Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pompeii v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29381 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:09:57 »

Have tried to find out, definitely contractual for tv cameras but unsure for BBC wilts. Given that it’s not happened before, I presume it is in the managers contract, but who knows
Seems as though he does just anything he wants regardless so I don't think he would worry about contracts.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:10:02 »

Have tried to find out, definitely contractual for tv cameras but unsure for BBC wilts. Given that it’s not happened before, I presume it is in the managers contract, but who knows

Lolz don't be silly, there will be no written contract, Mr Power appears not to like "awww that facckiinn red taiipe Shawwwwnn!"  Grin

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:12:37 »

Give it Caddis to the end of the season. Could it be worse? At least if it was as bad, we'd know it was coming from a good place.

You would imagine the players would have total respect for him and there would be some fresh ideas, the loosening of shackles from the hideous direct, defensive way we are being setup at the moment.

Surely any of the current staff would do a better job until the end of the season, even the bloody kit man.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:13:39 »

The moment a manager gets sacked for swearing on a touchline the game has gone.  Goes for the bully tactics as well.  If he had gone further than bellowing abuse at them about their play then maybe, but even though we know he was verging on being a bully, there was nothing there that you don't get on every training ground regularly.

May have been acceptable upto around 1995 Berni or in Sunday Pub League. Even those leagues have protocol in place now. Times have changed even if some of the people don't want to.

Those that can't adapt and all that...
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:16:01 by bamboonoclue » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

Panda Paws

« Reply #484 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:14:18 »

The moment a manager gets sacked for swearing on a touchline the game has gone.  Goes for the bully tactics as well.  If he had gone further than bellowing abuse at them about their play then maybe, but even though we know he was verging on being a bully, there was nothing there that you don't get on every training ground regularly.

It's not 1988.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:16:25 »

How many times can a manager keep bottling interviews.

Hopefully he's off but won't get my hopes up.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:16:40 »

It’s hard to see how he can keep his job - telling a player to keep his shot on target, and suggesting a ‘keeper should punch rather than catch the ball...disgraceful!

In all seriousness, I do wonder whether his absence post match is down to his P45 awaiting upon the coach pulling up at the CG.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:18:01 »

Someone should actually sell tonight's game content to Netflix and get them to layer in some analysis.  Would make a cracking documentary.
Match analysis or psychoanalysis?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:24:24 »

Match analysis or psychoanalysis?

Both
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:24:43 »

It’s hard to see how he can keep his job - telling a player to keep his shot on target, and suggesting a ‘keeper should punch rather than catch the ball...disgraceful!

In all seriousness, I do wonder whether his absence post match is down to his P45 awaiting upon the coach pulling up at the CG.

I think we all know it's the cumulative "effort" (or likely lack off) to even appear to be a competent football manager. When the camel's back is broken by the straw, it's not usually the biggest or most shocking thing than does so. Compounded oh Changy one. Compounded.

'Incessant Nonsense'

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 22:27:02 »

I think we all know it's the cumulative "effort" (or likely lack off) to even appear to be a competent football manager. When the camel's back is broken by the straw, it's not usually the biggest or most shocking thing than does so. Compounded oh Changy one. Compounded.

He just being controversial, it's his thing.  That and knowing Jason Roberts is about to sign, actually, maybe he is getting the Managers job.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 23:23:10 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/19077813.john-sheridan-reacts-swindon-towns-defeat-portsmouth/ Looks like he fronted up to the media in some respects
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #492 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 23:42:27 »

so he can speak then

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/19077813.john-sheridan-reacts-swindon-towns-defeat-portsmouth/
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 23:48:22 »

Is there an echo here?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 00:03:15 »

I didn't refresh before posting
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: