Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We can’t win them all. Accrington Stanley v STFC  (Read 26534 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 20:44:18 »

Won’t feature again this season.

That must have been some blow to his head😀

So, give no fucks
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 21:32:35 »

Just caught the Loathed Strangers preview. Listening to the Accrington fan talk about Nathan Baxter makes me very, very sad.

Bloody annoying that we've had five goalkeepers around the club to loan or lining up a loan this season and the only one that's been broadly crap played the most games.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 22:21:34 »

I am convinced Kovar was a panic loan after the Man Utd pre season friendly.

Utter shite
Flashheart

« Reply #48 on: Friday, March 5, 2021, 22:34:26 »

Chelsea? dropped the asking fee after we said no and want for Kovar instead. But Wellens still went for Kovar. Accrington picked him up instead. They're not rich, they just got him at the price we could have got him for.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 01:14:28 »

In terms of recent weeks and recent weeks only - Grant was significantly concussed by Iandolo and last weeks TikTok was his return to light training.

My Source: Anthony Grant.

...and what would Anthony Grant know about Anthony Grant?
I think some ITKer in the internet is going to know more about Anthony Grant than Anthony Grant is.

In all seriousness concussions aren’t what they used to be - even 10 years ago. A lot more precautions and protocols to pass these days. Just need to look at how long some players are out in the NFL or date I say ‘wrestlers’ some have even had to retire due to a concussion or multiple concussion.

So if Anthony Grant says he’s out with a concussion, even 6 weeks later I believe it.

I remember when Joe Devera got a massive whack on the head and played on (think we’d used all our subs) think he even headed clear the resulting corner. Anyway I saw him and Jonathan Smith in the gym a day or two after and Devera was showing off his very bruised face and basically said after the initial blow he had no memory till being in the changing rooms after the game...
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 08:21:40 »

...and what would Anthony Grant know about Anthony Grant?
I think some ITKer in the internet is going to know more about Anthony Grant than Anthony Grant is.

In all seriousness concussions aren’t what they used to be - even 10 years ago. A lot more precautions and protocols to pass these days. Just need to look at how long some players are out in the NFL or date I say ‘wrestlers’ some have even had to retire due to a concussion or multiple concussion.

So if Anthony Grant says he’s out with a concussion, even 6 weeks later I believe it.

I remember when Joe Devera got a massive whack on the head and played on (think we’d used all our subs) think he even headed clear the resulting corner. Anyway I saw him and Jonathan Smith in the gym a day or two after and Devera was showing off his very bruised face and basically said after the initial blow he had no memory till being in the changing rooms after the game...
Colin Calderwood didn’t know he’d scored at Cambridge.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 08:37:28 »

For you betting types out there. Any idea why Skybet aren’t offering any odds on our game today?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 08:39:25 »

They are. Swindon are 16/5
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #53 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 09:20:47 »

Colin Calderwood didn’t know he’d scored at Cambridge.
My underlying concussion memory (yes I get the irony Smiley ) is Jon Gittens getting kicked in the head in a Boxing day game away at Reading in 87 when Big Jon played a MotM role despite himself not remembering 75 mins of the match playing with a bandage round his head and severe concussion and still winning everything.

In the Kovar debate I still think he is the worst keeper I have seen at Swindon, and I am convinced Wellens only signed him to keep Man Utd sweet for future loanees. Such a shame that we didn't sign Baxter when we could or this seaosn would have panned out way different and we would be sat mid table at least without the keeping errors of Kovar and Fryer.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 10:59:54 »

They are. Swindon are 16/5
That’s weird. Not showing when I log in.

* B5108EDF-A33C-4911-98E0-811DE10103A6.png (212.45 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 95 times.)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 11:16:03 »

That’s weird. Not showing when I log in.

Running Scared, obviously taken too much money on a Swindon win so suspended betting !!.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 11:55:40 »

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?Tab=Video&MatchID=19820129
Memories of this March Mayhem  from ‘82? Proper 80’s hooliganism. A win over Rovers but we all know how the season finished.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #57 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 13:59:10 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:01:42 »

No Garrick, Palmer

Good to see Iandolo back in the team - and Odimayo, Lyden
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 14:03:54 »

No Thompson either
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 34   Go Up
Print