Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers v Swindon  (Read 17598 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 17:59:23 »

So, if they get beat by Pompey tomorrow we could be out of the bottom 4 without even playing a game?

That’ll be a rise of 3 places without playing Saturday or midweek!
We should not play for the rest of the season, we could be Champions by April!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 18:33:45 »

Oxford are on a good run but I couldn't give a fuck about them, more worrying is the likes of Burton who have won 3 of their last 5. Mirroring the same form as Shrewsbury (and Oxford not inc today) which if continued would see them escape relegation. Have no idea what the correl new manager lation is?

A glimmer of hope for Town is that both Northampton and Rovers have marginally worse form (2pts in 5). Wigan, Wimbledon and Rochdale have marginally better form (4pts in 5). Town have 3pts in 5.

It really is tight as Nuns chuff with only 4pts separating the bottom seven. Meaning at present, a form of just 1pt per game would probably be enough to be marginally better than 5 of them (Burton avg 1.8pts per game in 5). That really brings to light just how many shit teams there are and probably shows that there are a lot of average teams in the division too but further; it means if a team can put together even some patchy kind of form they will reflect well on the table.

It's going to come down to who can take the most points off those around them really (on assumption most of the teams won't pick up much from teams higher up) isn't it?

Town have:

Northampton     - Home (Feb 27th)
Bristol Rovers    - Away  (March 23rd)
Rochdale AFC    - Away  (March 27th)
Burton Albion    - Away  (April 5th)
AFC Wimbledon - Away  (April 17th)
Wigan Athletic   - Away  (May 8th)

Ironically that ties in with a 1pt per game avg until the end of the season of 18pts. IF Town can win all of those key matches that might just be enough (42pts). At present I could see Town getting something from all of them but Burton and maybe one more so points will need to be picked up from the other 12 matches. An odd win or a few draws thrown in. If Town's form matches their last 5 then they will be lucky to muster another 12pts. Leaving a finishing total of 36pts, which I think we all know will not be enough.

It's going to be tight as owt and that last game of this season might end up being pivotal for not just Town or Wigan but for possibly another 5 teams too. GD could quite aptly and heartbreakingly be the difference.

I know I'm clutching but in regards to Town I personally need to focus on any tiny glimmers of positivity that might just still be lingering. I can't (well I can and I probably will) continue to bash the shite out of the manager. I had him figured out a long while back but now isn't the time for posturing or fall outs. This clawing Town of their way out is going to have to come from the players and if achieved most of us would attribute it to the players and not the management.  I want the players to know we have their backing and full support - even if the manager doesn't or is clueless to how to use them. It's so bloody frustrating not being able to be at the ground (home or away) to at least let the players know most of us share their feelings regarding the manager. I hope they do know though.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'd rather Town start from scratch in L1, rather than L2 or the other worse option of being no longer in existence.
I can't see us getting something from all of those. I can see us getting something from some of them though. It seems like a relegation season though for definite.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 18:39:16 »

I can't see us getting something from all of those. I can see us getting something from some of them though. It seems like a relegation season though for definite.

Aye, I did say all but Burton and maybe another. Reason being, I can't figure out who the other of those 6 would be. I imagine Town will win four of them. But that might be the "only 12pts mustered" might come from. Not going to get much from elsewhere so ideally winning all of those 6 would be the best route out of it.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Big Smith

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 01:09:42 »

Rearranged for Tuesday 23rd March at 7pm. 
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 01:22:29 »

Rearranged for Tuesday 23rd March at 7pm. 

It was noted on the previous page but the KO time comes in handy for those who want to avoid it  Cheesy

Rearranged for Tuesday 23 March

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 09:29:23 »

I've been a Swindon fan for a long time but I don't think I've seen anything as pathetic as the Rovers reaction to the game being called off. I still think we should've played it on Sunday to be fair, don't need the fixture pile up and they're in a bit of disarray, but my god the reaction has been hilarious. Lockdown has made everyone insane.

Their twitter account throwing a bit of shade was highly amusing. The ability to wind them up by doing absolutely nothing has been a small high point during this season of shambles.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 09:48:59 »

Laughing gas?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 09:52:49 »

I've been a Swindon fan for a long time but I don't think I've seen anything as pathetic as the Rovers reaction to the game being called off. I still think we should've played it on Sunday to be fair, don't need the fixture pile up and they're in a bit of disarray, but my god the reaction has been hilarious. Lockdown has made everyone insane.

Their twitter account throwing a bit of shade was highly amusing. The ability to wind them up by doing absolutely nothing has been a small high point during this season of shambles.

Football fans do tend to get unreasonably angry about games being postponed. And of course have to go onto twitter and moan relentlessly about it. On a Lg1 forum I post on, a Bristol Rovers fan was more than a bit miffed about the game being postponed, calling both the referee and Swindon Town Football Club a DISGRACE, finishing up that they should be awarded the 3 points. Sometimes I wonder what planet these people are on!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 10:24:19 »

they particularly enjoy people telling them that they should sort their pitch out if they want games on.

(but it was playable)

it wasn't, the ref called it off.
---
yeah I'm that childish
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 10:26:20 »

What actually made them think they'd win it anyway? They have been on a shite run.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 10:44:24 »

What actually made them think they'd win it anyway? They have been on a shite run.

Probably the knowledge that we are a basket case of a club at the moment, both on and off the pitch

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 10:51:46 »

thing is, I didn't see many confident they would win.

I put it down to being from brizzle and moved on
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 11:04:46 »

City and Rovers fans are exactly the same as each other. Which I hope pisses them off even more.

Should merge both clubs as "Delusional City Rovers".
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 12:27:08 »

We'll see how good they really are once they've had 90 minutes against Pompey tonight.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2021, 19:29:36 »

Pompey 1 up
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: