Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pompeii v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29377 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:21:11 »

Yes it is one of the games that will get us relegated. That was just a continuation of Saturday's shit show. Keep on the same track and we will go down.
Portsmouth will be there or there abouts come the end of the season. Shrewsbury are one of the teams around us, or could have been if we'd got anything against them on Saturday. Those are the games that willl send us down, not losing away to top 6 sides
1989Monkey

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:21:16 »

Paul Bodin did a decent job previously I’d be happy with him
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:21:55 »

Painful.

If he wasn’t already unemployable a few games ago, he’s becoming more unemployable with each passing game. If Power really was sheridan’s mate, he’d put him out of his misery to prevent his stock falling any further than it already has.

It’s painful watching players who started so bright being ground down to shadows of their former ability the more they are exposed to him. He did it with Matt Smith... Thompson and Twine looked electric in that first game with us against Ippo, Palmer less so but still handy. Now they can barely pick a pass between them.

He is basically toxic.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:23:17 »

Portsmouth will be there or there abouts come the end of the season. Shrewsbury are one of the teams around us, or could have been if we'd got anything against them on Saturday. Those are the games that willl send us down, not losing away to top 6 sides

Shrews beat Sunderland tonight

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:27:04 »

Has the idiot been on the wireless yet?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:27:44 »

We all know we have the players to stay up. But it's bleeding obvious you can't just hoof it upfield and hope something sticks. The Pompey commentators knew Pitman needs balls played into him in the box. Hope is literally a waste of a shirt in that position. Garrick doesn't know what to do. Palmer just gets bypassed. Our only attacking threat was Payne and Missilou coming through the middle.

What do you do when a plan isn't working? FFS. I just can't understand how an experienced manager can have so little clue.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Crackity Jones

« Reply #426 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:28:14 »

That implies we have it in ourselves to beat the sides around us.  I remain to be convinced under current management
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:28:56 »

That implies we have it in ourselves to beat the sides around us.  I remain to be convinced under current management
Yes, that was exactly my point.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:30:56 »

It's nearly time for NMH to take it away with the Post-Match Presser Manager and Player responses. When you're ready NMH...do your thang!

Andrew Hawes is now live with Conroy...

Also if the current audio you're listening to doesn't tell you that Hawes is not pitchside with Conroy then it might be time to get the ears syringed...
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:35:06 by bamboonoclue » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:31:56 »

Tonight was always a free hit...roll on the Gas on Saturday!
Crackity Jones

« Reply #430 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:32:32 »

Yes, that was exactly my point.
I really should read posts and take on board their meaning before replying.

jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:32:45 »

I can’t see Sheridan coming on is he with Conroy having to do the first one??
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:34:34 »

Ha ha. Hawes asks "What sort of energy are you getting from the sidelines? Is it helping or not?" Conroy plays a straight bat.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:36:02 »

Conroy:
- They didnt create too much
- Again 2 sloppy goals
- Pompey are a top side
- Got to work hard
- Not good to concede first. Need to work hard on that
- Penalty: A bit soft and they went shoulder to shoulder. Ref said they clipped legsCant complain about it
- About not scoring goals: Got to trust the process
- Got to create more. Crosses into box earlier. Need more of a threat going forward
- Tough being at the bottom. Good team spirit. They are a good side.
- Does the manager help you through the game: He helps us through the game. Its down to the players on the pitch not the manager
- We need to be more of a threat going forward
- Motivation: Results arent grinding us down. We know we are in a battle. Have to keep working hard. Stick together. Trust the process. One win can help position
- Pressure: Every game is important. All feel like 6 pointers
- Back in for the rest of the week to work hard to try for 3 points at the weekend
- Frustrating to lose. Good group of boys. Everyone trusting...Boys workrate good. Hopefully get a few points on the board.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:37:56 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Tuesday, February 9, 2021, 21:37:02 »

I reckon he had a gun held to his head during that interview
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: