Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We can’t win them all. Accrington Stanley v STFC  (Read 27157 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 22:18:30 »

Back to the match though, because sniping benefits no one...

Just watched the highlights AGAIN, and I still have no idea how Twine's effort doesn't go in and the Milk Chugging second should never be allowed to squeeze past both defender and keeper. It was, in the words of a certain Oxford commentator...an absolute calamity.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #421 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 22:25:27 »

Or maybe they (you don't need to be shy, I know you include me in this. Grow a pair my man Wink ) do genuinely know something, whereas Chang knows fuck all?  Hmmm

Damned if you  do...  

I had somebody else in mind.

So, that's at least 4 people who have been involved in the Chang-off.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 23:54:46 »

I had somebody else in mind.

So, that's at least 4 people who have been involved in the Chang-off.

It's ok Smiley And I was genuinely being a sarcy twat Wink With Chang, I know he's on a bit of wind up but it's nice to be able to have some light hearted fun about it. Topbantzinnit!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 00:09:00 »

Don't want to be too forgiving for what happened in the second half, but reckon if we'd gone into half time 1-1, or even 2-1 up if Twine's crossbar effort had gone in... then we are looking at a different second half.

But that's thte problem I guess? Can't build the momentum, even the scrappy holding on shit that Sheridan has succesfully got out of the last 4 games, without something going in our favour.

It's too late to sack him now, so hope that his shit will keep us up, and the previous four games have shown it can work.

Whatever happens this season is a write off. This squad is done this season. We're tired of it, it's all gloom, they must feel the same.

In the 7 (?) months since the start of the season we've gone from deserved optomism to absolute gash. Some of it the fault of Wellens, some of it the fault of Power, some of it the fault of the players, the gutting of a squad that could play football into scrapping out hoofball for survival, losing doughty/smith/dj/etc, the rest struggling to get the basics right. Blame can be everywhere but all of it shit for the fans. I'm sort of happy that we didn't get the Sheridan sacking and the appointment of a young hungry manager in January that we were all hoping for - I think this team has gone to too much this season and I wouldn't want to ruin a young pro's career by taking on such a handicap.

Pray we stay in this division. League 2 is too close to non-league, and it's an abyss we should be scared of looking into because I'm not sure we'd come back. We've been on a steady downward path for 20+ years now, next step is mid-table league 2 with failed play offs and then its one shit season and we're in the conference. Other teams have found it hard to come back. Smaller clubs (Hereford? Halifax? - naming off top of my head) have gone under.

Whoever the owners are next year, we aren't going to be the only club doing it on the cheap, and we might be a more attractive prospect than others. Appoint a young hungry manager in May/June for next year, get the pitch sorted, play football again, have some positivity about the club. If we go down doing that then at least there's something to build on. But this year it's too late, so we have to hope Sheridan's shit show works.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 01:33:21 »

It’s all shit, the club is such a mess. Drastic change is required at every level. Just hope sooner rather than later
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 08:35:48 »

It’s all shit, the club is such a mess. Drastic change is required at every level. Just hope sooner rather than later

This, Top to Bottom it’s done, finished and until these changes are in place it will continue to drain us all.
Made worse by the fact that we sampled a taster last season on what it could be like.

Currently not having one flair player that is capable of changing a game (apart from a dead ball) is increasingly making it tough to watch. The style implemented by Jurassic John now unbearable.

Sick to death of watching the shite week in and week out. The only consolation is that I would be still travelling home and away to watch it this dodging one almighty bullet.
Can’t see us surviving this season but off the field changes longer term will have to be in place before we can have a platform to build from.
What a mess.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 09:08:53 »

Are we actually even close to having any changes at the top though? As to me this seems like it could be the norm for a while yet.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 09:20:51 »

I don’t know why any of us are surprised. It’s been thus ever since I started going 50 odd years ago. No success is ever built upon. We lurch from one shitty owner to the next with seemingly no long term game plan for the club.

No doubt when the next ‘best owner ever’ rocks up in the next few months it’ll last a year until the cracks start showing and some sort of nefarious past enters the public domain.

We’ll continue to go up and down the leagues like a pair of whore’s drawers.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 09:29:27 »

Are we actually even close to having any changes at the top though? As to me this seems like it could be the norm for a while yet.

As someone who is a million miles away from being ITK, I don't foresee any change any time soon.

Nothing to see here
Crackity Jones

« Reply #429 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 09:37:41 »

Last season (and to some extent, the start of this) are polar opposites to where we are now. We have gone from attractive attacking passing football with exciting players that effect a game under an ambitious progressive manager to reliance on two players at opposite ends of their careers in BP and Twine and a journeyman manager completely put of touch with how the game should be played.

I just want this season over and the fuckwits in charge of this club gone. Frankly, I don't give a shit whether we are in league 1 or 2. I just want to see some decent football again. For the first time I feel envious when I watch the likes of Crewe etc. Passing the ball on the deck.  Having to watch Grounds, Conroy, Broadbent or this weeks right back lump the ball forwards to noone in particular week in, week out does my head in. We need change but when and even if that will happen is anyone's guess.
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 09:49:18 »

I would rather see STFC in div 3 even if it means playing football that is less pleasing on the eye.

Nothing to see here
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 09:50:15 »

Crewe are the poster boy club for cyclical football. Good crop of youngsters, get promoted, sell said players, next crop aren’t as good, get relegated and start all over again.

I think we could/should be way better than that. It’s the Watford, Reading and Brentford’s of this world we should be looking to aspire to. Not fucking Crewe.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #432 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 10:02:43 »

Crewe are the poster boy club for cyclical football. Good crop of youngsters, get promoted, sell said players, next crop aren’t as good, get relegated and start all over again.

I think we could/should be way better than that. It’s the Watford, Reading and Brentford’s of this world we should be looking to aspire to. Not fucking Crewe.
Dont get me wrong.  I would love to aspire to the Brentford etc but  in the 50 years I have been watching we have never had any owner with a plan that has stayed the course. Sooner or later a ton of skeletons fall out the cupboard and we start again. My point re Crewe is that you know what you are getting and at least the football is always played in the right way in my eyes.  The shit Sheridan is serving up is right up there with the worst town sides
JBZ

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 10:06:41 »

"Pipe dreams are good, in a way.... Keep the dream alive" - D Brent

Nothing to see here
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, March 7, 2021, 10:54:58 »

Last season (and to some extent, the start of this) are polar opposites to where we are now. We have gone from attractive attacking passing football with exciting players that effect a game under an ambitious progressive manager to reliance on two players at opposite ends of their careers in BP and Twine and a journeyman manager completely put of touch with how the game should be played.

I just want this season over and the fuckwits in charge of this club gone. Frankly, I don't give a shit whether we are in league 1 or 2. I just want to see some decent football again. For the first time I feel envious when I watch the likes of Crewe etc. Passing the ball on the deck.  Having to watch Grounds, Conroy, Broadbent or this weeks right back lump the ball forwards to noone in particular week in, week out does my head in. We need change but when and even if that will happen is anyone's guess.

Agree with this. It suggests that last year wasn’t skill or judgment on the club’s part - just luck. We’re a division higher, playing terrible football, with players that wouldn’t have got close to the side last year. If you run a club, just have a philosophy and a plan. Not just an ambition to build stables and houses.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: