Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pompeii v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 28808 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 10:45:36 »

Did anyone actually suggest that? I'd be surprised if that was really a viable proposition put forward? No more than a pointless online petition to get rid of Power.

Alluded to it, this was the post that I was responding to.

Also, if Power needed a reason to dismiss without paying off the rest of the contract...he now may well have one...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 10:51:31 »

He doesn’t need to be sacked for swearing. He needs to be sacked for being a fucking clueless tosspot.
Quite
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 11:53:56 »

I know he'll get shit for everything he does and yes it's clear he's lost the dressing room but I've heard Wellens be equally colourful and 'encouraging' on the sidelines.

It's one of those things that's only acceptable when you're winning.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #513 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 12:55:48 »

I know he'll get shit for everything he does and yes it's clear he's lost the dressing room but I've heard Wellens be equally colourful and 'encouraging' on the sidelines.

It's one of those things that's only acceptable when you're winning.
I think issue is not that Sheridan is bollocking the players with "colourful language" the issue seems to be that he offers no encouragement with or without "colourful language".

His only ploy is to constantly berate players at the expense of any guidance or encouragement.

The issue of him swear is for me neither here nor there and part and parcel of the game, rightly or wrongly.

He has one version of man management and that is to shout and have a go at players.

The calls for him to be sacked for his use of the more aggressive swear words is not even an issue really despite some fans clutching at straws thinking it may be a way of removing him, it won't happen I am sorry to say.

Sheridan has from day 1 in charge constantly swore and shouted negative things at the players all game every game, it was just brought to a head yesterday by the lack of commentary, this exact same thing has been going on in every one of the last 19 games he has been in control.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 13:04:01 »

I think issue is not that Sheridan is bollocking the players with "colourful language" the issue seems to be that he offers no encouragement with or without "colourful language".

His only ploy is to constantly berate players at the expense of any guidance or encouragement.

The issue of him swear is for me neither here nor there and part and parcel of the game, rightly or wrongly.

He has one version of man management and that is to shout and have a go at players.

The calls for him to be sacked for his use of the more aggressive swear words is not even an issue really despite some fans clutching at straws thinking it may be a way of removing him, it won't happen I am sorry to say.

Sheridan has from day 1 in charge constantly swore and shouted negative things at the players all game every game, it was just brought to a head yesterday by the lack of commentary, this exact same thing has been going on in every one of the last 19 games he has been in control.

Not just during the games Mate.
Every day in the life of Jurassic John. I’ve seen better instructions from competent kids coaches than from him. If anything he should sit in the DR and join the “get it forward” brigade.
What a complete twat and sadly he is our incompetent Manager.
Another inspired choice from Power “I’ve saved the Klerb Shawn.”
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 13:11:52 »

I'd forgotten about the "get it forward" brigade, they must be sat up there in their ivory towers lauding it at how they finally have what they want.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #516 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 13:12:32 »

Not just during the games Mate.
Every day in the life of Jurassic John. I’ve seen better instructions from competent kids coaches than from him. If anything he should sit in the DR and join the “get it forward” brigade.
What a complete twat and sadly he is our incompetent Manager.
Another inspired choice from Power “I’ve saved the Klerb Shawn.”
Absolutely mate, Sheridan is comfortably the worst manager in our clubs 142 year history, and thats some achievement! highest losing percentage by a country mile compared to even Hart.

I'd forgotten about the "get it forward" brigade, they must be sat up there in their ivory towers lauding it at how they finally have what they want.
Shudders.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 13:48:50 »

I even think Bamboo's sacking related comment was in reference to someone else asking what if he broke his contract by not having a post match interview.

The swearing itself was not my issue.

It was the fact that for 90 minutes we got a direct insight into our Managers approach to "coaching" and managing his team.  It backed up all the bad ideas people may have about it lacking anything of value.  It was a tirade of one line pout downs, moans, sarcastic musings and snide comments to his coaching staff.

The next question is whether or not last night was a one off?

Well, we can all assume it is clearly not, but fortunately, evidence exists that shows he has form.  There was the article about his time at Waterford which had an opposition player stating how it was in fact not what he usually hears.  Then you have his departure at Notts County, who sacked him off the back of a terrible run but used the referee's report from a game where he had a tirade at the officials and got a 5 match sideline ban.  Seems he is like this consistently, and worse than others.

That essentially supports the charge of being useless - he is not offering anything of use to the players to make them improve bar beating them up verbally.  Last night also showed that the players do hear it and at times are pushed to respond in kind.  That does not bode well for a unified team fighting to get us out of relegation.  The reaction to the second goal going in was a sort of "oh well".  They are already going to get shouted at anyway so what difference does a goal make.

To provide a small amount of balance, I did suggest that he may well be finding life very tough - an ex-pro of decent standard who may seem like life post career is dealing him a bad hand having to coach such players, lost his parents recently etc.  It's not hard to see how someone with the wrong personality could drift towards depression in that situation.  Still doesn't defend his output as a Manager.  Last night just put the full stop after the sentence....

Fuck Off.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #518 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 13:53:57 »

Last night just put the full stop after the sentence....

Fuck Off.
Love you too! Smiley

Actually thats succinct and to the point, he is not wanted at the club, it is time to fuck off and when he has done that fuck off some more.

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 13:55:13 »

Then you have his departure at Notts County, who sacked him off the back of a terrible run but used the referee's report from a game where he had a tirade at the officials and got a 5 match sideline ban.  

Perhaps he might end up doing the same here, could be our only chance of staying up!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 14:09:34 »

Haha! Very true!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 14:20:28 »

I can only imagine they've added "no, not like that!" to the end of their regular cries.

The thing that baffles me the most of all is that you absolutely can play long ball anti-football at this level and have some reasonable degree of success - Wycombe certainly didn't do much else last season and they went up. You just can't do so with Brett Pitman as your focal point, who is at best a pure poacher and at worst entirely immobile. It would even make sense with a Calvin Andrew type to win knockdowns, but we seem to have not really even tried to get someone meeting that description in January.

Probably because Shez would "never tell a team to play long balls".
Flashheart

« Reply #522 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 14:26:02 »

It's not even just having Brett Pitman as your focal point.

It's having an *unsupported* Brett Piman as your focal point. He has nobody to lay it off to even if he does win it against defenders a few inches taller then he is.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 15:00:11 »

I do hope he's not having mental health problems, family deaths and work pressures can tip you over the edge.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 16:18:15 »

I do hope he's not having mental health problems, family deaths and work pressures can tip you over the edge.

Interesting that Liverpool’s wretched run of form has come with Klopp’s mum passing away. Can’t have helped Sheridan (but he is still a crap manager and a poor human being based on previous experiences)
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: