Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers v Swindon  (Read 17347 times)
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 08:21:40 »

And yet Baudry, Fryers, Caddis, Hunt and Grant have all struggled to varying degrees this season. I'm sure a settled side would have done better than this abortion of a season, but I don't think you can underestimate the jump in quality.

A settled side may have done slightly better

Wellens built a good L2 side last season, unfortunately a majority were injury prone so could not be moved on this season.

This season he tried to do the same, however built an unbalanced side, saw the quality jump was to much and jumped ship.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 09:41:59 »

I don't think it's a big jump in quality, most sides look average. Our side as a unit last season wouldn't be in the position we are in now, imo.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 09:46:28 »

Probably fluctuating around halfway without this seasons hysterical shenanigans No   

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 09:52:39 »

But the Sheridactyl says we’re the best of the 7 worst sides in L1. That’s comforting.

And wrong.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 09:56:08 »

He delusional we could have been but he decided to stay with us😀

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #155 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 10:32:42 »

We aren't even the best side in the bottom 3.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 10:33:59 »

A settled side may have done slightly better

Wellens built a good L2 side last season, unfortunately a majority were injury prone so could not be moved on this season.

This season he tried to do the same, however built an unbalanced side, saw the quality jump was to much and jumped ship.

This.

I don't think last seasons squad would have pissed the league, but think they'd have done ok. Momentum is important in football and I think with a few additions we could've been challenging. No one has really impressed me this year with the exception of Accrington who I thought were excellent.

The pandemic has ruined many things (and many more important things) but I do feel like had we won the league the 'normal' way and then had a good summer, things could be so different now. Ah well!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 10:43:27 »

Franchise looked good to me, although we were utter dog shit so it’s hard to tell - but they have done well since.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 11:02:24 »

Last seasons team would have done ok in L1 this season.
We would have scored more goals but Doyle won’t score as many as he did for us for the rest of his career.

The weird thing - from last season to think, we lost Benda, Doughty, Anderson, Woolrey, Yates & Doyle - so it was bloody obvious our attacking had got weaker, likely our midfield and keeper.

Yet the area that regressed the most was defence the area where we actually retained the most players...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 11:04:01 »

The spine of the team.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #160 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 11:10:02 »

We would have scored more goals but Doyle won’t score as many as he did for us for the rest of his career.

The weird thing - from last season to think, we lost Benda, Doughty, Anderson, Woolrey, Yates & Doyle - so it was bloody obvious our attacking had got weaker, likely our midfield and keeper.

Yet the area that regressed the most was defence the area where we actually retained the most players...
Can't disagree with that at all, Although I did express concerns last season about the strength of our CB pairing at times as every game they made a couple of mistakes but were not always punished, in L1 almost every defensive error has been punished.

Any side would struggle when you remove the keeper, best midfielder at the club, 2 decent strikers and 2/3 creative attacker/winger as well.

I still think that our side under Wellens early season was easily good enough to be mid table bar the goalkeeper and a striker.

We will struggle to stay up with the tactics (or no tactics if you prefer) Sheridan currently employs with this squad.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 11:18:14 »

The defence was always going to struggle in L1

Baudry, Fryers and Hunt are L2 players and injury prone, Conroy hasn't had a full season since he's been here
Caddis is getting on against the forwards in L1 they were never going to cut it

Wellens just did not strengthen enough at the back,

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 11:56:59 »

Can't disagree with that at all, Although I did express concerns last season about the strength of our CB pairing at times as every game they made a couple of mistakes but were not always punished, in L1 almost every defensive error has been punished.

Any side would struggle when you remove the keeper, best midfielder at the club, 2 decent strikers and 2/3 creative attacker/winger as well.

I still think that our side under Wellens early season was easily good enough to be mid table bar the goalkeeper and a striker.

We will struggle to stay up with the tactics (or no tactics if you prefer) Sheridan currently employs with this squad.

We were definitely closer to having the puzzle completed under Wellens. Keeper, striker and an additional CB and we’d have been looking alright.

Now we’ve lost our temper with the puzzle, tipped the table over and gone off for a sulk...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 12:34:42 »

The defence was always going to struggle in L1

Baudry, Fryers and Hunt are L2 players and injury prone, Conroy hasn't had a full season since he's been here
Caddis is getting on against the forwards in L1 they were never going to cut it

Wellens just did not strengthen enough at the back,

Agree but this season we don’t have a style that we had last year.
A complete rebuild mid season and simply reverting to dinosaur tactics of going long with a physically light weight midfield just compounds further why we simply can’t maintain possession.
It’s plainly obvious from watching the games and Jurassic John simply thinks if he shouts louder or abuses the players everything will be alright.
It won’t and I just keep hoping every game I will say “wow” we looked a different team.
Saturday here we come.🙏
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2021, 12:39:24 »

Agree but this season we don’t have a style that we had last year.
A complete rebuild mid season and simply reverting to dinosaur tactics of going long with a physically light weight midfield just compounds further why we simply can’t maintain possession.
It’s plainly obvious from watching the games and Jurassic John simply thinks if he shouts louder or abuses the players everything will be alright.
It won’t and I just keep hoping every game I will say “wow” we looked a different team.
Saturday here we come.🙏

Change is coming, hopefully soon enough to secure survival
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: