Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Premium Bonds  (Read 4637 times)
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:35:44 »

Anyone looking to invest could do worse than flammableIndustries. PM me and I'll give you the bankdetails to send the money over.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:37:47 »

Jimmy Quinn, the equivalent interest rate on Premium Bonds is <1%. Most people with less than £10k in Premium Bonds won't win anything.

If it's money you can't afford to lose, do not invest it. Keep it as cash.

If you need proper help, speak to someone who's qualified and regulated.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:42:49 »

Fucking hell. OP asks about 100% guaranteed cash savings and gets told to put his money in literally one of the most volatile markets in the world.

Volatile yes but the best performing asset class in the last decade.

I'll give you a shout out at the Press Conference when I buy the club hahaha

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:43:20 »

Jimmy Quinn, the equivalent interest rate on Premium Bonds is <1%. Most people with less than £10k in Premium Bonds won't win anything.

If it's money you can't afford to lose, do not invest it. Keep it as cash.

If you need proper help, speak to someone who's qualified and regulated.

Many thanks Sandy

So, give no fucks
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:50:26 »

Maybe  Smiley

Explains the round dodging!

Clems Army!
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:50:50 »

Volatile yes but the best performing asset class in the last decade.

I'll give you a shout out at the Press Conference when I buy the club hahaha

I'm not contesting the performance of Bitcoin. I speculate in it myself. With money I can afford to lose.

But suggesting someone who wants to get a bit of a better return on their savings puts it in Bitcoin is absolutely fucking insane. The 30 day volatility sits at over 5% PER DAY.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:06:24 »

You only lose in Bitcoin if you sell lower than when you bought Tongue

Buy today and hold BTC for 10 years and your ROI on savings will outstrip anything else you hold as an investment asset.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:07:42 »

Buy today and hold BTC for 10 years and your ROI on savings will outstrip anything else you hold as an investment asset.

At some point there will be a blood bath and those ITK will have bailed long before that happens.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:11:21 »

If it was that simple everyone would be in it. You failed to mention Musk/Tesla seemingly dumped his $1.5bn and is now ramping DOGE. It’s volatile and manipulated by big players and a big collapse is as likely as a big return, it’s a bit like AIM on a grander scale that is manipulated by influential individuals!
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:17:39 »

If it was that simple everyone would be in it. You failed to mention Musk/Tesla seemingly dumped his $1.5bn and is now ramping DOGE. It’s volatile and manipulated by big players and a big collapse is as likely as a big return, it’s a bit like AIM on a grander scale that is manipulated by influential individuals!

What makes you think Tesla and Musk has dumped his $1.5billion investment?! 

Yeah, Expect up to an 80% retracement to start happening over 12 months from around September before it starts to mature around $100k and build for the next bull run in 2024-2025.

Musk loves to troll DOGE, it's hilarious.

Why more people aren't involved is a great question but it was estimated the other day that in 2017, 3% of the UK population had investment in Bitcoin... 2021, 30%+ of UK population have investments in Bitcoin.. So are more people involved in Bitcoin and those skeptical about it still are only set to miss out?

Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:23:22 »

Buy today, hold for 10 years and you might have the best returns you could possibly get. Or you could lose the lot.

But how do you know OP won't need the money next week, next month, next year?

Just because it works for you doesn't mean it'll work for someone else. If you've profited, then congratulations. But telling someone who you know nothing about, who asked a question about cash savings, to buy Bitcoin, is reckless.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:25:56 »

Buy today, hold for 10 years and you might have the best returns you could possibly get. Or you could lose the lot.

But how do you know OP won't need the money next week, next month, next year?

Just because it works for you doesn't mean it'll work for someone else. If you've profited, then congratulations. But telling someone who you know nothing about, who asked a question about cash savings, to buy Bitcoin, is reckless.

That's your opinion and I respect it. However, I kindly ask you equally respect mine and we agree to disagree. Smiley

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:26:11 »

What makes you think Tesla and Musk has dumped his $1.5billion investment?! 

Yeah, Expect up to an 80% retracement to start happening over 12 months from around September before it starts to mature around $100k and build for the next bull run in 2024-2025.

Musk loves to troll DOGE, it's hilarious.

Why more people aren't involved is a great question but it was estimated the other day that in 2017, 3% of the UK population had investment in Bitcoin... 2021, 30%+ of UK population have investments in Bitcoin.. So are more people involved in Bitcoin and those skeptical about it still are only set to miss out?
Musk was calling Bitcoin ‘BS’ only a couple of months ago, he’s a proper market manipulator and making himself quick, easy money as he has a following significant enough to influence the market. Using him buying in to advocate Bitcoin is beyond naive!
Trading in and out of Bitcoin and all stocks is how you make money, but it’s a skill and hard work which is why relatively few make real returns.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:30:22 »

Musk was calling Bitcoin ‘BS’ only a couple of months ago, he’s a proper market manipulator and making himself quick, easy money as he has a following significant enough to influence the market. Using him buying in to advocate Bitcoin is beyond naive!
Trading in and out of Bitcoin and all stocks is how you make money, but it’s a skill and hard work which is why relatively few make real returns.

Called it BS, then had a chat with Michael Saylor then invested $1.5billion. Still waiting for an explanation to Musk and Tesla dumping his investment though.

In my opinion, which you can slag off and disregard all you like, Bitcoin is the best store of value asset and the best appreciating asset class in the last decade. Better than any stocks, bonds, silver and gold.

Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 15:37:55 »

That's your opinion and I respect it. However, I kindly ask you equally respect mine and we agree to disagree. Smiley

Difference of opinion, maybe. I'm just highlighting the risks you seem to be conveniently ignoring.

You carry on pumping Bitcoin to whoever you want. Hopefully nobody gets caught with their pants down when the tide goes out.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: