Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If anyone is vaguely interested, we’ve got a game on Tuesday. So Lincoln v STFC  (Read 17318 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 12:42:43 »

Bit of a free hit. Stay in the game and hope for the best. I'd imagine Lincoln will coast this, but you never know.

Flashheart

« Reply #16 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 12:49:26 »

Will take a point.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 12:51:20 »

Will take a point.

Cheesy
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 13:01:13 »

Lincoln apparently down to having only 16 fit players and struggled on Saturday coming from a goal down and struggled to beat the awful Wigan side.

They lined up as a 433 and suffered another injury on Saturday to 2nd top scorer in the team Scully.

Lincoln City have two fresh injury concerns ahead of Tuesday’s home clash with Swindon Town after Jorge Grant and Adam Jackson picked up knocks against Wigan Athletic on Saturday.

The Imps are already without Joe Walsh, Liam Bridcutt and Harry Anderson while Anthony Scully limped off with a knee injury in the first half of the 2-1 win at DW Stadium.

Now key players Grant and Jackson are doubts for the game, with Imps Michael Appleton rating their chances of playing at 50/50.

“They got knocks at the weekend and we’ll have a better indication later today or tomorrow morning if they’re going to be available for tomorrow," said Appleton.

“The medical team are telling me it’s 50/50. If they come through, great, if not, we’ll very, very low on numbers because apart from Theo [Archibald, who is recovering from a calf injury] that was us at the weekend.”

They aren't on the best run even though they sit at the top of league 1.

The win on Saturday at Wigan was only their 2nd win in the last 5 games LWDDW but they have only conceded a paltry 23 goals in the league so far from 28 games but are not high scorers having scored "only" 42 times.

In the home game with us their keeper looked a but dodgy with his kicking which put their defence under some unnecessary pressure several times which Matt Smith almost capitalised on and the only goal of the game being almost an OG by the clumsy Kovar costing us a draw and Baudry missing a sitter from 6 yards out at the end of the game.

Still can't see us getting anything from the game up there though, matches played between Swindon and the Imps up there have been fairly even over the years with Swindon winning 2 games and Lincoln 3 games with 4 draws.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 13:05:09 »

Our team news:

https://www.totalswindon.com/sport/press-conference-live-lincoln-city-v-swindon-town/

Sheridan on injuries:

"It will be the same squad as Saturday. Tyler Smith, Joel Grant, and Jordan Lyden are all back training but won't be available.

Anthony Grant has concussion still and the doctor will make that decision. Mathieu Baudry is still a few weeks out and is still having scans but it could be a long-term injury. It's a hamstring injury which has been occurring too often so he needs to get it sorted."
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 15:08:12 »

If they're really missing that many players it might not be the walk over I expected. We never win two games in a row so not brave enough to predict a win, maybe we could surprise a few and nick a point.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 15:54:58 »

Lincoln by 3

Not even the usual 3:04 before conceding?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 15:55:52 »

I reckon we're on a lucky streak. 1-0 to Lincoln
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 16:48:00 »

I must have missed Anthony Grant having a concussion, how did that happen?
Flashheart

« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 16:50:24 »

He took a kick to the head in training, or so we are led to believe. Must have been a couple of week sago now so it must have been one hell of a kick, if it happened.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 16:57:02 »

He took a kick to the head in training, or so we are led to believe. Must have been a couple of week sago now so it must have been one hell of a kick, if it happened.

I'm sure I saw a flying pig when Sheriden said that...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 17:12:27 »

When he planted the heed on Sheridan
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 17:15:10 »

i dont understand the clamour for grant to start or be back. has shown zero all season that he can dominate in league 1 although his goals have been extremely useful. last season my opinion was the opposite
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 17:17:50 »

Cos he’s better than what we have available. Liden and Grant are the best pair.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 17:39:17 »

I'm sure I saw a flying pig when Sheriden said that...

A definite flying pig.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: