Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: One Swindon Town Supporter Talks To Vital Lincoln City  (Read 6371 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:38:36 »

I think quite a few of our squad would do well under a good manager in League Two next year.
Panda Paws

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:39:24 »

Under different management, I'd happily have the following around next year, irrelevant of division, More than capable of bottom half league 1 football with some positive influence from the bench.

Woolacott (on evidence so far)
Fryers
Hunt
Iandolo
Conroy
Odimayo
Thompson
Grant
Lyden
Twine
Hope
T Smith

The players as individuals aren't the problem.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:40:34 »

The players as individuals aren't the problem.
Exactly
Flashheart

« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:43:49 »

I've said it before, I won't be judging these players under this manager. This cunt could make Messi look shit.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:46:18 »

Probably a few more than that, but certainly wouldn't ditch all of them which was what your answer to the Lincoln guy said.
But I didn’t say ditch them all. The Lincoln guy asked which player(s) to look out for. There’s not one that lights me up when he gets the ball. Those that did have legged it or been binned off by Sheridan.

Smith M, DJ, Smith J, Twine if picked - there was always a chance one of those would do something. The present set of players are hardly functioning under Sheridan.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:49:31 »

I've said it before, I won't be judging these players under this manager. This cunt could make Messi look shit.
This could be the Sheridan tagline...he is able to make Messi look messy.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:51:02 »

We could also have Mr Dizzy, Mr Topsy-turvy and Mr Small.  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:51:20 »

But I didn’t say ditch them all. The Lincoln guy asked which player(s) to look out for.
And you replied "You don’t want to be watching any of our lot, unless you need a laugh. Any player that was worth watching has been either jettisoned by Sheridactyl or forced their way out." So not one worth watching? Not a single one? If they're not worth watching they're not worth keeping. Anyway, you seem to be rowing back, it just struck me as a pretty over the top unmerited criticism of quite a few players who are doing their best while being badly mismanaged. I'll leave it there
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:52:22 »

Perhaps Aud means under current management?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:53:59 »

And you replied "You don’t want to be watching any of our lot, unless you need a laugh. Any player that was worth watching has been either jettisoned by Sheridactyl or forced their way out." So not one worth watching? Not a single one? If they're not worth watching they're not worth keeping. Anyway, you seem to be rowing back, it just struck me as a pretty over the top unmerited criticism of quite a few players who are doing their best while being badly mismanaged. I'll leave it there

Need a hand putting the toys back in pauld/bamboo?  Wink

This bit was my favourite;

What is the best thing about Swindon?
It’s close to nicer, other places that are not Swindon.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:54:23 »

To me, a player ‘worth watching’ is someone who can do something out of the ordinary, who can make something happen. If you can point me in the right direction, I’ll keep my eye out.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:55:14 »

To me, a player ‘worth watching’ is someone who can do something out of the ordinary, who can make something happen. If you can point me in the right direction, I’ll keep my eye out.

Jojo can kick it pretty far.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:56:57 »

He’s OOC at the end of the season. City may have a 1 year option, though. He’s been there 10 years. Maybe time to get his career going. He’ll get plenty of practice this season.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:58:17 »

Need a hand putting the toys back in pauld/bamboo?  Wink

This bit was my favourite;

What is the best thing about Swindon?
It’s close to nicer, other places that are not Swindon.

Calne
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 10:16:27 »

He’s OOC at the end of the season. City may have a 1 year option, though. He’s been there 10 years. Maybe time to get his career going. He’ll get plenty of practice this season.
Jojo is OOC apparently at the end of this season at Shitty and I understand this is his last chance to grab a new contract if he impresses, he will be 25 just after the start of next season and has only made 11 league level appearances this is almost certainly his last chance to impress them.

Chances are he will probably be released and snapped up by a bigger club thats more forward thinking and pays more in wages than us, like FGR.

Mark Cooper at FGR is known to be an admirer of his so he would probably choose then with their pulling power and ability to pay higher wages and also could well be a league higher than us next season.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: