Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: We can’t win them all. Accrington Stanley v STFC  (Read 27129 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 20:17:56 »

I know it is widely believed that loads of people want to buy the club, but why would the manager have been sacked on a Saturday night?

Because Mark Cooper was and we all want this useless piece of shit to be relieved of his duties.
What has become of this club?
Even when we win we are not impressive. Watching these useless bastards not being able to pass a football 10 feet is really taking its toll.
Slowly becoming up there with the worst I have felt supporting us because I know this has not bottomed out yet. Our football is absolutely shite and nobody can tell me any differently.
Flashheart

« Reply #406 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 20:21:51 »

From memory, some managers are told not to speak to the press after the game because they have been given the boot as soon as the game was over.

Which is why I can't help get a little excited every time El Shez doesn't take an interview, only to find later he just bottled it.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 20:22:20 »

I get many want the manager to be dismissed.  I just didn't quite follow why it would happen tonight when there had been a bit of an upturn and it was anticipated that today would result in defeat.

Nothing to see here
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 20:38:57 »

I get many want the manager to be dismissed.  I just didn't quite follow why it would happen tonight when there had been a bit of an upturn and it was anticipated that today would result in defeat.
Maybe because the second half was so poor? Or the fact players were (allegedly) involved in a dust up?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 20:50:14 »

Maybe because the second half was so poor? Or the fact players were (allegedly) involved in a dust up?

That may be right but wasn't it a dust up between the work experience CB and a loanee?  I suspect that handbags between a couple of the main pros might be more of a problem.

Nothing to see here
adje

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 20:51:39 »

If/when we're bottom on Tuesday night, something may happen re a change in manager

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 20:54:30 »

Conversely, another win vs Oxford extends his tenure a few weeks longer.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 20:57:25 »

I think Sheridan is here either until the end of the season or until the mathematical point of no return like when Paul Hart left with two games left.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 21:00:41 »

I think Sheridan is here either until the end of the season or until the mathematical point of no return like when Paul Hart left with two games left.

Sadly he will go only when Power goes draining the last penny he can possibly take with him.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 21:20:48 »

I do find it amusing that our most notorious forum ITKer is calling somebody out as an ITKer that is wrong about something.  The irony is almost too perfect.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 21:21:58 »

It doesn’t matter. The damage Sheridan has caused is irretrievable. Good loan players sent back to their clubs, other god players frozen out. We’re done.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 21:26:22 »

Which is why I can't help get a little excited every time El Shez doesn't take an interview, only to find later he just bottled it.

If you observe, Sheridan is only bottling the "in person" interviews at the CG. All the away ones, where he speaks to Hawes via Zoom/FT/Teams/VideoCall he takes them. It's been like that since AH started asking a few more (rightfully) pressing questions. I think El Shezza feels intimidated by Hawes.

The Jurassic one always comes across incredibly ruffled regardless of what Hawes asks him. I could see Hawes asking him "I hope you had a good day John?" only for Shezza to get all uppity with him; in part it is also proof that Sheridan isn't listening to him.

-----------

As for the subs scuffle, I'm with Rich. It wasn't really something that generally needed to be out there but regardless of whether one is paid YTS boy and the other is on a loan (and not senior pros), it still does point to not being all "together" and rosy. Especially highlights the issues with Curran still getting squad selection.

On the match - it's not a disaster. I had this and Sunderland keyed in as a loss. Town are still "up" after their points gained on Crewe and Lincoln. The key games matter against the rest of the bottom lot. I'm not going to lose my shit if Town lose to Oxford on Tues. I expect it'll be a very dull 0 - 0. Not unlike many "Derbies" that end up very disappointing. It'll be about right for the two teams but I still expect a loss by a goal.

Still conceding two on occasion. As I say none of that will matter. The only ones messign up the algorithm is bloody Northampton. Still, even if it became 5 fro 4. I think we'd top that 5. I still think even if it goes squeaky bum, it'll possibly come down to GD. I don't agree with Rob Hartley that 49 is needed. I reckon 43-45pts will be enough and on GD. Ideally you don't want that but Town might not have much choice. The low points indicator is purely down to so many teams being shit. I extend that to nearly every team in this division. Nun's Chuff all over the table where it matters;

PO's 10pts (Donny 5th) separate 10 sides (Plymouth 14th). Title race 7pts (Donny 5th) separate 5 sides (Hull 1st), Donny have 4 games in hand.

Relegation...Shrews could get sucked in if they don't find a few more wins. They're buckling but even if we disregard them, there is still only 6pts separating 7 sideds (Burton 18th - Rochdale 24th).

As I say, Nun's Chuff everywhere. It's just an incredibly weak division.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Flashheart

« Reply #417 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 21:29:18 »

I do find it amusing that our most notorious forum ITKer is calling somebody out as an ITKer that is wrong about something.  The irony is almost too perfect.

I've noticed this Chang-off has been going on for a few weeks, and there's at least 3 of them involved. It's like a fight amongst the Changs to see who's the Changiest Chang in Changtown.

I think 1 or 2 are just playing up to a persona but it's difficult to tell. They might all be genuinely mocking each other's Chang-ness apparently oblivious of their own Changosity.
TownEnder

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 21:56:58 »

The incident between the subs proves I was right about the feeling towards Curren...

But you won't get anymore from me pal!

Think the feeling towards Curran (Not Curren) is well known without any ITK.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Saturday, March 6, 2021, 22:06:28 »

I think 1 or 2 are just playing up to a persona but it's difficult to tell. They might all be genuinely mocking each other's Chang-ness apparently oblivious of their own Changosity.

Or maybe they (you don't need to be shy, I know you include me in this. Grow a pair my man Wink ) do genuinely know something, whereas Chang knows fuck all?  Hmmm

Damned if you  do... 

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: