Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We can’t win them all. Accrington Stanley v STFC  (Read 26277 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 20:05:38 »

We won the League Cup as as a L1 team in 1969. This is our level. We then got lucky with Ossie and Glenn. Supporting a team is not dependent on results. Why do people on here get annoyed about single seasons/single results? COYYR for life, not just for the good times.

With the right owner & vision theres no reason why we cant emulate Reading.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 20:23:51 »

the right owner needs to be a multi multi millionaire to do that. Took reading quite a time to get it right, infrastructure then team
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 20:28:01 »

They've never looked back since leaving Elm Park

So, give no fucks
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 20:28:23 »

Even Madejski got priced out of Championship football.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 20:30:23 »

I'd setttle to be an established championship club like them😀

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 20:47:15 »

I think I'd take a decade in League Two over that 'Glory of Reading' song.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 20:50:13 »

Quote from: Nemo

🤣🤣🤣
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 10:38:14 »

sigh. slightly OT.

our remaining games (courtesy Alan Wilson, FB):

Home
Oxford United
Gillingham
Ipswich Town
Peterborough United
Portsmouth
Blackpool

Away
Wigan Athletic
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
AFC Wimbledon
Rochdale
Franchise
Fleetwood Town

our home and away form, bottom of the league with 9 points (next worse 13 points)

https://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england3

I'm probably in a minority here, and I'm well aware we aren't very good, but for me that's a nice little run in. We don't face any of the top teams away and of the teams we face at home, Peterborough usually go into bottling mode at this time of the season so i'd be fairly confident we can accrue enough points to stay up.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 10:44:34 »

And the views of the Accrington fans may slightly surprise some Town fans.

I have to say I hold a bit of a soft spot for Accrington Stanley FC and their fans. I know its probably not seen as being a 'true football fan' but they way they go about their job without taking things too seriously is quite refreshing. Hell, even the commentators on Ifollow on Saturday weren't exactly taking it very seriously, reading out tweets, having a bit of a laugh about random stuff etc. Their fans also seem very down to earth, but I guess that's mainly down to having zero expectations as a football club and they must be living a bit of a dream at the moment.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #489 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 10:47:48 »

I am probably the only person who has no idea what THAT song is but it sounds cringeworthy Smiley

Plastic fans, glory hunters, something we are hugely unlikely to suffer from again unless we do somehow gain promotion to the Prem again in the future.

FWIW I hated the Premier League season we had, yes it was great playing teams we had never played in the league before but it was in reality a hateful season being thrashed by better, higher funded better teams all season long and ending in us conceding over 100 league goals. I could again be the only Town fan who does not have a desire to get back up there, but floating between the Championship and L1 seems about right for me.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 10:52:08 »

I'm probably in a minority here, and I'm well aware we aren't very good, but for me that's a nice little run in. We don't face any of the top teams away and of the teams we face at home, Peterborough usually go into bottling mode at this time of the season so i'd be fairly confident we can accrue enough points to stay up.
I can remember feeling like that on several occasions when we have been relegated in the past. The week in week out hope that this week will be our week and kick start a resurgence. Then magically, when we win a game, but other do too - Gosh, how unlucky!

I felt like that, even when Paul Harte was in charge.

The reason we are near the bottom is that we aren't as good as the majority in the division. It might only be a bit, but its enough. We are devoid of ideas on how to win a game. Huff, puff and magic aren't the way to avoid relegation.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 10:54:48 »

but floating between the Championship and L1 seems about right for me.

I was about to say you'd probably need a fair bit of wedge to get yourself established in the Championship after going up from L1 but smaller sides, such as Luton Town have managed it and Rotherham to a lesser extent have had a bit of a go. I'm completely ignoring Wycombe who are way out of their depth but managed correctly there isn't really any reason (in theory) why we shouldn't have some plan to get involved at that level in the pyramid.

Obviously it is going to take big changes at the club from owner to playing level but I've heard rumours of potential investors which would shake things up at STFC (I haven't, I read some stuff on TEF earlier today which may or may not be true Smiley )

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #492 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 11:04:36 »

Obviously it is going to take big changes at the club from owner to playing level but I've heard rumours of potential investors which would shake things up at STFC (I haven't, I read some stuff on TEF earlier today which may or may not be true Smiley )
Its not true Smiley fans are not ITK'ers at all which now appears to be some form of massive insult lately.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 11:07:20 »

Any more news on the alleged punch up!? Or just another two players out with concussion??

Clems Army!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Monday, March 8, 2021, 11:11:12 »

I can remember feeling like that on several occasions when we have been relegated in the past. The week in week out hope that this week will be our week and kick start a resurgence. Then magically, when we win a game, but other do too - Gosh, how unlucky!

I felt like that, even when Paul Harte was in charge.

The reason we are near the bottom is that we aren't as good as the majority in the division. It might only be a bit, but its enough. We are devoid of ideas on how to win a game. Huff, puff and magic aren't the way to avoid relegation.

No that's very true, but there have been fleeting signs recently that we have been showing at least some kind of competency on the pitch. Yes it maybe mainly coming just from Scott Twine direct free kicks but I personally have seen (albeit not massive) signs of improvement. Even in the first half on Saturday I thought at times we played ok. Granted the second half was pathetic, but 20 minute spells are better than the 0 minutes we've had in matches before.

Yes I am clutching straws and i'm still well aware that relegation is a grave possibility but i'm going to remain positive until the R has been allocated to us officially.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: