Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If anyone cares, we’ve got a game tomorrow. So here goes, Swindon Town v Crewe.  (Read 25338 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 12:38:40 »

Must be the tablets you're on.
Would take any result in our favour,  but can't see it happening unless Sheridan has transformed them during their break.  0-2.
(More chance of seeing Lord  Lucan riding Shergar).

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 12:49:25 »

No doubt we will lose something to nil!

We will start brightly for 3-4 mins, before Crewe score. We will look shell shocked for 15 mins before settling and trying to get back into the game. We'll then concede again and limp through until half time. The second half will start slowly for us as we are pinned back. We will then start to get more into the game, but not have any clear cut chances - But any chance we have we will fluff. The game will end with us losing by something to nil and we will all be annoyed.

Some TEF members will disappear for a couple of days. Others will post copiously. Some will abuse others for no reason - One member will write lots of long posts and carry on regardless!  Girl Giggle

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 12:54:27 »

No doubt we will lose something to nil!

We will start brightly for 3-4 mins, before Crewe score. We will look shell shocked for 15 mins before settling and trying to get back into the game. We'll then concede again and limp through until half time. The second half will start slowly for us as we are pinned back. We will then start to get more into the game, but not have any clear cut chances - But any chance we have we will fluff. The game will end with us losing by something to nil and we will all be annoyed.

Some TEF members will disappear for a couple of days. Others will post copiously. Some will abuse others for no reason - One member will write lots of long posts and carry on regardless!  Girl Giggle
In other words, exactly as every week lately!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 13:01:45 »

And four random, hardly active posters (one person) will log in, be abusive, post a load of random bollocks, then close their account(s).
Chunkyhair

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 13:55:06 »

And four random, hardly active posters (one person) will log in, be abusive, post a load of random bollocks, then close their account(s).

I am hardly an active poster, a little random, hopefully not unecessarily abusive (unless I am calling someone a cunt with some justification), and hopefully will not post the random bollocks as we have seen in last 7 days after the game.

BUT - I have a horrible feeling I may end up watching the game tomorrow as fuck all else to do.  Can't see past NMH's prediction to be honest, it looks spot on, I expect us to be behind after 10 mins (max).

But still I will watch (probably) and worse, hope my expectations are wrong, but still lose a fiver backing us.

No one kills a thread like me....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 14:01:10 »

I know the football and this season in general has been asolutely hideous, but I still look forward to 3pm on a Saturday when I can tune in and watch Swindon put in a generally abject performance. Its 2 hours where I can put my feet up, have a couple of beers and 'escape' from the daily grind.

I'm kind of past caring if we lose now and don't see any benefit in getting worked up about it so in a masochistic way quite looking forward to tomorrow given we missed a game last weekend.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #21 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 14:15:06 »

I'm kind of past caring if we lose now and don't see any benefit in getting worked up about it so in a masochistic way quite looking forward to tomorrow given we missed a game last weekend.
I have felt like this for a few weeks now mate.

Lose the game and I am no longer that worried and it doesn't even register in my emotional sclae now.

I go into games expecting nothing and never being disappointed by it, I resigned myself to relegation weeks ago.

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 14:16:19 »

Putting a tenner on us to lose 2-0, so we’ll win 2-0
Good man.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 14:22:53 »

I have felt like this for a few weeks now mate.

Lose the game and I am no longer that worried and it doesn't even register in my emotional sclae now.

I go into games expecting nothing and never being disappointed by it, I resigned myself to relegation weeks ago.

The only frustrating part is that if we were to sack Sheridan and replace him with someone who is even half competent we might just save ourselves. But sticking with him is just a recipe for relegation.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 14:23:38 »

I always hope we'll win.  In other seasons, I have sometimes come round to being pleased with the opposite outcome when I felt this might just trigger a positive, like a manager's dismissal.

Unfortunately I have had zero confidence in Power, so I am inevitably down at a match's conclusion.  And liable to get narky with any justifiably negative or even objective posts.  Apologies in advance, folks.

Hoping for a REALLY bright opening TEN minutes tomorrow.  You Redz  Pint
Peter Venkman

« Reply #25 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 14:24:36 »

The only frustrating part is that if we were to sack Sheridan and replace him with someone who is even half competent we might just save ourselves. But sticking with him is just a recipe for relegation.
100% this.

Big Smith

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 14:25:31 »

What a sad excuse for a bunch of so called football fans, only here for the glory days, you should be ashamed of yourselves, pathetic thread title and comments.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #27 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 14:33:55 »

What a sad excuse for a bunch of so called football fans, only here for the glory days, you should be ashamed of yourselves, pathetic thread title and comments.
Hi John.  What winning team are you picking tomorrow?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 14:37:15 »

Before you delete your account.
Flashheart

« Reply #29 on: Friday, February 19, 2021, 14:39:04 »

Hi John.  What winning team are you picking tomorrow?

I know this whole debacle is a bit odd as it is, but I think it's really pushing it to think Sheridan would go setting up a load of accounts on the TEF in 2013 just incase he got the opportunity to troll it at some point in the future.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: