrisonaw

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 14:48:55 »

How pathetic ffs  Doh
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 14:54:23 »

This ^ A couple of wins from those 6 pointers and things may look very different...
That’s all well and good but in addition to those couple of wins, we need a further four to have a chance of staying up.

It ain’t gonna happen with Sheridan in charge.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 14:57:18 »

Imagine thinking that putting out that statement was the most pressing issue at the club today!
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 15:02:00 »

That’s all well and good but in addition to those couple of wins, we need a further four to have a chance of staying up.

It ain’t gonna happen with Sheridan in charge.

There are 4 from 6 going down by my reckoning and yes one of them is probably going to be us. Was trying to be slightly positive I'm not sure what came over me.  
We are doomed. Doomed I tell thee.   Suicide
Flashheart

« Reply #605 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 15:08:44 »

I am in no way trying to defend that statement from the club.

But I don't trust the adver, either.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 15:10:59 »

Release "Club statement - John Sheridan".

Still time to save the day.
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 15:36:57 »

CLUB STATEMENT!

... Whinging about the Adver. FFS lads.

Quicker than the Queen!!

Maybe should have thought it though for a while and got it checked before digging the deeper hole Hmmm
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 15:38:33 »

I wonder whether both ides will squirm out some sort of misunderstanding statement today or tomorrow, albeit part of me hopes the Advertiser just tell the club to do one!
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 15:41:00 »

Grant didn't look up to the mark, early season.  You could still see the quality (as we can with Caddis, Conroy etc) but it was a long way off what he had contibuted previously and, to an extent, a liability.

It was great to see him back to last season's form on last night's showing.  Simple and accurate passing, tackling and winning free kicks including the penalty.  Can he keep it up?  Will he even be selected again?

And as mentioned in my post, there were plenty of reasons as to why he wasn't hitting the heights of last year - predominantly the shape of the team and personel he had around him.  Add on top of that the injury, additional work he had to do and higher standard and then latterly playing in a team that was void of confidence, and once the new manager was installed, no structure or tactics - his neck must have been sore watching the ball hoofed over his head.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 15:55:28 »

Agree. They're both as tin pot and cringe worthy as each other lately at the very least.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #611 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 16:04:59 »

CLUB STATEMENT!

... Whinging about the Adver. FFS lads.

I bet its not the 'adver' banned its the reporter that is banned....either that or they got him mixed up with Andrew Hawes  Grin
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 16:10:32 »

God we're a pathetic excuse of a club right now, aren't we.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 16:32:49 »

And as mentioned in my post, there were plenty of reasons as to why he wasn't hitting the heights of last year - predominantly the shape of the team and personel he had around him.  Add on top of that the injury, additional work he had to do and higher standard and then latterly playing in a team that was void of confidence, and once the new manager was installed, no structure or tactics - his neck must have been sore watching the ball hoofed over his head.

Grant and Sheridan is/was an accident waiting to happen, we only got Grant as he fell out with the manager at Shrewsbury (and from recollection it wasn't the first time - happy to be corrected), add into the mix a manger with no man management skills and who could fall out with himself.....
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #614 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2021, 16:34:19 »

STFC (Shamefully Tinpot Football Club), led by Hustler in Chief and all-round Taskmaster "The Great Powerwash", approach another precipice of tinpotdom.

With Ronald McWright & Coco Sheridan seemingly being the main source of entertainment at the Circus Berzerkus, it now appears that upon Taylor Cu(rra)nt scoring last night - it has triggered a further contract extension, a bonus of £50k and he must now start every game. Performance related contract stipulation apparently.

The only questions that remain are who will be loading him into the cannon and how many white elephants are on show at the "Bog Tip" (that's the playing surface).

I just want to be able to be able to use the hashtag #GoodSheridance when this fucking prick finally departs.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42   Go Up
Print
Jump to: