Payne - 1 (1.9%)
Twine - 5 (9.3%)
Pitman - 2 (3.7%)
Garrick - 33 (61.1%)
Hunt - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 49

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lincoln C vs STFC MoM  (Read 2721 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:03:35 »

Says a lot when you're disappointed you didn't win at the leaders. With proper coaching, we could compete in this league. Nice to have a few MoM choices - some unfamiliar names in the running tonight.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:14:16 »

I went for Dom THompson.  He helped make us competitive both going forward and in defence.  I thought Odimayo also had a great first half, linking well with Garrick.  I can see why Garrick was chosen by several, a coolly taken goal and a regular threat.  Special mention for Payne too.  A team effort tonight.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:15:47 by RedRag » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:25:41 »

Garrick, with shaft and Payne honourable mentions
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:53:42 »

Garrick.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
REDBUCK

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 22:29:58 »

Garrick for me. Seems we have a footballer after all. If he gets to play in that position on Sat hopefully he'll repeat the performance.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 22:56:06 »

Good team performance tonight. Think I'd give it to Garrick for most improved player award. Today he showed a little bit of what he can do.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
china red

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 06:39:30 »

Palmer for me, thought he covered a massive amount of the pitch last night.  What an improvement from Garrick though, you can see he's a winger and not a fucking striker though
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 09:28:29 »

Didn't watch so can't vote but its pleasing to read how good Garrick was. Sounds like he's finally found his feet and is being played in his proper position. Hopefully he can help us in our fight against relegation.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 09:29:30 »

I think Garrick has been getting a lot of undue criticism when played through the middle. He's clearly a winger, and looked very good there last night.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 09:36:15 »

Thompson for me, especially given how down he seemed and how poor he was against Portsmouth 2 weeks ago. He seemed to play much further forward which suited him. Almost like a right winger?

Garrick was good too though and twine made a huge difference in midfield
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 09:40:34 »

I think Garrick has been getting a lot of undue criticism when played through the middle. He's clearly a winger, and looked very good there last night.

At least he was written off by Swindon fans after a couple of games playing out of position rather than before he has actually played for us.

The matchday threads do make me laugh though. (I generally don't partake and read back after the event) I think it was 10 minutes into his debut and there were already a handful of posters that had stated that Garrick was 'shit', 'is not a footballer' etc. I know emotions get high during games and people are entitled to say what they like and provide opinions but I do agree that players are written off very quickly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
china red

« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 09:45:20 »

It’s funny how people see different things in a game, I thought Thompson was really poor last night and seemed to not really know where he was supposed to be.  Good cross for the goal aside.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 09:53:56 »

It’s funny how people see different things in a game, I thought Thompson was really poor last night and seemed to not really know where he was supposed to be.  Good cross for the goal aside.

What I did notice about the goal that Thompson setup was the number of blue shirts getting into the box seemed higher than previously. I do think we don't have enough support getting forward and players get isolated so I guess with Twine and Payne in the side, as well as Garrick and BP, we do have the opportunity to have numbers going forward. I do hope we utilise these players without shackles on at home to the Cobblers.

Panda Paws

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 09:58:32 »

Lyden in for Palmer and the back 4 that finished will do nicely this weekend. The shape gave us so much more flexibility going forward and we looked better defensively too.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 10:17:19 »

Quote from: Panda Paws
Lyden in for Palmer and the back 4 that finished will do nicely this weekend. The shape gave us so much more flexibility going forward and we looked better defensively too.

yup, that would be my change too.

but I bet he drops Twine. we'll see
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: