Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 39   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Pompeii v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 28558 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 12:56:58 »

"We need to start winning games and that will make my job a lot easier"

That is your job John. That's the job. All of it.
CMT82

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 13:11:04 »

Either a 1-0 win (Pitman?!) thanks to a Travers masterclass or a complete mauling. Either way I am not sure we're going to see an end to the current misery anytime soon. Lunchtime press comments hardly inspire...

"I motivate the players by getting them to look at the table and see where we are in the league."

Not exactly working.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 13:15:24 »

"We need to start winning games and that will make my job a lot easier"

That is your job John. That's the job. All of it.

Ha, that's like a salesman saying if people ring up and buy my stuff it will make my job a lot easier.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 13:18:15 »

Come to half time, we'll be losing 4-0. Each and every goal, a hotly disputed penalty.

So we'll smash up the floodlights, and the game will be abandoned, and the dog will bark and we'll be banned from Fratton Park.

And our travelling army of synthetic supporters will be taken away from us and thrown in the bin!
« Last Edit: Monday, February 8, 2021, 18:04:50 by Nomoreheroes » Logged

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 13:44:23 »

I give up with listening to anything this twat says, it's just ramblings of a broken dinosaur that we all agree shouldn't be anywhere near the club.  If I were playing for him I would be just reading that shite and laughing.  I know for sure if I was in his squad I would not be playing because I wouldn't be able to bite my lip - i would already be looking for my next move.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 13:49:54 »

4-0

Winning the National Lottery would make my life easier. Would someone please buy me a ticket?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #21 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 13:55:10 »

I give up with listening to anything this twat says, it's just ramblings of a broken dinosaur that we all agree shouldn't be anywhere near the club.  If I were playing for him I would be just reading that shite and laughing.  I know for sure if I was in his squad I would not be playing because I wouldn't be able to bite my lip - i would already be looking for my next move.
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 14:21:13 »

Ha, that's like a salesman saying if people ring up and buy my stuff it will make my job a lot easier.

Ive been doing that for years!

Clems Army!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 14:21:55 »

I give up with listening to anything this twat says, it's just ramblings of a broken dinosaur that we all agree shouldn't be anywhere near the club.  If I were playing for him I would be just reading that shite and laughing.  I know for sure if I was in his squad I would not be playing because I wouldn't be able to bite my lip - i would already be looking for my next move.
I suspect you would be 'injured' and soaking up the pay until the end of your contract too.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 15:10:39 »

Exactly this. I rather shamefully admit that as a 58 year old who has invested around 45 years of my life following the Town, that I feel, almost for the first time, a complete disinterest in watching a live game of football involving STFC.  I will therefore probably follow it via Twitter and getting updates from my son. The inability to watch games live in the flesh is a big contributing factor to my apathy,  but mainly it is the current managers acceptance and defence of the turgid shit that is being served up game after game, after game. It is not doing my mental health any good watching this dross and then hearing that feeble excuse of a manager with his dreadful post match "analysis".  Hopefully a lucky win will follow (it wont be planned that's for sure) and my enthusiasm will at least temporarily be rekindled.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 15:14:26 »

Ive been doing that for years!

Can you please apply for the managers job  Smiley
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 15:34:18 »

Any chance the game will off because of snow or frost?
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 15:38:11 »

Any chance the game will off because of snow or frost?
Could be. Hopefully they forget to put the covers on.

The only I hope I have for this game is Pitman going on a mad one to prove a point to Kenny Jackett.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 15:39:03 »

shouldn't think so, it's going to be -1 or -2 worst case in Portsmouth

covers should therefore do the job
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, February 8, 2021, 17:00:39 »

Cold enough to encourage our players to run about a bit then. 
 Just seen it's going to go down to -13 here this week :-(
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 39   Go Up
Print
Jump to: