Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For Nemo: Nailed on 3 points- let’s keep positive. Sunderland v STFC  (Read 19025 times)
bathford

Ignore
« on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 10:34:18 »

Let’s keep the positive thoughts going. We’re taking on the former Shitty Manager, so that’s another good reason to beat them.

1-2 score line. I don’t know who will score and frankly don’t care.

Confidence must be rising.

Come on Swindon, do it for Nemo!
Flashheart

« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 10:36:26 »

Will take a point.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 10:37:15 »

Hopefully Wollacott is back in the team having travelled up today with the squad.

Sunderland are pretty good and sit in 5th place with 3 wins and a draw in the last 4 league games.

Head says..

Sunderland 3-0 Swindon

Heart says Wollacott to return to the fold and play a blinder and grab a 0-0 draw.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 10:40:24 »

Absolute free hit of a game. No pressure so could be a good opportunity to nick a point
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 10:40:42 »

Building on recent results 1 - 1

Nothing to see here
Panda Paws

« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 10:41:07 »

McGeady and Wyke will have a field day against Matthews. 3-0.

Really important we don't over-react to defeats in the next 3. Tough run coming up. Would take 2-3 points from the next 9 available.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 10:41:19 »

Wait, what did I do this time? I'm not in goal am I?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 10:42:49 »

I’ve called the last 3 results correctly - WDW.

League table says Lincoln are better than Sunderland. We should have beaten Lincoln comfortably so, obviously, this means - absolutely fuck all.

Still fancy a draw, mind. Another 6 pointer tomorrow - Burton v BRovers plus some equally tricky looking fixtures for the other down and outs at the bottom.

Point would be marvellous, dahling!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #8 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 10:46:58 »

League table says Lincoln are better than Sunderland. We should have beaten Lincoln comfortably so, obviously, this means - absolutely fuck all.
Form guide says Lincoln are a fair bit worse than Sunderland though DDWDL vs LWWWD.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 10:48:08 »

I didn't think Sunderland were up to much when we played them at our place, although that was under Wellens. They didn't have many opportunities and the ref had a bit of a stinker. Having said that, I do think we'll lose with probably a brave performance which we seem to be able to bring up in games against the top sides. Who knows though, maybe the last few results will give the squad a bit of belief and we'll steal a point.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 10:57:23 »

Form guide says Lincoln are a fair bit worse than Sunderland though DDWDL vs LWWWD.
Form is transitory - shitness is permanent!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #11 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 11:07:44 »

I didn't think Sunderland were up to much when we played them at our place, although that was under Wellens. They didn't have many opportunities and the ref had a bit of a stinker. Having said that, I do think we'll lose with probably a brave performance which we seem to be able to bring up in games against the top sides. Who knows though, maybe the last few results will give the squad a bit of belief and we'll steal a point.

Kovar had a poor game and our defence all over the place and Grounds gave away a soft penalty too.

Sunderland werent that great but I understand they are playing better football now than they were at the time, we had almost the same amount of shots as they had 8 vs 9.

They have in recent games had between 9 and 17 shots in every game with about 50% being on target on average. We will need a backs to the wall performance to get aything up there.

In the 14 games between us and them we have only once ever won up there and had 3 draws, scoring less than 1 per game on average and conceding more than 2 on average.

Our only win coming in 1993 on the way to the Premier League under Hoddle when Zippy got the only goals at Roker Park, they missed 2 penalties in that game and Town rode their luck a bit.

All our draws and single win have come in the last 6 games up there, the last 6 results being DDWLDL.

Prior to that run Swindon lost all 8 games conceding a huge 30 goals in the process including a 6, a 5 and three 4 goal matches.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 11:07:59 »

Sunderland have lost the least amount of games this season in the league (5), that equates to one loss in every six games. We have the most losses (jointly with Wigan) at 18, that equates to roughly three losses for every five games. They have a goal difference of plus 20, we have minus 19. Although they only managed draws at home to Rovers and Burton, plus a loss to Wigan.

2-1 to us  Smiley

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 11:15:02 »

Gonna lose ain't we, but these are not the games we need to win (albeit it would be nice!)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, March 1, 2021, 11:53:03 »

I'm ok if we lose the next two games as long as we beat the piss stains

So, give no fucks
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: