Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pompeii v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29479 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:37:18 »

Based on listening to tonight's game (there were some moving pictures as well, but that wasn't very interesting), outside of his experience as a player, how the fuck would Sheridan get passed an interview for a job?

The team may not be world beaters, and they may be making mistakes, and certainly not performing well, but I cannot fathom how just shouting a few basic Captain Obvious statements mixed with Fuck or Fucking is going to help much.  It just highlighted, if there was any doubt by watching, that we are managed by a Sunday League Manager, and not even a very good one of those.

Berni mentioned it, I'd lump in Tommy Wright.  He may not have been as bad, but he was hardly providing a sideline coaching masterclass.  He best advice appeared to be get forward and tackle him.

We have looked like a team bereft of a functioning plan, certainly one that the team buy into.  Tonight has proved it beyond doubt.  At best, we are sent out to essentially hit it long and hope.  At worst, the players are doing all they can to avoid paying attention to the Management team, and at times, it's so obviously bad they are even giving a few fucks back at them.  Hardly a well oiled machine with everyone pulling in the same direction.

People can knock the players, I have, but they are being set-up to fail.  Yes they are professionals, and you might expect better, but I've used this before - the margins are slim and a professional without clear direction, without drilled behaviours, without that confidence everything is designed this way for a reason, well, it creates what looks like amateur efforts.

There is no point reviewing the players.  As an example, Pitman looks disinterested - but he has to flip two fingers at his boss while trying to play the game and gets a team delivering the exact opposite of what makes him even close to effective.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:38:10 »

https://www.otbsports.com/soccer/john-sheridan-damien-delaney-waterford-1061414

Just found this little nugget from his time at Waterford. The bloke comes across as a bully pure and simple.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:42:56 »

Just found this little nugget from his time at Waterford. The bloke comes across as a bully pure and simple.

Never saw him as a player but he was a good one right? Does he expect league one players (or irish league in that case) to be “as good as he was” and when they’re not he gives them dogs abuse. That’s what it sounds like to me.

Unfortunately John, once you’ve retired... you’re only as good as the players you “manage”
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:44:57 »

Tonight would suggest he absolutely did say it and meant it.

There is often a big comedown for ex-players, especially some that were quite good.  They struggle with the players working for them not being able to do what they did (Sheridan even dropped a hint at that himself in an interview this past week).  Sheridan clearly has no other way of dealing with the shit hand he perceives he has been dealt (his little jokes about being at this level for a reason now take on a different light to me having listened to his in match efforts) than shouting and being "sarcastic" at those he is doomed to manage.

I'd like to think Power would at least realise this if he was played tonight's audio, but who knows.  His investment in Williams suggest he has a bit of a footballing brain, but he let Sheridan take the helm and must know what he is like?Huh?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:45:45 »

Sheridan
- I've apologised to the lads
- I get carried away. Shouting comments
- Feel really bad about it
- Pointed out to me negative effect
- Spoke to Lee. Have done the honourable thing
- Asked Granty and Caddy to take care of affairs until we can get proper caretaker in
- Lee will announce properly tomorrow
- Sorry its not worked out. Did my best.
- Know now it wasn't good enough
- Sorry to any parents if their kids were listening. Please forgive me

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:47:01 »

Sheridan
- Asked Granty and Caddy to take care of affairs until we can get proper caretaker in

I assume that is a joke?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:47:48 »

Would piss myself laughing if that was the case though Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:47:56 »

Sheridan

You’re fucking winding me up...
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:48:08 »

Sheridan
I wish.
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:48:54 »

Sheridan

I thought it was Christmas once again!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:49:01 »

Sounds like his style doesn't it. Miserable failure with a chip on his shoulder that he's reduced to taking whatever shitty job someone will offer, taking it out on his players. Inspiring stuff.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:49:58 »

Bottled the interview and is on the bus on the way home
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:50:20 »

It's a fucking disgrace Sheridan has made zero effort to face the music in a post-match interview after that shower of shit. I guess he really meant it in the early days when he said he didn't care if the fans liked him or not.

This clown has got to go!!!!

I can only hope he' under orders not to speak to the media afterwards because he'll be getting the sack when he gets back to SN1

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:50:46 »

Sheridan
You fucking tease.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:50:53 »

Sorry, couldn't resist. Thought I'd interview for Tansmedia! :-)

On the radio they have just said that Sheridan is already on the team bus and on the way home! So will have to wait until the weekend to talk to him again.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: