Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If anyone is vaguely interested, we’ve got a game on Tuesday. So Lincoln v STFC  (Read 17319 times)
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:07:55 »

Great point and an encouraging performance. Well done Town.

Fingers crossed for more of the same on Saturday.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:09:25 »

Sheridan:
- Good performance against te3am going very well
- Very pleased. Good shape
- Shame we didnt hang on to win
- Fighting for every point. To come here, compete and play well, we didn't look like a team in a relegation scrap
- Take a point. Another massive game against Northampton at the weekend
- Praised the players
- Though Garrick's work rate was good. Scored an excellent goal. Pleased for him
- Passed it around. Very windy and difficult
- Would have liked us to hurt them more on the counter
- We've had good opportunities and worked the keeper
- Poor penalty conceded.
- Shame the performance didnt get us 3 points
- Twine: Changed the shape based upon his performance in training and because of the way that the opposition play with a deep midfielder. Gave him space
- Dont look at individuals, but look at team performance
- Conroy: 'Not sure what the injury is'. Think it might be ankle or achilles.
- Thought we looked a good team and not one at the bottom of the table
- No good the team giving this tonight and not doing the same at the weekend. We need consistency
- To win on Saturday and get a scruffy win and a point tonight. Need to get points off a team near us on Saturday
- Can see it going to the wire. But we will try to get points as soon as possible

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:11:39 »

Great result but feels like two points lost. 

As silly as it sounds, I agree. Lincoln were not that good, and had the league positions been reversed I am sure the little bit of "luck" that top teams seem to get would have gone for us.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:13:12 »

Cracking point, reasons for encouragement.

It looks more and more like it’s 4 from 7 for the drop, we have a reasonable chance of staying up if we build on this and do the Cobblers
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:13:24 »

Hartley:
- Definitely all about results
- Performance with a result like tonight is good
- Sheridan doesnt want to pick individuals but wants the team to be consistent
- Have to build momentum and get another positive result against Northampton
- Some difficult fixtures on the horizon
- Awful lot of big games on the horizon and we don't want to lose ground and have to come from a number of points behind when we have Sunderland, Accrington and Oxford all to come in the next couple of weeks

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:18:54 »

Payne:
- Encouraging return. Unlucky not to get 3 points
- Need to build on that on Saturday
- Created a few chances and kept shape defensively
- Broke play up well and got into good positions quickly
- Made good decisions
- Twine got in some good positions. Created a lot of opportunities. Really clever with his movement
- Important to be able to adjust to different formations and being clever in the way we play
- First half we created a lot. We could have scored more. Won free kicks just outside the area
- Massive game at the weekend. Want the 3 points on Saturday
- Important to get points from teams around us.

Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:22:03 »

Fair bit of praise for us on the Lincoln forum while saying they weren't at their best. Makes a change from the usual "they were fucking shit and we should be ashamed" that is custom on football forums (and to be fair accurate about us for most of this season).
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:24:03 »

Wollacott 6
Thought he looked solid in the first half other than when he came a long way for one cross and the wind took it. Thought he could have done better for their second goal.

Thompson 6.5
Looked a little better today breaking up play in the first half. Makes us more solid having two defenders on the left, but only made one telling contribution going forward after 2 mins for the first goal!

Grounds 7
Solid and unspectacular. Didnt notice any mistakes.

Broadbent 6.5
Rode his luck a bit and went in for a couple of really ‘naughty’ challenges

Conroy 5
Looked very, very slow tonight. Caught out and deliberately tripped the player for the penalty. Think he was taken off as a punishment rather than a precaution.

Odimayo 7
Thought he looked very solid. Didn’t put a foot wrong.

Palmer 6.5
Won lots of second balls and broke play up well.

Payne 7
Looked up for it tonight and ran his socks off. Had a couple of storming runs and got in good positions for a couple of shots

Twine 7
Linked play well. Unlucky on a couple of occasions when he looked to be through and brought down. Couple of good free kicks. Got into good positions. Brushed off the ball a bit too easily at times.

Pitman 6.5
Looked at one point to be doing everything not to score. Could have scored 3 in the first half. Couple of thunderbolts in the second half. One from the edge of the box and one from the half way line.

Garrick 7
Ran his socks off. Took his goal well. Best performance so far. Could have won it for us at the end.

Subs:
Hunt 6
Did reasonably well. Didn’t see any major mistakes.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:32:39 »

Hawes:
- Goal after 90 seconds may have helped Garrick settle in to a good performance. Could have helped that he was playing on the wing rather than up front.
- Sheridan talked about setting up in a way that neutralises the team they are playing. So there may be changes at the weekend despite winning tonight
- Sounds like Northampton are still looking for an identity and way to play post Keith Curle. A good time to play them, unless they appoint someone
- Poor penalty to give away and wonder if Wollacott would think he could have done better for the second
- Better defensive performance tonight
- Noone has been able to pin down the RB slot. Hunt was good in the second half and didnt give much away.
- Grounds was really steady tonight and read things well. Broke things up. One of his better Town performances

WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:47:11 »

Very useful point. Would have snapped your hand off from two points from Crewe and Lincoln before Saturday, so to get 4 is superb.

Most encouraging was the performance though. Made a pleasant change to see us knocking the ball about with conviction in the opposition’s half and nearly breaking through a few times. Midfield was a bit lightweight but looked very good on the ball.

Credit to Garrick. Actually looked very dangerous down the right.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:51:37 »

Cracking point, reasons for encouragement.

It looks more and more like it’s 4 from 7 for the drop, we have a reasonable chance of staying up if we build on this and do the Cobblers

Great point. Possibly feels like 3 dropped.

It's been 4 from 7 for a while really. Do the Shoe fixers at Sixfields Allotment and we can probably start talk about survival being in Town's own hands, rather than others.

I'll stick by that 42-45pts will be enough this season. What an incredibly weak league throughout.

Edit: Garrick MoM. Thompson back to Ispwichesque and chased a lost cause to get the assist. Pitman being Pitman. The game missed one thing off the script...a Scott Twine thronker!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:53:46 »

Well done Town, good result and well deserved. As things are definitely happy with a point. Expected nothing.
More important than the point was the performance (although that point may be crucial at the end), that more than anything gives me hope. The flukey result against Crewe didn't but this performance has and shows that we are capable of fighting to stay up. Loads of plus points and no minus ones, first time for a long long time. COYR.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:56:13 »

A very good point and our best display under Sheridan. Some real positives to take from that performance:-
Midfield link up play between Palmer, Payne and Twine very promising.
Pitman getting in to good positions - could have scored 4
Thompson back to his Ipswich form
Grounds looking composed and Broadbent combative  - having both played twice in 4 days after long spells out
Odimayo impressive at right back then centre half
Garrick mom with a really good display
Sheridan for once got the formation and side spot on
Players are really putting a shift in
We didnt concede in the first 5 minutes
Now go and back it up with 3 points in a crucial match against Northampton as after that we have Sunderland and Accrington away and the scum at home!
Very tight at the bottom, really bunched up with Burton hitting some form. Any 4 from 7 to go down.
Vital Lincoln City

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 21:59:12 »

Best of luck for the remainder of the season!

Jules.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 22:09:31 »

Quote from: Vital Lincoln City
Best of luck for the remainder of the season!

Jules.

cheers
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: