Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: If anyone cares, we’ve got a game tomorrow. So here goes, Swindon Town v Crewe.  (Read 25547 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #585 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 17:41:33 »

There was a plan then ?

Nothing to see here
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #586 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 17:42:28 »

Just on Garrick. He's a winger. Should be being played upfront. When he drifts wide in 1v1 situations, he's dangerous. Put one on a plate for Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman.

That’s half my point, why are we playing him as part of a central pair if he’s a winger, over Smith, Hope or even Omotoye who are far more suited to the central position to play off Pitman.

Regardless of his position though, I’m not convinced of his ability to beat his man (considering he’s supposed to be tricky and pacey) or find a decent pass. In the 4 games he’s played for us, I barely need one hand to count the amount of times he’s looked like he’s going to put a player in on goal or going to score himself. When he got in behind down the left channel in the 2nd half case in point. Great opportunity, did nothing with it.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #587 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 17:44:00 »

That’s half my point, why are we playing him as part of a central pair if he’s a winger, over Smith, Hope or even Omotoye who are far more suited to the central position to play off Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman.

Regardless of his position though, I’m not convinced of his ability to beat his man (considering he’s supposed to be tricky and pacey) or find a decent pass. In the 4 games he’s played for us, I barely need one hand to count the amount of times he’s looked like he’s going to put a player in on goal or going to score himself. When he got in behind down the left channel in the 2nd half case in point. Great opportunity, did nothing with it.

I suspect that has been said about STFC's other attacking options

Nothing to see here
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #588 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 17:45:39 »

Hawes:
- A degree of luck
- Will need to play at a higher level to get wins
- Broadbent winning headers and Twine scoring
- A bit of stickability
- Found a way to win
- Lincoln: Difficult game. Beat us 1-0 due to a 'Matej Kovar day'
- Most likey will lose but wont effect the bottom 7 scrap
- Wollacott looked good.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #589 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 17:48:22 »

Twine's goal was a very smart finish. Easy to miss that.

Glass half full tonight. We were terrible, but so were the conditions. We stayed in the game. We had some luck. We've nicked it and we're out the bottom 4.

Shez goes at the end of the season no matter what. Goes without saying I'd rather we're in L1 than L2 next season.
Jurassic won't be going anywhere this season while his mate still owns the club.  So we have to put up with this no tactic hoof ball and scraping wins through the incompetence of opponents to put the ball in the net and hope it happens often  enough to stay in L1.  Its going to continue being a tough watch until the end of the season.  Somehow we are out of the bottom 4 tonight so happy for that.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #590 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 17:48:46 »

So what's the keeper situation? Can he play Tuesday?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #591 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 17:50:43 »

I think that Garrick gets undeserved grief.
I disagree, I think he offers nothing, discuss why you feel he looks good enough as I don't see it, at all.

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #592 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 17:50:53 »

Celebrated in a similar way to when we won at Oxford, running around the lounge and scaring the dogs in the process.
A critical 3 points, with 5 out of the other 6 teams down the bottom with us losing.
Completely outplayed by a very technical side, who should have scored at least 3. Goalie was very good and kept us in it.
Our passing for most of the game was dreadful, but when it mattered most in the last minute, Palmer, Pitman, Hope and Twine all combined for the winner.
Lincoln is now a freebie, with a must win game at home to Northampton at home next Saturday. Lose and Win in that order will do nicely.
Would start Twine over Payne every time.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #593 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 17:51:03 »

I suspect that has been said about STFC's other attacking options

Someone has rightly pointed out that comments on individual performances should carry the caveat that they are being “coached” by fucking Sheridan. I completely acknowledge that.

It’s the selection ahead of other options (that have proven to be somewhat effective) that baffles me. But again...Sheridan.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #594 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 17:51:27 »

Got to ditch 5 at the back, though. Nobody looked comfortable with that. For me, the first choice CBs should be Conroy/Odimayo.

Twine is a must start as well. At least he’s likely to have a pop. If Sheridactyl can put the team first and ditch his prejudices, the 2 DMs should be Liden/Grant if fit. Pitman is the only option up front but needs another striker playing off him.

4-4-2 is a must for this group of players and the position we are in. No way are we going to be that fortunate again in a very long time.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #595 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 17:59:29 »

In the excitement of a win, it’s easy to overlook and not mention how good Wollacott was. Excellent performance. Hope he can stick around for the rest of the season and without succumbing to coaching from Shez.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #596 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 18:07:49 »

Hawes:
- A degree of luck
- Will need to play at a higher level to get wins
- Broadbent winning headers and Twine scoring
- A bit of stickability
- Found a way to win
- Lincoln: Difficult game. Beat us 1-0 due to a 'Matej Kovar day'
- Most likey will lose but wont effect the bottom 7 scrap
- Wollacott looked good.
Thanks as always Nmh - any summary of Hartley’s thoughts?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #597 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 18:09:27 »

Quote from: adje
So what's the keeper situation? Can he play Tuesday?

was extended by 7 days, so yes.

will need another extension for Saturday though. Noises in post match interviews are we are looking for a free agent though.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #598 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 18:09:35 »

In the excitement of a win, it’s easy to overlook and not mention how good Wollacott was. Excellent performance. Hope he can stick around for the rest of the season and without succumbing to coaching from Shez.
He was excellent, not sure he is allowed to stay for the rest of the season as the loan is limited to 7 day extentions at a time and we have to prove to the EFL that we are actively looking to sign a replacement, pretty sure we cant just say extend it until the end of the season, which would be a no brainer for us if we could.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #599 on: Saturday, February 20, 2021, 19:02:46 »

He was excellent, not sure he is allowed to stay for the rest of the season as the loan is limited to 7 day extentions at a time and we have to prove to the EFL that we are actively looking to sign a replacement, pretty sure we cant just say extend it until the end of the season, which would be a no brainer for us if we could.

Ah fair point if true. I made that statement without knowing what the rule is on emergency loans these days. I’d assumed we’d be allowed to extend the loan as required due to us only having one senior keeper at the club and Travers being recalled presumable against our wishes. Makes sense then that we’ve only extended the loan by a week from the initial 7 days.

I assume we’re only allowed to sign OOC keepers for anything to last to end of season then?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: