Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If anyone cares, we’ve got a game tomorrow. So here goes, Swindon Town v Crewe.  (Read 26378 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 15:58:48 »

the only positive is we are in level. And I've seen its play worse this season.

Crewe are a little unlucky, on another day it would be 2-0.

we've created nothing again
Really? What’s been worse than this?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #331 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 15:59:19 »

Well that was pretty dire.

Nobody has a clue what to do and where to be.  You can almost see the cogs turning in their heads as they try to remember what they were supposed to be doing.  It's another case of a new formation and players thrown together with little thought for what to do beyond defend and hit it long.  The problem with that defend by numbers approach is nobody trusts each other because they haven't played this way enough, or with each other.  So you end up with a back three looking a mess - nobody knows whether to step-up or drop off, or what the other two were supposed to do.

JoJo looks OK.

The midfield three look terrible, to a man.  No clue how to retain possession and little better when trying to defend.  Payne is like a school kid, just runs to the ball all the time, meaning there is no structure.  Missilou has no footballing brain at all - I assume his game is to just be a nuisance and tackle people.  He certainly isn;t much kop at that and worse in posession.  Palmer may as well be on the sideline, no influence at all.  Other than a couple of times where he pressed well, he generally has an ability to be nowhere near anything of consequence in the game.

Garrick - um, is he this bad?  It's hard to judge players given the failings of the management team.

Pitman - pointless, if he has any strengths left we have no idea how to play to them.

Caddis seems to keep ending up as an advanced right winger - I doubt that was the plan.

Thompson is playing the left side in a completely different manner - it's another symptom of a rudderless team.

Overall, lucky to be level.
This, 100%

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 16:00:26 »

Well that was utter shite.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #333 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 16:00:46 »

Wigan was definately worse, MKD, Shrewsbury, Plymouth, Accrington....

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 16:01:51 »

I'd say Shrewsbury.

I thought Wigan was ok given the circumstances

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 16:02:04 »

I’d get Odimayo on, Palmer off.

Pitman off, Broadbent up top

Garrick off, that Norwich fella on up with Broadbent

And at least try and play proper hoofball. We seem incapable of even doing that.
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 16:02:51 »

A bit like asking "what is the worst dog shit have you trodden in recently?"  Cheesy

No one kills a thread like me....

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 16:02:57 »

Wigan was definately worse, MKD, Shrewsbury, Plymouth, Accrington....
I must be numb to it
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 16:03:00 »

Well that was pretty dire.

Nobody has a clue what to do and where to be.  You can almost see the cogs turning in their heads as they try to remember what they were supposed to be doing.  It's another case of a new formation and players thrown together with little thought for what to do beyond defend and hit it long.  The problem with that defend by numbers approach is nobody trusts each other because they haven't played this way enough, or with each other.  So you end up with a back three looking a mess - nobody knows whether to step-up or drop off, or what the other two were supposed to do.

JoJo looks OK.

The midfield three look terrible, to a man.  No clue how to retain possession and little better when trying to defend.  Payne is like a school kid, just runs to the ball all the time, meaning there is no structure.  Missilou has no footballing brain at all - I assume his game is to just be a nuisance and tackle people.  He certainly isn;t much kop at that and worse in posession.  Palmer may as well be on the sideline, no influence at all.  Other than a couple of times where he pressed well, he generally has an ability to be nowhere near anything of consequence in the game.

Garrick - um, is he this bad?  It's hard to judge players given the failings of the management team.

Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman, Brett Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman - pointless, if he has any strengths left we have no idea how to play to them.

Caddis seems to keep ending up as an advanced right winger - I doubt that was the plan.

Thompson is playing the left side in a completely different manner - it's another symptom of a rudderless team.

Overall, lucky to be level.

Wasn’t that good 😂
Honestly can you imagine if we were at the game.
It would be meltdown in get stands.
Absolutely fucking clueless.

Crewe 70% possession and Swindon pass accuracy 50% just about sums us up.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #339 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 16:03:15 »

What really annoys me is that last season this was a fixture between 2 good footballing side. This season its a fixture between a good footballing side and a pub team. And it's a pub team because of the manager who should have been fired at least a month ago.
Flashheart

« Reply #340 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 16:04:12 »

And at least try and play proper hoofball. We seem incapable of even doing that.

This.

I don't understand what they're trying to do. It's hoofball - but it isn't. WTF is it?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 16:04:38 »

What really annoys me is that last season this was a fixture between 2 good footballing side. This season its a fixture between a good footballing side and a pub team. And it's a pub team because of the manager who should have been fired at least a month ago.

Spot on.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 16:04:50 »

iFollow is flashing up 30 v 70% and one shot on target for Swindon (which I think is the Broadbent header, so not convinced on that!)
Tense.

We need VAR to decide if we had our first shot on target this year.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #343 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 16:05:48 »

With the wind behind us hopefully we can utilise it...I would say under any normal managers tactics.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #344 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 16:06:28 »

Sorry but Garrick is not a footballer.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: