Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: West Country football  (Read 8696 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 20:09:53 »

I think your assessment is spot on. Nice City Bristol if you forget the football rivalry but it would take a brave man to wear a STFC shirt there tho😀

I live in BS4 and see Rovers stuff all the time. There are times and places in South Bristol where you'd be daft to do that (BS3/3 Lions) but Bedminster/Southville is a lot different these days.

My wifes grandad used to drink in the 3 Lions on a Sunday late morning (WWII veteran and treated him very well). We went in to say hello once and got a very stern heads up as I was wearing a blue band t-shirt under my hoodie. They can be very intense.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 20:12:58 »

I live in BS4 and see Rovers stuff all the time. There are times and places in South Bristol where you'd be daft to do that (BS3/3 Lions) but Bedminster/Southville is a lot different these days.

My wifes grandad used to drink in the 3 Lions on a Sunday late morning (WWII veteran and treated him very well). We went in to say hello once and got a very stern heads up as I was wearing a blue band t-shirt under my hoodie. They can be very intense.

The three lions is a notorious hard city pub full of nutters and used to run coaches to England away games

So, give no fucks
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 20:18:49 »

I was a north of the river guy. Rarely ventured south and wouldn't have worn a town shit anywhere near that fucking place. Suicide mission.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 20:21:13 »

I was a north of the river guy. Rarely ventured south and wouldn't have worn a town shit anywhere near that fucking place. Suicide mission.

😀😀😀

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 20:21:24 »

Scallywag football supporters to one side, I have always thought that Bristol is a great place to live/work in and may well move back at some point.  

Nothing to see here
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 20:24:00 »

Scallywag football supporters to one side, I have always thought that Bristol is a great place to live/work in and may well move back at some point.  

I agree it's a lovely City and I could spend hours walking adound the harbourside up Brandon Hill to Clifton

So, give no fucks
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 20:24:40 »

Bristol is great. Been here 9 years now and can't believe how quickly that has gone.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 20:28:21 »

Bristol is great. Been here 9 years now and can't believe how quickly that has gone.
Agreed. Spent 10 years there but before a lot of it was developed. Chose to move back to Swindon. A lot going on in Bristol. Great music scene.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 20:41:07 »

In terms of sustained football progression within the Westcountry... it's really is down to financial backing now, isn't it?

Bristol City's rise to mainstay Championship side = Steve Lansdown

FGRs rise to the EFL = Dale Vince

Cheltenham Town's Rise = Simon Keswick

Swindon's last flirtation = Andrew Black
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 20:41:49 »

It's a funny thing about Bristol City. I hate them more than any other side and always look for their score to get some perverse pleasure when they get beaten. That being said, I don't think I've met one of their supporters that I didn't like and it's the same with Rovers. When they are gathered en masse though, I don't really like them at all. And City are usually better than us, sadly.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 20:51:24 »

Worked in Filton for the last 7 years and there are a few City diehards who are the same as any other loyal supporters.

There's a lot of enthusiasm for football but most of it is towards the Premier League teams especially Liverpool or Man Utd.

I guess City need to break through to the PL as they are still a second team for many. Linked with Nigel Pearson now.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 20:57:37 »

In terms of sustained football progression within the Westcountry... it's really is down to financial backing now, isn't it?

Bristol City's rise to mainstay Championship side = Steve Lansdown

FGRs rise to the EFL = Dale Vince

Cheltenham Town's Rise = Simon Keswick

Swindon's last flirtation = Andrew Black

With the exception of Bristol Rovers - Wael al-Qadi

So, give no fucks
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 21:07:10 »

That Nestor Lorenzo Heade will tell you that the only way to thrive is fan ownership and will point to Exeter's upwards trajectory.

Nothing to see here
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 22:10:54 »

With the exception of Bristol Rovers - Wael al-Qadi

I don't think al-Qadi has got access to the family fortune though.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, February 21, 2021, 22:22:08 »

I don't think al-Qadi has got access to the family fortune though.

Whereas 23yr old Sunderland Chairman, the Swiss Kyril Louis-Dreyfis very much does. I wonder when Power might claim he once loaned a chalet to his family and the accrued interest on missed payments has shot up to around £7.5m? Might we see a letter provided?  Hmmm

"See the fing is Shawnnn..."
« Last Edit: Monday, February 22, 2021, 00:51:33 by bamboonoclue » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: