Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For Nemo: Nailed on 3 points- let’s keep positive. Sunderland v STFC  (Read 19048 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 12:40:17 »

Like to see a good performance and to give it a go rather than lose without breaking a sweat - depends if Sheridan tells the players they are allowed to cross the halfway line, hopefully we can nick at least a point
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 12:44:34 »

Kovar had a poor game and our defence all over the place and Grounds gave away a soft penalty too.

Sunderland werent that great but I understand they are playing better football now than they were at the time, we had almost the same amount of shots as they had 8 vs 9.

They have in recent games had between 9 and 17 shots in every game with about 50% being on target on average. We will need a backs to the wall performance to get aything up there.

In the 14 games between us and them we have only once ever won up there and had 3 draws, scoring less than 1 per game on average and conceding more than 2 on average.

Our only win coming in 1993 on the way to the Premier League under Hoddle when Zippy got the only goals at Roker Park, they missed 2 penalties in that game and Town rode their luck a bit.

All our draws and single win have come in the last 6 games up there, the last 6 results being DDWLDL.

Prior to that run Swindon lost all 8 games conceding a huge 30 goals in the process including a 6, a 5 and three 4 goal matches.

The Town player’s reaction to Kevin Ball’s penalty miss at the end - charging towards the linesman - is priceless....
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 13:13:01 »

Hoping for a Lincoln performance but I fear a perfect storm combination of a lacklustre Town and opposition that can finish their chances.

Mackems 4-0 Robins

Loved going to Roker Park. The win in the potato print shirt was a belter.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 13:29:11 »

The only time I’ve been to Roker Park was about mid 70s. Boxing Day home go Burnley. 0-0. Dull as fuck.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 16:55:31 »

Have we had a penalty this season?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 17:00:15 »

Just the 2

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 17:16:34 »

I can't see past a defeat. Although an incredibly nervy battling point or 3 would be very, very welcome.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 18:04:40 »

As has been said, another free hit.
Maybe a bit more time & space to play and overall a less frantic affair than if playing against a relegation rival.

The 1-0 win at Roker Park in 93 was fantastic. Forgot that they missed a couple of pens.
Also made it to the Estádio da Luz for a midweek 0-0 in Oct 1997. They missed a penalty in that one as well.  Smiley
Happy days, getting back home at fuck off o'clock in the morning and up early for work.

Also remember getting as far as Leicester when a midweek game at Sunderland was called off.
One coachload of intrepid explorers set off for the delights of Lincoln V Carlisle or was it Mansfield.
Opted for the homeward bound coach.

Was looking forward to an overnighter for this one and making a day of it.

Cheers. Pint

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 18:15:24 »

As has been said, another free hit.
Maybe a bit more time & space to play and overall a less frantic affair than if playing against a relegation rival.

The 1-0 win at Roker Park in 93 was fantastic. Forgot that they missed a couple of pens.
Also made it to the Estádio da Luz for a midweek 0-0 in Oct 1997. They missed a penalty in that one as well.  Smiley
Happy days, getting back home at fuck off o'clock in the morning and up early for work.

Also remember getting as far as Leicester when a midweek game at Sunderland was called off.
One coachload of intrepid explorers set off for the delights of Lincoln V Carlisle or was it Mansfield.
Opted for the homeward bound coach.

Was looking forward to an overnighter for this one and making a day of it.

Cheers. Pint

It was indeed Lincoln v Carlisle. Most of us went in the home end but there was one Town fan who went on the Sincil Bank terrace with the Carlisle fan(s). 1-0 Lincoln, I think.

If memory serves me right, I think Leicester were at home to Cambridge that evening. God knows why we didn’t try to get to that game instead.

BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 20:11:54 »

A sickeningly scrappy and desperate  0 - 1. In off Payne's shin or something calamitous after a charge down.

Would gladly take a point but I think nailed on is following it up with a loss to the Milk Chuggers (that's Accrington Aud  Wink ). They are such an organised side. I personally think in some ways this Mackem challenge tomorrow will be somewhat easier; purely because Town will be expected to roll over and be easily beaten.

Yep fuck it,

North East Black Cats 0 - 1 STFC (Payne 78')
« Last Edit: Wednesday, March 3, 2021, 02:28:54 by bamboonoclue » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 09:52:31 »

Defeat 2-0

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 10:17:13 »

Lyden has travelled with the squad. Still no Odimayo - hamstring. More players should be fit by weekend.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 12:02:49 »

We will lose

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 12:30:14 »

Going to stick my neck out for a bum squeaking draw.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2021, 12:37:52 »

Standard 2-0 defeat.
Hoping for a Sheridactyl masterclass 0-0 mega bore point.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: