Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: You might be vaguely optimistic. So here goes - Swindon Town v The Cobblers  (Read 18921 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #390 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 10:03:13 »

Any idea about what Power was chatting to Sheridan about?

Football?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #391 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 10:13:37 »

I appreciate all the effort you put in with the post match Comms and your player ratings after a match. But to say Twine goes down too easily when he promptly gets up to smash it into the top corner, and that Garrick is a very limited player when he’s scored one and has 2 assists since being played in the right position seems harsh.
Twine goes to the deck far too easily for me, yes sometimes it works and he wins a free kick but more often than not the ref can see whats happening and no free kick is given, if he stayed on his feet longer and made an attempt to evade the foul the ref would more likely than not give the free kick he craves.

Garrick is a limited footballer but then so is almost every player in this league, they are either limited footballers with speed and strength (Garrick) or good footballers with limited athletic ability (Pitman). They are in thie league because of that face.

What pleases me most in recent games is that Sheridactyl has finally looked at the players available and started to play to each players strengths and play them in the correct positions for a change, round blocks in round holes rather than round blocks in square holes as he has tried to play previously, shoehorning players to fit an archaic hoofball system from the 1970s which gained no admirers or results.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 10:15:03 »

I’d be miffed too if I saw Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman running...
Miffed?! How could you be miffed with a scene akin to a single wildebeest charging across a plain

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 10:21:08 »

Twine goes to the deck far too easily for me, yes sometimes it works and he wins a free kick but more often than not the ref can see whats happening and no free kick is given, if he stayed on his feet longer and made an attempt to evade the foul the ref would more likely than not give the free kick he craves.

Garrick is a limited footballer but then so is almost every player in this league, they are either limited footballers with speed and strength (Garrick) or good footballers with limited athletic ability (Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman). They are in thie league because of that face.

What pleases me most in recent games is that Sheridactyl has finally looked at the players available and started to play to each players strengths and play them in the correct positions for a change, round blocks in round holes rather than round blocks in square holes as he has tried to play previously, shoehorning players to fit an archaic hoofball system from the 1970s which gained no admirers or results.

I think it's a disease now in modern football JJ as they see the likes of Salah, Mane & Rashford regularly getting penalties plus they are probably encouraged/coached to go down if they can gain an advantage but nobody would admit to it.

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman

« Reply #394 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 10:29:21 »

I fear you are right Jim.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 10:32:06 »

I'm surprised Matthews wasn't made to change his shirt as it was awfully close to being yellow😀

So, give no fucks
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 10:32:57 »

I'm glad Twine is doing it. The amount of free kicks given against us for the same thing this season is very high. About time we levelled the playing field. I'd happily dive our way to survival.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 10:37:30 »

I detest diving

I detest players rolling around clutching their legs in a robust tackle

I detest defecting players running up to the ball to prevent a free kick being taken quickly.

I detest automatic yellows for tackles from behind, even clean ones

etc.

But it's all accepted in the modern game. And if you don't join them you won't beat them
Peter Venkman

« Reply #398 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 10:42:55 »

I have no problem with players diving and conning the ref if they do it cleverly but I am certain if Twine stays on his feet longer and tries to evade the foul then I think he would actually be given the foul, because 90% of the time I think he is genuinely fouled.

Because he looks like he is going to ground too easily the refs hardly ever give them, make an attempt to stay on your feet the ref will give them.

Look at the foul at Lincoln, right on the edge of the box, Twine was literally flattened but because he had gone to ground too easily several times prior to that the ref ignored it totally thinking it was him looking for the foul.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 10:54:19 »

That's the problem if you keep doing then you get a reputation just like Juergen Klinsmann did when he first arrived in the premier league

So, give no fucks
REDBUCK

« Reply #400 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 12:41:04 »

Whether it's done cleverly or not players are trying to con the ref, it's cheating, tedious and shit to watch especially when it's done under 'game management'.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 12:44:44 »

Whether it's done cleverly or not players are trying to con the ref, it's cheating, tedious and shit to watch especially when it's done under 'game management'.

Yep I couldn't agree more just like when defenders hold onto forwards st corners etc and it goes unpunished

So, give no fucks
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 12:50:24 »

But that's unfortunately how the game is and it's nothing new.

It irks me, especially when considering a very talented player in Cristiano Ronaldo has made a career out of it. It irks even more because he's such a great player, he doesn't even need to do it?

At the end of the day, when Martin Keown has started wearing lensless fashion specs and roll necks, you know its over for football.

I would absolutely hate to be a defender in the game now. Its almost an impossible task. Players run into you and get freekicks/penos. It's not possible to just jockey a player for 90mins of every single game. A tackle has to be made at some point.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 13:06:21 »

To any youngsters on here football was more honest and exciting in the 70's

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Sunday, February 28, 2021, 13:07:38 »