Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We can’t win them all. Accrington Stanley v STFC  (Read 26522 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 11:02:58 »

It’s almost like a global pandemic came along and decimated the club’s income and playing budget. Oh wait....
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 11:07:05 »

good job the years before covid don't count
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 11:24:28 »

It’s almost like a global pandemic came along and decimated the club’s income and playing budget. Oh wait....

I feel like that excuse only holds for so long. Everyone else has to deal with covid too.

Our horrendously short term approach came back to bite us. Again.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #438 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 12:03:14 »

A global pandemic doesn't dictate the style (?) Of play. That comes from the manager.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 12:23:50 »

I feel like that excuse only holds for so long. Everyone else has to deal with covid too.

I agree. Other teams seem to be coping alright. Imagine if money made by the club and selling players was invested back into the club and not spent on stone island denim shorts and a stable
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 12:27:33 »

sigh. slightly OT.

our remaining games (courtesy Alan Wilson, FB):

Home
Oxford United
Gillingham
Ipswich Town
Peterborough United
Portsmouth
Blackpool

Away
Wigan Athletic
Bristol Rovers
Burton Albion
AFC Wimbledon
Rochdale
Franchise
Fleetwood Town

our home and away form, bottom of the league with 9 points (next worse 13 points)

https://www.soccerstats.com/homeaway.asp?league=england3
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 12:36:34 »

Impossible to tell this season of course, but in the current climate I don't see us winning any of those home games

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 12:38:42 »

it's definitely tricky on paper!

Charlton, Ipswich, Hull, Lincoln... like you say, never can tell
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #443 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 12:39:29 »

This totally.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 12:41:57 »

Hasselbaink 7 wins in 9 since taking over Burton

Useless fucker has 6 wins in 24
Lethbridge70

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 12:46:53 »

Let's not kid ourselves,that unless there is major change at the top and within the management team we could head towards the National League if we go down this season.July 1 we have 6 contracted players and the longest being Currans.Another rebuild beckons and who funds that??
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 12:49:52 »

I still believe Sheridan will take us down, despite the shitness of the teams around us. He’s not good enough to get this bunch of players to win another 5-6 games.

I’d rather see us get relegated with a manager who is already in place to prepare for a season in the basement. I’d even take Tisdale even though his stock has dropped (although we may be too much of a basket case club for someone like him).

Until it’s not, STFC is still Power’s club and he needs to act like he’s in charge. I’ll do my bit by renewing my season ticket; I just hope there’s some kind of direction at the club by the time I get back to the County Ground.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 12:52:20 »

Direction with LP in charge? Never!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 12:54:44 »

Quote from: tans
Hasselbaink 7 wins in 9 since taking over Burton

Useless fucker has 6 wins in 24

they also invested wisely in the market.

we got a loaner from Norwich who replaced someone who didn't leave, an unfit right back who jumped in the same window, a centre back who was unfortunate in injury and a keeper of the week.

that said JFH is getting a tune out those players. Johnny Smith seems to be doing well there as far as I can tell
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 13:33:51 »

Some really interesting comments above.  Even though not uniform, I find myself agreeing with each of them when I am reading them through.

Had we gone in 2-1 up and with Accrington rightly down to 10 men it could have been different.  But these footballing incidents are commonplace enough.  I was baffled by how the second half turned into such a muddle and Accrington were unlucky not to add to their half time lead.

However disappointing the "football", I still see many individuals with differing qualities doing their best.  However frustrated we are as fans, they continue to merit our support in their endeavour to secure our continued status in League 1.

Any adverse criticism for our present situation should nowadays, imo, be solely directed at Power.  Because he has been in sole control of the club for 8 years now.    

He took over a Lg 1 play off competing club, 7th in League 1.  As for quality, the squad included the likes of Sir Wes, McEveley, the Thompson twins,  Yaser, Mass, Mason, Pritchard, Ajose, Byrne, Gladwin, Rossi Branco, N'Guessan etc.  Average crowds were well into the 8ks, the operating deficit was about £1m.  Black had only recently made a generous debt write off (strings still attached?).

Power plays his cards very, very close to his chest.  He doesn't like to share with anyone, even turning down financial assistance from the Trust whilst claiming the club was "on the brink".  We don't know what will be uncovered but will Power hand the club on in a better or worse position than when he took it over?  That is the time to judge but I'm not liking what I've seen so far one bit.  Nevertheless I hope we won't have to wait long.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 13:38:09 by RedRag » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: