Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol Rovers v Swindon  (Read 17444 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 18:33:17 »

Dont worry, by the time we get to play them in march we wont have a team
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 18:36:30 »

worrying isn't it.

Either way we won't be playing them next season😂

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 18:40:23 »

We’ve moved up another place. What a shit league this must be!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 18:48:52 »

There was a fire at halftime.
One of the floodlights on fire. I was thinking it was the back garden fence.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #109 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 19:05:37 »

We’ve moved up another place. What a shit league this must be!
This season there do seem to be more shit teams than usual.  Normally you get a couple of sides that are shockingly bad; there seems to be at least 7 this year including us.  To be the fifth shittest is a very low bar to aspire to.  Have we got that step up in us?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 19:18:10 »

Oxford are on a good run but I couldn't give a fuck about them, more worrying is the likes of Burton who have won 3 of their last 5. Mirroring the same form as Shrewsbury (and Oxford not inc today) which if continued would see them escape relegation. Have no idea what the correl new manager lation is?

A glimmer of hope for Town is that both Northampton and Rovers have marginally worse form (2pts in 5). Wigan, Wimbledon and Rochdale have marginally better form (4pts in 5). Town have 3pts in 5.

It really is tight as Nuns chuff with only 4pts separating the bottom seven. Meaning at present, a form of just 1pt per game would probably be enough to be marginally better than 5 of them (Burton avg 1.8pts per game in 5). That really brings to light just how many shit teams there are and probably shows that there are a lot of average teams in the division too but further; it means if a team can put together even some patchy kind of form they will reflect well on the table.

It's going to come down to who can take the most points off those around them really (on assumption most of the teams won't pick up much from teams higher up) isn't it?

Town have:

Northampton     - Home (Feb 27th)
Bristol Rovers    - Away  (March 23rd)
Rochdale AFC    - Away  (March 27th)
Burton Albion    - Away  (April 5th)
AFC Wimbledon - Away  (April 17th)
Wigan Athletic   - Away  (May 8th)

Ironically that ties in with a 1pt per game avg until the end of the season of 18pts. IF Town can win all of those key matches that might just be enough (42pts). At present I could see Town getting something from all of them but Burton and maybe one more so points will need to be picked up from the other 12 matches. An odd win or a few draws thrown in. If Town's form matches their last 5 then they will be lucky to muster another 12pts. Leaving a finishing total of 36pts, which I think we all know will not be enough.

It's going to be tight as owt and that last game of this season might end up being pivotal for not just Town or Wigan but for possibly another 5 teams too. GD could quite aptly and heartbreakingly be the difference.

I know I'm clutching but in regards to Town I personally need to focus on any tiny glimmers of positivity that might just still be lingering. I can't (well I can and I probably will) continue to bash the shite out of the manager. I had him figured out a long while back but now isn't the time for posturing or fall outs. This clawing Town of their way out is going to have to come from the players and if achieved most of us would attribute it to the players and not the management.  I want the players to know we have their backing and full support - even if the manager doesn't or is clueless to how to use them. It's so bloody frustrating not being able to be at the ground (home or away) to at least let the players know most of us share their feelings regarding the manager. I hope they do know though.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'd rather Town start from scratch in L1, rather than L2 or the other worse option of being no longer in existence.
« Last Edit: Monday, February 15, 2021, 16:40:26 by bamboonoclue » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 19:32:52 »

The real nightmare scenario is getting relegated and Power still in charge and giving the Sheridactyl a new contract.

This club needs a proper colonic irrigation.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 19:35:57 »

Oxford are on a good run but I couldn't give a fuck about them, more worrying is the likes of Burton who have won 3 of their last 5. Mirroring the same form as Shrewsbury (and Oxford not inc today) which if continued would see them escape relegation. Have no idea what the correl new manager lation is?

A glimmer of hope for Town is that both Northampton and Rovers have marginally worse form (2pts in 5). Wigan, Wimbledon and Rochdale have marginally better form (4pts in 5). Town have 3pts in 5.

It really is tight as Nuns chuff with only 4pts separating the bottom seven. Meaning at present, a form of just 1pt per game would probably be enough to be marginally better than 5 of them (Burton avg 1.8pts per game in 5). That really brings to light just how many shit teams there are and probably shows that there are a lot of average teams in the division too but further; it means if a team can put together even some patchy kind of form they will reflect well on the table.

It's going to come down to who can take the most points off those around them really (on assumption most of the teams won't pick up much from teams higher up) isn't it?

Town have:

Bristol Rovers    - Away  (TBA)
Northampton     - Home (Feb 27th)
Rochdale AFC    - Away  (March 27th)
Burton Albion    - Away  (April 5th)
AFC Wimbledon - Away  (April 17th)
Wigan Athletic   - Away  (May 8th)

Ironically that ties in with a 1pt per game avg until the end of the season of 18pts. IF Town can win all of those key matches that might just be enough (42pts). At present I could see Town getting something from all of them but Burton and maybe one more so points will need to be picked up from the other 12 matches. An odd win or a few draws thrown in. If Town's form matches their last 5 then they will be lucky to muster another 12pts. Leaving a finishing total of 36pts, which I think we all know will not be enough.

It's going to be tight as owt and that last game of this season might end up being pivotal for not just Town or Wigan but for possibly another 5 teams too. GD could quite aptly and heartbreakingly be the difference.

I know I'm clutching but in regards to Town I personally need to focus on any tiny glimmers of positivity that might just still be lingering. I can't (well I can and I probably will) continue to bash the shite out of the manager. I had him figured out a long while back but now isn't the time for posturing or fall outs. This clawing Town of their way out is going to have to come from the players and if achieved most of us would attribute it to the players and not the management.  I want the players to know we have their backing and full support - even if the manager doesn't or is clueless to how to use them. It's so bloody frustrating not being able to be at the ground (home or away) to at least let the players know most of us share their feelings regarding the manager. I hope they do know though.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'd rather Town start from scratch in L1, rather than L2 or the other worse option of being no longer in existence.

I would be surprised if 42 points is enough to stay up normally 48-50 will get you relegated in fourth spot but you may be right

So, give no fucks
Crackity Jones

« Reply #113 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 19:42:39 »

Good analysis Bamboo.  With Wellens in charge we were a decent GK, CB and CF away from having more than enough for this level in my view. Doughty retiring was a big loss though. Power royally fucked up by replacing Wellens with a manager who not only didn't have a similar playing philosophy, has no playing philosophy at all apart from antagonising anyone who has the misfortune of having to play for him.  So we end up with a massive squad overhaul in Jan, loan players being recalled, our best player sold to pay the bills and the remaining contracted players downing tools. This likely only ends one way.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, February 14, 2021, 19:46:10 »

Good analysis Bamboo.  With Wellens in charge we were a decent GK, CB and CF away from having more than enough for this level in my view. Doughty retiring was a big loss though. Power royally fucked up by replacing Wellens with a manager who not only didn't have a similar playing philosophy, has no playing philosophy at all apart from antagonising anyone who has the misfortune of having to play for him.  So we end up with a massive squad overhaul in Jan, loan players being recalled, our best player sold to pay the bills and the remaining contracted players downing tools. This likely only ends one way.

Good post Clap

So, give no fucks

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 15:31:18 »

Rearranged for Tuesday 23 March
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 16:16:43 »

ta

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 16:33:01 »

So, if they get beat by Pompey tomorrow we could be out of the bottom 4 without even playing a game?

That’ll be a rise of 3 places without playing Saturday or midweek!
REDBUCK

« Reply #118 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 17:01:29 »

Northampton have to lose also i think
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, February 15, 2021, 17:17:31 »

Northampton have to lose also i think

They do but Northampton can't buy a win at present and appear to not be able to beat teams around them either. Assumption and last 5 form suggests that they won't pick anything up versus the Field Ploughers (their form is the same as Wovers).

Can't rule anything out of course but I would say an Ipswich win should be on the cards. I know Town won v them but I have a feeling that the Sixfields Massif are a little bit shitter than Town.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: