Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers v Swindon  (Read 17348 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #45 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 10:22:24 »

It's a matter of many we lose by to nil I think for every game for the foreseeable. The club has a terminal illness.
Absolutely.

For want of a better crass similie the club has a cancer at the very top and that is spreading through the major organs (apt) at the club.

Get rid of Power and we clear the problem.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 10:23:11 »

Their saying they have better players than us and we were lucky to beat them at home!
That game was probably the forerunner of the shitfest we’ve endured since. Dreadful game between 2 dreadful teams - although, tbf, I though it was just a blip for Rovers. Never thought they’d slide as low as us.

Can’t see any reason today will be much different. It’ll depend on who’s that little bit less dreadful.

Lose and we’re gone.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #47 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 10:26:57 »

I have to say that Rovers were the shittest side we have played this season and I include Wigan in that, I said it at the time and my thoughts haven't changed.

They have a shocking team and no way near the quality we have when we actually have tactics employed.

And therein lies our problem.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 10:28:28 »

That game was probably the forerunner of the shitfest we’ve endured since. Dreadful game between 2 dreadful teams - although, tbf, I though it was just a blip for Rovers. Never thought they’d slide as low as us.

Can’t see any reason today will be much different. It’ll depend on who’s that little bit less dreadful.

Lose and we’re gone.

Spot on the home game was a drab affair but with Tisdale in charge I thought they would climb the table. With all the goings on this week between Sheriden and the players it's hard to see any of them being motivated so can't see past a convincing home victory with little or nomquality on display and a bonus if we get a couple of shots on target

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 10:41:38 »

So, if the Sheridactyl makes good on his comment about dropping 3 players - and 1 of them being Pitman - does he go with either of the 2 midget loanees up front relishing the ball being booted long and high or release the Oxford Destroyer up front?

Or does he actually not give a fuck who plays where?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 10:45:31 »

Quote from: Arriba
It's a matter of how many we lose by to nil I think for every game for the foreseeable. The club has a terminal illness.

going to take issue with this, not Arriba personally, just that we are bound to lose.

We have already beaten a shit team in Wigan. We can get the odd result (Ipswich, Charlton).

it's going to be a tight game, separated by a goal.

we are comfortably League 2 bound imo. but we can have the odd dead cat bounce
Flashheart

« Reply #51 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 10:49:16 »

We look set to lose the war, but that doesn't mean we can't lose the occasional battle.

FUCK YEAH!  

I should be taking team talks.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 10:56:23 »

Going for a 2-0 win today in a thinly veiled attempt to justify paying to watch on iFollow.. Might have to close my eyes for the first 15minutes and pray to every God in the world for help...

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 10:56:32 »

Rovers x-0 Swindon.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 10:59:31 »

Quote from: Tails
Rovers x-0 Swindon.

x =0

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 11:16:38 »

going to take issue with this, not Arriba personally, just that we are bound to lose.

We have already beaten a shit team in Wigan. We can get the odd result (Ipswich, Charlton).

it's going to be a tight game, separated by a goal.

we are comfortably League 2 bound imo. but we can have the odd dead cat bounce

Will we win some games this season? Highly likely.
Even someone who's dying can have good days.
We'll lose significantly more than we will get anything from I think so predicting losses is a fair call I'd say, especially for a weekend acca...
Peter Venkman

« Reply #56 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 11:18:50 »

Finally when the crowds are let back in....

leftside

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 11:27:01 »

Going for a 2-0 win today in a thinly veiled attempt to justify paying to watch on iFollow.. Might have to close my eyes for the first 15minutes and pray to every God in the world for help...
For that result to happen, Rovers will have to field a team of Blind Pughs and Long John Silvers.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 11:31:45 »

Finally when the crowds are let back in....

Fuck me Venks, that is so funny 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, February 13, 2021, 11:33:39 »

Thirteen visits to see us play Rovers over 40 years at 4 different grounds.
We scored 4 at three of them but won't be many betting on that happening at the former rugby stadium today.
Counting the number of separate stands was a useful distraction, when stood on that pokey terrace in the corner, and being dazzled more by the setting sun than the offering on the pitch.

Anyway, whatever John Sheridan does when his time with us is over, I hope it's something that makes him happy, at least on the inside if it won't show on the outside.
I guess that skin thicker than a rhino (or insert example from Triassic period) is a must have requirement for football managers in the social media age.

Hope we win.
Whatever happens when watching, at least there will be minimal risk of suffering any side effects from exposure to a thing of great beauty.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: