Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If anyone cares, we’ve got a game tomorrow. So here goes, Swindon Town v Crewe.  (Read 26526 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 15:49:21 »

Usual one shot on target in the first 45.   

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 15:49:44 »

Fucking hell we keep getting served up this shite.
Flashheart

« Reply #317 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 15:49:57 »

Well, we're not losing. I'll take that for now.

The new goalie looks OK.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 15:50:46 »

I fail to understand why/how Sheridactyl is sending his team out to play like this. There is zero pattern of play - even with hoof ball there is some kind of tactic, get it wide, get crosses in etc. But this is just nothingness. It’s mindless drivel.

It certainly isn’t football.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 15:52:50 »

Went back to watch the Broadbent header - pretty sure that wasn't on target!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 15:53:03 »

I’m struggling to think of a manager who actually set us up to play so poorly. Even Hart had a plan: a dire, ultra defensive plan, but a plan. This is pure hit and hope. It wouldn’t look any worse than this if they received no coaching at all.

Fuck it, I’ll feel sorry for any team we steal a L1 place from with this shit. Not that we will. If ever a team deserved to go down.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 15:55:00 »

I wonder if Power bothers to watch this on iFollow. How can even an absent/selling up owner countenance this shit.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 15:55:10 »

20% possession for a home side is surely unheard of !!.

My data reads as 43%  Town v 57% Crewe (I have an OPTA FPSF). All level on attempts off and on target too. 2 a piece. They've had 3 times as many "dangerous attacks" though.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 15:55:59 »

Watching the game got me thinking that the only players I have any affinities to whilst actually playing for my club today are Caddis, Conroy and to a lesser extent Broadbent, the rest will in a few short months be instantly forgettable.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 15:56:10 »

My data reads as 43%  Town v 57% Crewe (I have an OPTA FPSF). All level on attempts off and on target too. 2 a piece. They've had 3 times as many "dangerous attacks" though.

iFollow is flashing up 30 v 70% and one shot on target for Swindon (which I think is the Broadbent header, so not convinced on that!)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 15:56:32 »

Well that was pretty dire.

Nobody has a clue what to do and where to be.  You can almost see the cogs turning in their heads as they try to remember what they were supposed to be doing.  It's another case of a new formation and players thrown together with little thought for what to do beyond defend and hit it long.  The problem with that defend by numbers approach is nobody trusts each other because they haven't played this way enough, or with each other.  So you end up with a back three looking a mess - nobody knows whether to step-up or drop off, or what the other two were supposed to do.

JoJo looks OK.

The midfield three look terrible, to a man.  No clue how to retain possession and little better when trying to defend.  Payne is like a school kid, just runs to the ball all the time, meaning there is no structure.  Missilou has no footballing brain at all - I assume his game is to just be a nuisance and tackle people.  He certainly isn;t much kop at that and worse in posession.  Palmer may as well be on the sideline, no influence at all.  Other than a couple of times where he pressed well, he generally has an ability to be nowhere near anything of consequence in the game.

Garrick - um, is he this bad?  It's hard to judge players given the failings of the management team.

Pitman - pointless, if he has any strengths left we have no idea how to play to them.

Caddis seems to keep ending up as an advanced right winger - I doubt that was the plan.

Thompson is playing the left side in a completely different manner - it's another symptom of a rudderless team.

Overall, lucky to be level.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 15:56:40 »

HT 1-1 dull

Nah JJ, Hull are winning 1-3  Wink

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #327 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 15:57:16 »

I’m struggling to think of a manager who actually set us up to play so poorly. Even Hart had a plan: a dire, ultra defensive plan, but a plan. This is pure hit and hope. It wouldn’t look any worse than this if they received no coaching at all.

Fuck it, I’ll feel sorry for any team we steal a L1 place from with this shit. Not that we will. If ever a team deserved to go down.
I can't think of any manager ever in my 45 years that has had no game plan, no tactics, no direction.

Its just like he says...."go out there and do what the fuck you want to".

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 15:57:19 »

the only positive is we are in level. And I've seen us play worse this season.

Crewe are a little unlucky, on another day it would be 2-0.

we've created nothing again
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 15:58:05 »

Its just like he says...."go out there and do what the fuck you want to".

He clearly doesn't though - players doing what they want to do (Twine, Thompson) have spoken about being asked to player tighter to a system. Fuck knows what that system is but it's not total creative freedom!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: