Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We can’t win them all. Accrington Stanley v STFC  (Read 26279 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 10:58:39 »

Accrington are in a shit run of form, and just got beat by Fleetwood who at the time were in an equally shit run of form

Gotta take our chances against teams on ropey runs - think we might do alright tomorrow

Things get better but they never get good
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 11:28:34 »

we will thrash them 1-1

Done.  Where do I sign?

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 11:42:02 »

Accrington 3-0 Swindon

26% possession for Swindon, same formation, same style, defensive until its too late.

We have only won away at Accrington Stanley (who are day!) once in 5 meetings and that was under PdC when Sir Wes of Foderingham made his debut for us on loan from Palace keeping a clean sheet in a 2-0 win, Wes went on to keep 5 consecutive clean sheets at the start of his career never conceding more than a single goal a game in his first 19 matches! keeping 10 cleans sheets in that run.

Accrington are not on the best run of form having just 1 win in the last 8 games since their 6-1 demolition of our gassy friends down the M4 a run of DLDLDLDL a run that has taken them out of the promotion places to 5 points outside the play offs.

They don't concede many goals with only Oxford (4) Wigan (4) and Hull (3) scoring more than 2 goals against them in any league game with 10 clean sheets in 30 games.

Their 2 leading scorers are Dion Charles on 14 and Colby Bishop on 8. Ironically they were the 2 Crewe scorers in the match at the CG in November with the hapless Fryer scoring the other.

Stanley have utilised the loan system better than we have with 7 loan players at the club including the ex Town trialist Baxter who has been playing extremely well in goal and is up for POTY, he saved a penalty on Tuesday against Ipswich and kept them in the game with some good saves.

I have watched highlights of their last 6 games and you can see the pitch at the WHAM stadium is not a good surface for playing football on and they seem to have adapted to longer passing, the cetnre of their defence seems very prone to making bad mistakes similar to the ones we were making earlier in the season and struggle with any high balls put in the box.

But its down to the Swindon Young Guns to say I'm Your Man and score from A Different Corner and win the Freedom of the Wham stadium and Enjoy What You Do without any sendings off from the Bad Boys as we had Last Christmas leaving Town fans on the Edge Of Heaven with the Swindon physio Alison Willets having Everything She Wants. Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 11:47:16 »

As long as you don’t go 0-1 when Accrington score!

1-0. It’s 1-0!!!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 11:49:31 »

Thought Accrington were one of the best teams we've played at our place. Picked us apart with ease. Hopefully their recent bad run continues but I do feel like another defeat with no goals scored.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 11:56:04 »

Swindon 7-0 Who are they

Brett Pitman with 5 and 2 OGs.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 11:56:10 »

1-0. It’s 1-0!!!
I always put our score first but if we score I will always put the scorer Smiley

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 12:08:35 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

1-0. It’s 1-0!!!

^^^^^^ this, home team first people, home team first
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 12:20:23 »

^^^^^^ this, home team first people, home team first

Absolutely agree, ofcourse it’s home team first. That’s obvious!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 12:23:36 »

shame on you venks, shame

Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 12:27:08 »

shame on you venks, shame

Smiley
Smiley

Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 12:31:35 »

Love how Sheriden and Wright are still Trying to convince the  Fans Anthony Grant is 'injured'

Now apparently is 'wasn't quite' a concussion..

But he's still injured due to a knee to the head 6 weeks later......
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 12:35:38 »

I think we are all a bit suspicious of that one
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 12:40:47 »

A few predicting an away win.
Maybe a subconscious element of we should be beating little Accrington kicking in.
I've been guilty of it in the past and easily done.
Well run club with a very good owner and manager, punching well above their weight and more than holding their own.
And easily one of the better teams to have visited the CG this season.

Did witness the one and only win at their place back in 2011.
Notable for a brief sighting of Lukas Magera and one of the stewards being relieved of his tie.
Also made it up there in Dec 2017 when some contented supping was interrupted by news of the postponement.
The locals were friendly and hospitable.

A point would be very good, but maybe we can somehow bumble our way to victory over little Accrington.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 12:43:36 »

Get stuck in at the off as we played the last 20 minutes at Sunderland  Tuesday night and we'll be Ok.  Point would be acceptable to me, three would be even better, but this is Swindon so I'm not holding my breath !.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: