Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If anyone is vaguely interested, we’ve got a game on Tuesday. So Lincoln v STFC  (Read 17330 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 18:22:28 »

I'm sure I saw a flying pig when Sheriden said that...
If it was low flying maybe that's how Grant got the concussion?
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 18:27:13 »

I must have missed Anthony Grant having a concussion, how did that happen?
bit of Pratt & Whitney fell on his swede
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, February 22, 2021, 20:02:45 »

He took a kick to the head in training, or so we are led to believe. Must have been a couple of week sago now so it must have been one hell of a kick, if it happened.
Must say I was a little puzzled that Grant is unavailable due to concussion yet should be angry that he’s not in the team!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:38:26 »

I'll go with the same tactic as Saturday.

Defeat. 0-2

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:44:16 »

A sequence of LDLDL against The Imps since their return to the league.
I see a pattern.
Could easily have been LWLWL were it not for a keeper with melted butter in his gloves and some heroic last ditch defending by 9 men.

Nothing to lose tonight so might as well have a go.
A draw would be a great result.
Could be a much tighter game than expected.  Hmmm

Noticed that our centre forward was very much in energy saving mode on Saturday.
There is nothing wrong with playing the game at a pace that suits, as long as there is a positive contribution to show for it. Which there was.
Not anticipating a fully trickle charged one man counter pressing machine type performance.
Just be in the right place for some perambulated poaching when or if the time comes.
Or maybe the opposition will suffer the curse of the returning former player for a change, if Payne can hit the target.

No drummer tonight and do they still have the air raid siren blaring for their corners?
Should play this instead. Beautiful. Unlike our football, although the aesthetics of a couple of two yard tap ins wouldn't be the Pitts by any means.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:44:16 »

I'll go with the same tactic as Saturday.

Defeat. 0-2
Yes mate, but the tactic on Saturday was 2-1 win Wink

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:44:44 »

He took a kick to the head in training, or so we are led to believe. Must have been a couple of week sago now so it must have been one hell of a kick, if it happened.

I got knocked out hitting the tarmac when I was a young teenager, spent 24hrs in hospital under observation and went home with a banging headache and bruised skull. I'm pretty sure I was doing PE the following week.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:47:03 »

No drummer tonight and do they still have the air raid siren blaring for their corners?
2 of THE most tacky tinpot things in football.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:48:38 »

Yes mate, but the tactic on Saturday was 2-1 win Wink

It was indeed, but I predicted a 2-0 defeat and I think my spiritual powers are probably more useful than Shez and his 'tactics' board. (he probably needs help putting it the right way up)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:53:56 »

I got knocked out hitting the tarmac when I was a young teenager, spent 24hrs in hospital under observation and went home with a banging headache and bruised skull. I'm pretty sure I was doing PE the following week.
I'd suggest that the medical science around concussion and it's treatment has advanced quite a bit since then
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:54:45 »

I'd suggest that the medical science around concussion and it's treatment has advanced quite a bit since then

And the recovery period too.
It was only six years ago  Smiley
Peter Venkman

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:56:12 »

It was indeed, but I predicted a 2-0 defeat and I think my spiritual powers are probably more useful than Shez and his 'tactics' board. (he probably needs help putting it the right way up)
I predicted a 2-0 defeat too, but I thought he would use different tactics, I didn't realise he had a 2-1 tactic in the bag Cheesy

I loved winning Saturday I had truly forgotten what it felt like but the over all performance and "tactic" was still utterly dire and dull as dishwater at times to watch.

Still 7 more of those between now and the end of the season and I will be happy, I will be utterly fed up of watching us play football but ultimately happy.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:58:03 »

Unless Sheridan’s reward for keeping us up is a new contract.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 09:59:18 »

Unless Sheridan’s reward for keeping us up is a new contract.

Ban Them
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2021, 10:09:24 »

Would question whether Grounds and Broadbent are able to play 2 games in 4 days after being out for so long. If they are, then expect the only changes to be Odimayo for Caddis to add a bit of pace against their attacking threat down our right and Twine for either Payne or more likely Garrick, so playing a 3-5-1-1 with Twine marauding in a number 10 role behind BP. Instructions will be keep it tight for 93 minutes and win it in the final minute of injury time. I expect a comfortable 2-0 loss, conceding a goal in each half.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: