Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rip It Up Ep3 Survey: How Would You Feel If You Had To Change Your Name?  (Read 1782 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 16:24:34 »

Hey, my co-host and I would really love it if you would participate in our public response survey again.

It was great to have some responses previously from members of the TEF and we're really keen to read your opinions on the topics we provide for our fortnightly topical pod called the "Rip It Up" Podcast.

Our first episode launches across several streaming platforms tonight at 8pm and this is my first time at doing anything like this. We have actors, writers, poets, directors, musicians and more lined up in the coming shows and I shall post a link here for your to view if you so wish.

In the meantime, here's the survey which will be included in episode three of our pod and it's all about changing your name.

Cheers,

Bamboo

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/KSN3LGN
« Last Edit: Monday, March 15, 2021, 00:35:12 by bamboonoclue » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 16:42:34 »

As someone with a frankly silly surname I sometimes thought of changing it when younger, but now i've grown up (wibble, tee hee) I'm used to having an unusual name and in someway glad its a bit different.

At school there was a total hippy who one day decided to change her name to Cinnamon Copperwheat. Of course at the time everyone thought she was a total doughnut but nowadays she is probably the coolest cat around. (and almost certainly a vegan lesbian)

Good luck with the podcast Bamboo, hope it goes well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 16:44:19 »

I know somebody who changed his name to Penfold Ooh Orange Pants.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 16:50:11 »

I know somebody who changed his name to Penfold Ooh Orange Pants.

It really sounds so made up, but surely someone couldn't keep up such a pretence for nigh on 13 years!! (sorry I googled it - not that I didn't believe you, I just wanted to see what google returned. Fuck only knows why!)

http://thetownend.com/index.php?action=printpage;topic=28422.0

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #4 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 16:55:51 »

It really sounds so made up, but surely someone couldn't keep up such a pretence for nigh on 13 years!! (sorry I googled it - not that I didn't believe you, I just wanted to see what google returned. Fuck only knows why!)

Aye, a bit of an odd one. I probably didn't believe him myself at first.

One of my uncles knew him from school and his name then was Paul, or something normal like that. He REALLY did not like being called Paul.

Fuck only knows why!

Drugs probably knowing him. Lot's of them.

It's probably how I got to meet him in the first place.

china red

« Reply #5 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 17:28:48 »

I know someone who recently changed his surname after he got online abuse following his father being convicted of grooming a twelve year old girl.

I also have a friend who has the surname Cock.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 18:02:02 »

Is Swindon Town Dave still about?
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 18:17:14 »

Is Swindon Town Dave still about?
He's a regular at supermarine and goes by the name Swindon Dave now.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 18:21:32 »

It's not really what you were asking about, but I was going to change my name to my wife's when we got married because she was attached to hers and I didn't care either way. My family, who are otherwise not sentimental about anything, got really quite upset about it all. So we kept our own names and now have an exciting elephant in the room at family parties (not that those are a thing any more).
Flashheart

« Reply #9 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 18:24:13 »

My misses often still uses her maiden name because using a farang (Westerner) surname can make things more complicated.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 18:33:31 »

We can all play that game Bob. Not hard to narrow down the Cinnamon Copperwheats, so it appears she is predictably vegan, and apparently a musician, though not explicitly lesbian. Unless you know something we don't. Perhaps you were an influence?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Cinnamon+Copperwheat&rlz=1C1GCEA_enNL854IT854&oq=Cinnamon+Copperwheat&aqs=chrome..69i57.1313j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #11 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 18:35:49 »

My misses often still uses her maiden name because using a farang (Westerner) surname can make things more complicated.
Would it not be acceptable to use the literal use of the noun translation from your surname as it appears in Thai?

Just wondered really.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #12 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 18:41:43 »

Would it not be acceptable to use the literal use of the noun translation from your surname as it appears in Thai?

Just wondered really.

Good thinking, but I don't think it would sound right.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #13 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 19:22:10 »

Good thinking, but I don't think it would sound right.
Twas just a thought Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 20:02:21 »

It's not really what you were asking about, but I was going to change my name to my wife's when we got married because she was attached to hers and I didn't care either way. My family, who are otherwise not sentimental about anything, got really quite upset about it all. So we kept our own names and now have an exciting elephant in the room at family parties (not that those are a thing any more).

Just whack a hyphen in there and keep both names. Job done. Smiley
It's probably no longer seen as posh though.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: